PDA

View Full Version : Next on in Japan: Treecko! protect the big tree! (SPOILERS, discussion thread)

Chris 2.1
30th December 2002, 07:30 AM
Ok, after browsing on TVtokyo, i found some interesting information regarding the next episode in Japan where Ash makes his 2nd Houen capture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I managed to find the info after following http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/ and got this:

旅のとちゅう、森の中で以前から気になっていた「もり トカゲポケモン」のキモリに出会ったサトシは、ゲット しようと大いにはりきるが、気持ちが先ばしって斜面を 転がり落ちてしまう。サトシの転がりついた先には神秘的な巨大樹が。そして、その存在 感に引きよせられるように近づいたサトシに、一匹のキ モリがおそいかかってきた。

サトシはピカチュウで応戦するものの、キモリのすば やさに押され気味。しかし、数匹のキモリたちがわりこ んできたため、わけのわからぬまま戦いは休戦してしま う。どうやらこのキモリたちは、巨大樹のもとで一匹で 住みつづけるキモリを連れに来たらしい。意地でもここ をはなれることを拒否するキモリに、ほかのキモリたち はこまりはててしまうが、サトシはひたむきに巨大樹の めんどうを見るキモリを応援しはじめる。そんな時、キ モリの大量ゲットをた_らんだロケット団が_らわれ… 。

and after translating it on the net, i managed to get this...

When traveling the ち ゅ う, in the forest from the time before it had become matter of concern, " the サトシ which encounters heart Lee of the り トカゲポケモン ", it will get, you are enthusiastic greatly, but feeling ahead it does and the っ て slope rolls and falls. The rolling of the サトシ it was attached, first the mysterious enormous tree. And, it pulled to the existence impression and the せ and others れ る way heart Lee one attacked to the サトシ which got near. The サトシ although it responds with the ピカチュウ, heart Lee is fast, it is pushed the tend. But, because heart Lee several interrupt, without reason being understood fight suspends hostilities. Somehow these heart Lee when heart Lee who in the origin of the enormous tree continues to live with one it comes to accompanying, forcing. Here other heart Lee are troubled with heart Lee who denies the fact that it leaves, even with nature and end, but the サトシ starts supporting heart Lee who looks at the trouble of the enormous tree conscientiously. Such a time, the rocket group which schemed the large quantity get of heart Lee's appears....

Unfortunately, both have left me slightly confused.

However, after watching the trailer several times on the above link, it looks like:

The Treecko with the twig in his mouth has some sort of fight with another Treecko, possibly the 'leader'
Ash uses Pikachu to try and catch Treecko
Before being caught, Treecko 'appears' to leave his tribe...(Speculation)
His 'tribe' seem to be protecting something of importance
Team Rocket try to steal the Treecko (once again rough speculation and knowlage of TR)

Ok then, feel free to discuss. it would also be appreciated if someone can make more sense of that translation.

RedStarWarrior
30th December 2002, 08:04 AM
Maybe Zak can confirm or deny some of your speculations. He does have access to that web site.... Anyway, I hope Ash catches the Treecko because I like that Pok駑on for some reason. Of course, Ash would end up letting it go, eventually.

Rei_Zero
30th December 2002, 01:09 PM
From what I see the Treekos live on the dead tree unwilling to leave it. One of the Treeko gets into a fight with one of the other Treeko and afterwards leaves. Ash and co see it and Ash tries to catch it (Haruka doesn't like Treeko) but the Treeko escapes. Team Rocket learns of the Treeko and wants to get them. The Treeko Ash is pursuing finds his group in trouble and tries to help his friends. The group help the Treeko defeat Team Rocket. Treeko makes up with his friends. Then Ash challenges Treeko to a battle and captures him. It could also go that Ash catchs Treeko before they learn of the other Treekos' crisis. Then Ash has Treeko help his friends and they make up. Then Treeko leaves. Those are the possibilities that I see.

