PDA

View Full Version : Mystics*Art

Mystic*Umbreon
27th October 2003, 06:31 PM
hiya everybody, i thought id post all my art in one spot, atm, all my art may have already been seen, on PC, but otherwise i hope you enjoy till i come up with some new stuff!

heres a Blaziken!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nuriko
27th October 2003, 07:12 PM
Hmm.. I've never seen your art before, but just by this picture, I know for sure you've gained a fan!! ^_^ My god... I just love this picture! Such a cool Blaziken.. I love the pose, and the action is captured very well in this picture! I find the backround very fitting. However, my favorite part is the legs... they just look.. wow. I love the way you shaded them. I can't even explain the effect, other than it's amazing. Oh, and the expression!! Looks so calm and cool, yet at the same time, he can just suddenly rip somebody up... I dunno how you did it, but you did an awesome job!! Keep it up! ^_^

Iveechan
27th October 2003, 08:08 PM
I like the bright lighting along with the dark shadow. It gives the pic a nice, dramatic look. What is also interesting is how the daigonal effect of the bg is opposite of the wya the Blaziken is leaning. I think. Now I forget o.O

Pants Master
27th October 2003, 09:49 PM
wooo.. .o.O
As soon as I saw you were from PC I wondered who you were. I have little memory of tha place [the reset did in my memory.. for I would then have two sets of names for each member to remember]. But me and my wierd memory for visuals certainly remember your blaziken. What always strikes me is the high contrast areas, and the sense of realism. Its just a funky style that you could develope into somehting thats more yours than styles usually can be. I dont know.. but I like the streaky flame look of the wrist there ^^ its a different idea. that there hands funky too.. just in its porportion and thickness.

Lynx Wolverina
28th October 2003, 09:09 AM
Hey, I know you! You are Umbreon Ads, arent you?
Ive seen the picture at PC, and I love it!

I love all your art, its much cooler than mine. Keep it up, and show us more!

Wild Female Machoke
28th October 2003, 02:52 PM
You've used colored pencils, right? Thought so. :D

Anyway, I do like the way you did the shadows in that pic. (Compared to mine which didn't show too well after being scanned.) You really did pay attention to where the light hit on the Pokémon. I also liked how you paid a lot of attention to the details on him too. Background? erm... I cannot say anything much...

Mystic*Umbreon
4th November 2003, 07:19 PM
wow, thanx everyone, ive had so much on my mind lately i just about forgot id posted anything here!

oh well, gives more reason for a longer post!

Thanx Nuriko, i was having a bit of a practice with the shading and lighting effects as its not usually something i play with! im glad everyone likes!

Iveechan, its always an honour to get a reply from yourself, i never really noticed about the bg before though.

Pants Master, i know what you mean, remembering names when some have four different ones (as ive had) is annoying!

Lynx Wolverina, yep u got it right, and i absolutely love ur artwork too, i got ur agonix btw and am looking at ur request!

WildFemaleMachoke, yep used colour pencils, then scanned into the comp and used a program to add touch ups to the parts that lost quality in the scan!

thanx everyone, sorry it took so long between replies, il have to post some of my old work again coz as ive said ive been busy with things and havent been able to colour my latest work! here is dragonite and salamence!

MoonLight
5th November 2003, 02:43 PM
Hey There as soon as i seen this pic i knew act who ya where ! :) i was wondering what ever happen to ya it's Great to see ya! and as always your pics are amazing !

Agent Elrond
5th November 2003, 05:49 PM
Those are seriously cool, you have some of the best lighting around. :o I love them both, so dynamic! I'd write more but I just can't think of anyhting to say, they're awsome!

If there's one thing missing, I'd really like to see some hand drawn backrounds, but if you're not into that sort of thing, don't mind me.

Mystic*Umbreon
5th November 2003, 08:03 PM
hiya Moonlight, yeah i havent been logging on as much anymore, work is keeping me pretty busy and all!

Thanx Agent Elrond! im really glad u like them, i do have some hand drawn bg, i usually just do comp ones tho coz of time!

but il find some more to show, in fact i noticed one was on the Unknown Dungeons site if u saw it, it was of charmander, charmeleon and charizard in a volcanic scene, the bg was drawn and i used watercolours! i didnt even realise they were using it!

anyway here is another one i had on PC, it was for a summer competition, bg is hand done btw, i used the comp to try smooth the texture and lighten it up tho!

MoonLight
5th November 2003, 08:08 PM
Yeah i could see that i was pretty busy myself as well comp problems XD but im still at PC tho oh and i rem that pic too that one is very pretty !

Mystic*Umbreon
5th November 2003, 08:20 PM
yeah i know what u mean moonlight!, i still go to pc, but as 'Fearnix_Storm', i decided to change the name when they reset!

Mystic*Umbreon
6th November 2003, 05:44 PM
well until i get my other pics from disc back to my comp this will have to do til then, is one i did for valentines, not my usual type of stuff but i did it all on computer and i like the way it looks like it was painted.....
a bit of quality was lost as i had to change to jpeg!

Lynx Wolverina
7th November 2003, 09:34 AM
Wow/// Umbreon, your art is GREAT. Im happy you didnt forget about my request, its been a long while, and, even more happy, I am because you like my artwork!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mystic*Umbreon
8th November 2003, 03:14 AM
hehe no prbs LynxWolverina, im gonna try it again tomorow, the first attempt wasnt that good, so i should have one up for ya soon ok! of course i like ur artwork, it rocks, who wouldnt like it!

