PDA

View Full Version : Fossills

Dragonmaster
30th December 2002, 06:34 AM
What are you supposed to do with the fossils to create the pokemon?

Azura Stardust
30th December 2002, 06:53 AM
Go to Kaina City (just north of Touka Forest) and then go to the BIG TALL BROWN BUILDING with nice arched doors. Go inside, go up one level, talk to the scientist at the bottom right corner of the floor. You better have your fossil. Then go out of teh buliding, then come back in, talk to the same guy and remember to have an empty slot in your team, then he will give you the unfossilised pokemon.

Lil' Mizugorou
30th December 2002, 09:47 AM
NOW I'M REALLY MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ON pokemasters.net, they said that the left one waes that scorpion thing, but it is the plant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and now i have that idiot PLANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raichu748
30th December 2002, 10:20 AM
Yea, the same thing happened to me. But then I realized that it wasn't so bad, because Yuriedoru (sp? @_@) is a GREAT pokemon. Evil. Evil. Evil.

Plus, the same moveset that you'd end up with in Aarmurudo (sp? *_*) you can probably get on other pokemon. (Though I'll admit, in the E4 his Fury Cutter almost 1HKO'd me on it's first turn, and it wasn't even Super Effective. >_<

Yuriedoru
HP Att Def Speed SpAtt SpDef
86 81 97 43 81 107

Aarmurudo
HP Att Def Speed SpAtt SpDef
75 125 100 45 70 80

The Muffin Man
30th December 2002, 02:03 PM
Lil' Miz - I don't think it's incorrect. They may have meant something like from your characters POV from north of the fossil. From that POV, the view is flipped then from his POV from south.

Sunkern336
9th January 2003, 02:23 AM
Do You Think That The Fossil You Get In The Desert Is Completely Random? I Choose The Left Fossil, But Now I'm Stuck With That Plant Pokemon, Which Was Not What I'd Really Wanted.:wave:

jao
9th January 2003, 04:07 AM
same thing from me, except, that I wanted the plant and not the bug thing!! it really seems to be a mistake because even if the character comes from north, the player's view, doens't change...
would it be possible the choice is random???? erk!!!

Rudoku
9th January 2003, 04:24 AM
It's not random, the info was just wrong.

Chris 2.1
9th January 2003, 06:43 AM
so the 1 on the left is the plant? Great, i sorta like him :P

jao
9th January 2003, 06:45 AM
yes, because for the time being, the buggy one is very unsable to me!!lol

squirtlemaster
9th January 2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
so the 1 on the left is the plant? Great, i sorta like him :P

I agree with you. The plant looks soooo cool, i couldn't think about the bug one cause i find it is too strange and the evolution is too ferocious to me (I like strange and cute pokemon)

Sunkern336
9th January 2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by jao
yes, because for the time being, the buggy one is very unsable to me!!lol
Actually, I Think That The Scorpion Thing Is Better Than The Plant In Terms Of Attack And Defence. My Current Sapphire Team Is In Real Need Of A Pokemon With High Attack Stats. This Pokemon *May* Just Fit The Bill.:)

Scythemantis
10th January 2003, 12:53 AM
He may be bug type but he's not really a bug or a scorpion, its first stage is based on a two foot marine predator from before land life existed at all, which was called Anomalocaris. The fully evolved one is made up though. Anomalocaris fused with a dinosaur, it seems.

Sunkern336
10th January 2003, 02:27 AM
OK. I Get The Idea.8)

Sunkern336
11th January 2003, 10:05 AM
I Wonder How The Fossils Are Placed (Left Or Right), Depends On The Version Of The Pokemon Game (Ruby/ Sapphire).

Rei_Zero
11th January 2003, 11:35 AM
The buggy's first stage is also partly based on the trilobite. I think it is pretty cool with those glowy eyes.

Krystalline Kabutops
11th January 2003, 03:14 PM
Hey!

Great Idea on the game difference! hmm. That might be good for me. I like 'em equally!:wave:

Sunkern336
11th January 2003, 06:18 PM
Guess What? In My Ruby Game I Got That Plant Thing Again. I May Keep Him Though, But Now I'm Thinking Whether How You Play The Game Affects How The Fossils Are Placed. It's Just Speculation Though...

soggy_cardboard
11th January 2003, 07:02 PM
it may b based on the sex of the character u chose

phantasmal
12th January 2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Sunkern336
Guess What? In My Ruby Game I Got That Plant Thing Again. I May Keep Him Though, But Now I'm Thinking Whether How You Play The Game Affects How The Fossils Are Placed. It's Just Speculation Though...

:( You don't need to capatilize every word in a sentence. It's improper English... it's just speculation, though.

The Rusted One
12th January 2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by phantasmal
:( You don't need to capatilize every word in a sentence. It's improper English... it's just speculation, though.

You don't need to act like such a jerk to everyone. And that's not speculation.
It seems you're only a member of this forum to hunt out those who have different opinions to you or use incorrect grammar, and tell them how wrong and stupid they are for daring to actually having an opinion different to their own.
And guess what? The fact is, I'm so used to you acting like this that I only came into this thread to see what abuse you hurled at the person before you - and it seems I was right to expect that you had been doing such things.

Now, to everyone else: does which fossil become reborn as which pokemon depend on chance? I mean, does the fossil on the right make Pokemon A one time, and then Pokemon B the next? Is it a random thing, or is it that most people can't read the Japanese text and keep getting the wrong one?

Azura Stardust
12th January 2003, 12:45 AM
TRO, that was uncalled for. If you think he's picking on people, you shouldn't pick on him too. Please try to tolerate him.

And Phantasmal, that entire post was wholly offtopic. If that person likes to capitalize letters, it's none of your business. He wasn't, and isn't breaking any rules. Its not that hard to see the words, either. if you want to inform him that it's not nice, PM him...

Both of you need to, basically, shut up.

The Rusted One
12th January 2003, 01:27 AM
Yeah, I know that was a bit over the top but I wouldn't say it was uncalled for...I'll try to exercise tolerance next time, but when it comes to people frequently abusing others it gets hard to stop myself from speaking what's on my mind. I'll try to keep my mouth shut/fingers off the keyboard next time...