PDA

View Full Version : A debate about wording...

SageofDarkness
28th October 2003, 06:54 AM
Okay, in Magician's Force all Magic Cards are now called spell cards. Some cards in Magicians force affect spell cards such as this one:

http://store5.yimg.com/I/my1stop2shop_1764_37283716

It says that as long as this card is in effect the monster isn't afftected by "Spell Cards" etc. Does that mean the monster is STILL effected by MAGIC cards from previous sets (suchas Poke-Powers/PokeBodies in PTCG) or is this included as Spell Cards REPLACED magic cards?
I'm going back to bed ;o

Dark-San
28th October 2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by SageofDarkness
Does that mean the monster is STILL effected by MAGIC cards from previous sets (suchas Poke-Powers/PokeBodies in PTCG) or is this included as Spell Cards REPLACED magic cards?

Correct! Magic card are also known as Spell Cards...

SageofDarkness
28th October 2003, 08:28 AM
So to check.. If it says "... Is not affected by SPELL cards" then it means magic cards (such as heavy storm) aswell and Visa versa?!

The Muffin Man
28th October 2003, 02:51 PM
Yes. Give it time, it'll eventually be explained that Magic and Spell are interchangable, much like Haste and "Not affected by Summoning Sickness" in Magic.

Just treat Spell/Magic cards as if they were Magic/Spell cards.

Dark-San
28th October 2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by SageofDarkness
So to check.. If it says "... Is not affected by SPELL cards" then it means magic cards (such as heavy storm) aswell and Visa versa?!

Get it rite dood! It says spell, traps and effect that TARGETS a monster. So no heavy storm will still work because its a field effect...

The Muffin Man
28th October 2003, 09:27 PM
*cough*Umm, Darkyouth? Your fool is showing :p

Cards like Legendary Fisherman state that they are unaffected by Magic Cards(or in this case, spells) so of course Dark Hole doesn't hit them.

This DOES NOT mean that they are "not targeted and still effected". Targeted by and affected by are two TOTALLY different things, like Cannot be targeted by, and cannot become a target. Cannot become a target(I.e Legendary Fisherman) means he will not be a legal target as long as Umi is on the field. But "Cannot be targeted" means that if you can attack, but only untargatable monsters are on the field, you can't attack(I.e Matchless General Marauding Capt. I believe had the effect that if he is on the field, you MUST attack Maraud., thus meaning if 2 Captns existed, you couldn't attack since both demanded you attack them.)

Dark-San
29th October 2003, 07:30 PM
*Scratches head* :D Hey come on I'm playing the Japanese Set!

DarkTemplarZ
29th October 2003, 09:21 PM
Actually, that's wrong TMM. According to a ruling, if Legendary Fisherman is your only monster on the field, ur opponent can attack you directly because the only legal target for an attack is the player. Troop Commander/Marauding Captain and Command Knight are different. Since they redirect attacks (Troop Commander draws attacks toward it, Command Knight keeps the attacks away) if u have 2 of either on the field, then ur opponent can't attack because the attack would have to attack two targets at once.

Anyway, I've given up making sense of UD's stupid rulings.