PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Hecklo!

Crazy
28th October 2003, 05:29 PM
I have now officially decided that Gold is my favorate version,so you will be seeing me here more,so what is a good moveset for Typhlosion?

titandude21
28th October 2003, 06:43 PM
Typhlosion: Sunny Day/Roar, Fire Blast, EQ, HP Grass/Thunderpunch @ leftovers

StellarWind
28th October 2003, 07:25 PM
I'm personally more fond of Flamethrower, Dig, Thunderpunch and Iron Tail.

More Verastile, More accurate, And doesn't require any time wasting weather moves.

And spares you the use of the EQ TM, which you could use on something that could benefit from it more.

I rest my case.

titandude21
28th October 2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by StellarWind
And spares you the use of the EQ TM, which you could use on something that could benefit from it more.

That's where duplicating TMs comes in. There's nothing wrong with it. It works 99.9 repeating % of the time and isn't really poke-morally wrong (unless you dup master balls to catch legendaries)

Shinji Ikari
28th October 2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by StellarWind
I'm personally more fond of Flamethrower, Dig, Thunderpunch and Iron Tail.

More Verastile, More accurate, And doesn't require any time wasting weather moves.

I rest my case.

Well.. Iron Tail isn't very accurate, And dig? why risk having someone E-quake you while you're underground? Double damage + weakness = OUCH!

I have three Typhlosions when I battle (Switch them around)
All have Leftovers...

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Sunny Day
Thunderpunch

or...

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Roar
Thunderpunch

also...

Flamethrower
Earthquake
Endure
Reversal

I breed for good Pokémon moves...

StellarWind
28th October 2003, 08:58 PM
Iron tail is not quite accurate but it adds some versatility. What I'd REALLY like to know is how can that line - which is entirely TAIL-LESS, can use Iron Tail. o_O

Yeah, well, I played Crystal, and in Crystal, Duplicating items is NOT an option. So I didn't think of that.

In which case, if you can clone EQ, then it WOULD be preferable to Dig. ;P

SilverPersian
28th October 2003, 10:54 PM
Typhlosion@miracleberry/scope lens
fire blast
dynamic punch
thunderpunch/HP[Grass]
protect/earthquake

Not the most reliable set, but typhlosion isnt going to be around very long so you might as well try and wreak some havoc with it s a cleaner can sweep. dynamicpnch 2HKO's blissey, which is helpful so typhlosion cant be toxic stalled.

Andrew
29th October 2003, 04:56 AM
Best Set for Typhy - Flamethrower - Sunny Day - Earthquake - Thunderpunch.

:) Have a nice day!

Caz129
29th October 2003, 04:47 PM
Titandude, if something works 99.9 repeating % of the time, that means it is 100%... I am not arguing the effectivness of the technique, because it has worked for me many times, but I was wondering why you didn't just type 100%. I don't know how old you are or what math you're in, but it is taught in Algebra 2 that .9999999999999etc.%=1.

Typhlosion@Leftovers

Flame Thrower
EQ
Thunder Punch
Return/Hyperbeam (don't bite my head off, I like it on him)/Sunny Day

titandude21
29th October 2003, 06:33 PM
yeah, i meant 99.9 repeating with a non-repeating 9 %, or the largest number possible that's smaller than 100. The .0 repeating with a 1 at the end % is for the unexpected events (like Rhydon avoiding Blastoise's surf multiple times and then zap cannoning it to death)

Riven
30th October 2003, 12:57 AM
I'm a Typhlosion breeder and I currently have bred too many to count but I have three ones that I use more then my others
and these are the Movesets I use.

Typhlosion: Umi
Level: 58
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
Flame Wheel
Dynamic Punch (Use only if your sucidial)
Earthquake
Cut

Typhlosion: Eon
Level: 76
Item: Charcoal
Moveset:
Flame Wheel
Flamethrower
Iron Tail
Sunny Day

Typhlosion: Star Fire
Item: Charcoal
Moveset:
Fireblast
Earthquake
Iron Tail
Fire Punch

Caz129
30th October 2003, 03:28 PM
Ok Titandude, I understand now... You know I was once hit by fissure 3 times in a row? Sucks, doesn't it? I hate that extra .0000000...1%, don't you?

Linux
31st October 2003, 03:20 AM
what on earth are you smoking riven :confused:

fthrower, eq, tpunch, rest/roar @ mint/lefties

cant get any better than that. versitile. i dont like sunny day since that contradicts lots :no:

titandude21
31st October 2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Caz129
Ok Titandude, I understand now... You know I was once hit by fissure 3 times in a row? Sucks, doesn't it? I hate that extra .0000000...1%, don't you?

It does suck. If you look at pokemon attacks and their accuracy from a mathematical standpoint, almost all the attacks hit "a majority of the time". However, people like me look at the pessimistic side; instead of thinking about that 99.4% acc on t-bolt, we look at the .6% chance of missing. We also are caught up in the 29.4% (varies) chance of a OHKO attack hitting, instead of looking at probability and realizing it misses about 70.6% of the time.

#LOA#
1st November 2003, 05:24 AM
Typhlosion@Bersek Gene

Flamethrower
Endure
Reversal
Rest

Poryhedron
1st November 2003, 07:21 PM
You're giving Berserk Gene to an Endure/Reversal pokémon!? I hope you're planning on psuedopassing it a Safeguard...does that work with Berserk Gene-induced confusion? Otherwise, the attack boost is nice, but the whole point of Endure/Reversal is to get whacked down to the red zone and then strike back...if I'm almost dead I don't want any chance of hitting myself that hard.