Agent Elrond
8th November 2003, 02:28 PM
Aw, they is soooo cute! ^.^ I like the summer fun one a lot, I just love that hand drawn look, to me it gives things a lot more character, even if they're not as techically "perfect".

That being said I also like the valintine one, the color look all pastelly, and the lighting is very soft and warm, nice.

Tech note: Not to rain on anyone's day, but I don't think Nidoran male/female can breed. :(

Of course, who said you had to be technically correct? :D

Mystic*Umbreon
9th November 2003, 05:38 PM
thanx elrond, i like hand drawn more too, plus i can create the right efcect with pencil which i sometimes find difficult with computer.

i thought the nidorans could breed, in my guide it says nidorina and nidoqueen cant breed, but says nothing of the males, or nidorans so perhaps ur right, hmmm that does pose an interesting and strange problem!

Susan_Rocket
9th November 2003, 06:47 PM
oh! that's sooo cool :D

I luv the vacation pic and the blaziken one also :)

Mystic*Umbreon
10th November 2003, 08:12 PM
thanx Susan, im glad u like my stuff!

here is another hand drawn one, it was a spring themed one, featuring Bellossom, Bayleef, Sunflora, Breloom, Hoppip and Oddish......

Iveechan
10th November 2003, 11:37 PM
Only Nidoran female can breed, but all the males are fertile... but you don't need to have kids for romance ;).

I remember the grass type pic, it's my favorite. I love bold greens and yellows, not to mention grass types themselves. It has a real illustration feel to it.

Lynx Wolverina
11th November 2003, 08:45 AM
*stares on the Bayleef*

Really nice job, the spring!!!!!!!

Susan_Rocket
11th November 2003, 02:10 PM
you deserve it.

The spring is sooo kawaii. :) no wonder why I like the spring ^^ but I adore summer :p

Mystic*Umbreon
13th November 2003, 06:40 PM
very true Iveechan, kids arent a necessity to have romance or love, but is an excelllent by-product (not the right words for it!) from true love!
i really wasnt aware of the nido situation, probly coz ive never bred any, coz they are very common!

i waz particularly proud of that spring pic, with the colours and style, so im glad everyone liked it too!

thanx Susan, it may be strange but i prefer winter, and spring over summer and autumn, tho going to the beach and swimming etc. can only be truly enjoyed in the summer. but the one true thing i like most about summer is air-conditioners, hehhe

i found the char-evo pic i did, its usually a4 size but i had to make it small for some reason, there is also a bulbasau-evo pic like it which il post later!

Mystic*Umbreon
13th November 2003, 06:42 PM
and here is the bulbasaur scene,

BlazikenKevin
13th November 2003, 07:16 PM
WOAH!!!!! THAT PWNS!!!! I LOVE the Blaziken! Everything else is good too! You have earned a fan! BTW: Can I use the Blaziken as long as I give you credit? I want to put it in my Blaziken Shrine on my upcoming website, etc. Also, do you draw on the computer? If so, then, can you make another Blaziken, only smaller(Banner size), and soft shaded. All this is if possible though.

Mystic*Umbreon
15th November 2003, 08:01 PM
wow, thanx BlazikenKevin, im glad u like them. Sure u can use my work, as long as credit is given!

i sometimes draw on the computer, but not often, i dont really take requests atm, but il remember urs just incase i find the time to do it, no promises ok!

In the meantime here is another Blaziken i did, not as good, he kinda looks stubby or something but her tis anywayz...

Mystic*Umbreon
15th November 2003, 08:03 PM
and this Charizard one coz i really liked this one.....

soggy_cardboard
17th November 2003, 06:53 PM
haha, those are cool:yes:

i like the dragon battle with the beam attacks, and the cute lil azumarril!:D

arh......that 2nd blaziken is hypotising.......

Mystic*Umbreon
17th November 2003, 07:30 PM
thanx, i liked the dragon battle alot too!

here is another pic featuring Articuno and Suicune.....

Lynx Wolverina
18th November 2003, 08:09 AM
I adore the suicune, Charizard and all the others too, but mostly Suicune and flying Charizard.

very nice work

Mystic*Umbreon
18th November 2003, 04:58 PM
thanx Lynx, i was actually really pleased with the charizard as i usually find it hard to get its proportions looking right, and suicune was another i usually couldnt get looking right. i dunno, somedays i find i can draw any pokemon no matter what, and others i cant even draw a damn pikachu, hehe!:confused:

for now, enjoy my fiery moltres!

Mystic*Umbreon
21st November 2003, 06:40 AM
here is another one, handrawn with computer bg, houndoom...

Agent Elrond
22nd November 2003, 03:34 PM
Oh that is sooo cool! I really like it's pose, also all the detail like the fur and the metalic look of it's ring thingies. I think the background looks nice, sorta suits well I think.

Fizzzzz, my brain isn't operating at it's best today. :P

Mystic*Umbreon
23rd November 2003, 05:37 PM
thanx Elrond! hehe my brain does that alot, im not sure if thats good or not tho!

that houndoom originally had a plain white bground, but i added it like 5mins before posting coz i thought it was a little plain. i tried alot and thought that one suited best for some reason! so im glad u agree too!

heres a Flygon.....

Mystic*Umbreon
30th November 2003, 05:04 PM
hmm, no replies lately oh well, here is another pic, this ones Ampharos with a computer bg, hope uz like!