SygmaXE
30th December 2002, 01:44 PM
1- A Group of Treecko worship a Big Tree

2- Treecko gets into a fight with the group and is exiled.

3- Ash tries and captures the Treecko but fails

4- TR causes trouble and put the Big Tree in danger

5- The Treecko can't stop TR, and Ash tries to help

6- Treecko comes back and helps save the day

7- The Group decides to let Treecko come back, but Treecko rather go with Ash.

Ultimate Charizard
30th December 2002, 08:45 PM
So once again Ash is back to 'luring' the starters to join him.

Ratiosu
30th December 2002, 10:06 PM
No, just Treecko this time.

Is it me or this episode looks a lot like the first episode with Squirtle?

Chris 2.1
31st December 2002, 05:41 AM
i guess Ash should start his own charity:
if your tribe has neglected you and you happen to be a very rare Pokemon, Ash Ketchum is willing tp catch you, despite the very obvious fact this will look terribly corny EVERY TIME

Last Exile
31st December 2002, 05:46 AM
Plot repeat sucks but as long as Ash gets Treecko it doesn't matter too much. He needs new Pokes and some of the originals quick.

AKA Pokemon Fan
31st December 2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Modern Casualty
Maybe Zak can confirm or deny some of your speculations. He does have access to that web site.... Anyway, I hope Ash catches the Treecko because I like that Pok駑on for some reason. Of course, Ash would end up letting it go, eventually.
What makes you think this is such a certainty? The only Starters Ash has released in any way are Squirtle and Charizard (who tries to return whenever Ash needs him for big battles). All the other are in storage at Oaks. Not using them for a while is hardly equal to releasing them.

So once again Ash is back to 'luring' the starters to join him.
First of all it is my understanding that all of this has just been speculation, so why is everyone judging the plot already? Secondly what is so wrong with a Pokemon choosing to go with a trainer? And Ash has not "lured" all the starters. He beat Bulbasaur in a fair fight and fought Chicorita.

SygmaXE
31st December 2002, 06:14 PM
To divert confusion, my last post was just a guesstimation on what happens. It's not 100% accurate.

Rocketboy
1st January 2003, 09:46 AM
I tbhought Ash already had a Kimori (SP?) I think he even uses it in the preview

DaRulah
3rd January 2003, 05:07 PM
i was watching the preview of this episode at the official *** website and im pretty sure that Ash battles treeko to capture him. there is one scene in the preview where he is dodging lightning attacks which r probably from pikachu and get hits by one.

Mew2Too
5th January 2003, 12:56 AM
:sweat: Can anyone say, "Here Comes the Squirtle Squad!" and "The Little Big Horn!" all in the same episodic package?

Rei_Zero
5th January 2003, 01:18 AM
I don't know if this eppie is going to repete the same plot device. However...*thinks*

This sounds a bit like the eppie where he catches Subame. It doesn't sound like The Little Big Horn though because in that eppie Brock saved a baby Stantler and tried to get it home. Also, we had the enjoyment to watch half the cast hallucinating.

Here Comes the Squirtle Squad was completely different. The Squirtle were EVIL and they teamed up with Team Rocket to try and get Pikachu. Then in the end Ash earns respect of the Squirtle of the Squirtle earn some respect for themselves and the Squirtle decides that he wants to join Ash.

This does sound like the eppie where Tracy caught Scyther, however. Both have a pokemon who left the group for some reason. Then both were seen and nearly/captured by the gang and then both returned to help his group from Team Rocket and then in the end both belong the a person in the group.

I think this is only the second time we see a plot device like this. However, it is possible the producers forgot about the eppie (since it took so long for me to remember) so it is possible this was an accidental plot repeat.

Chris 2.1
5th January 2003, 06:29 AM
i can't help but think there are few captures now that are unique. I mean, ash could see a Treecko in the grass, throw a ball and catch it, but that wouldn't last half an hour. They really need a major event for Treecko to feel rejected from his group, and move into ash's.