PDA

View Full Version : New Intro.... CONFIRMED this time.

Zak
29th October 2003, 09:23 PM
Yup, in Japan, on November 20th, AG has a new intro! There's a whole discussion about it at Palette, I think it has the name of the song, artist(s), and singer(s). Haven't been bothered to look over those details, but if I'm not mistaken, this new intro should start on AG 52, or 328, "Plusle and Minun! The Cheering Path!". :) I guess this may not be 52 exactly, but this pretty much fits, since AG 51 is the Fallarbor Pokemon Contest with Medicham, which would make a fine season closure.

~Zak

Animelee
30th October 2003, 03:11 AM
Yay! It makes sense, too, since AG started last November 21, and that openings 01 - 05 were also changed every April, with an exception to opening 06, which was changed when AG started in November. :)

Zhen Lin
30th October 2003, 04:06 AM
52 episodes is approximately one season, no? And new seasons are marked by new intro videos, aren't they?

Makes sense to me.

Ashi-chan
30th October 2003, 08:34 AM
Would someone mind checking the title/artist details? I'm interesting in seeing who's singing the new opening theme.

Gravy
30th October 2003, 09:01 AM
Oh, thats great news. I've been wanting to see a new opening for a while now. Don't get me wrong, I loved Advance Adventure, but now I get to see the opening animation on a regular basis due to the dubs theme.
I can't wait to see the animation that will go along with the music.
does this mean the ending theme will also change?

Rocketboy
30th October 2003, 02:30 PM
Just when we thought the fillers were a couple of episodes a week..........BUM BUM BUUUUUUUUUM!!! ATTACK OF THE FILLERS!!! Watch Ash only compete in a couple of gyms then a whole new season will come around!

Kojiro
30th October 2003, 03:41 PM
I love new Openings,they are the reason i am so excited about new seasons,I hope it gets more of a rock and roll taste,and I cannot wait to see if it hints at some stuff happening,and the ending better be as good,or better then Polka Dolka!

Chris 2.1
31st October 2003, 08:30 AM
Skitty will definitely be in, popping out her ball ^^. Also, if we use JLC as an example, Chikorita wasnt in that at all because she evolved through that series, so if, for example, Lotad doesn't appear, we can guess it might evlve? Meh, its a nice theory ^^

Zak
31st October 2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Brit Chris
Skitty will definitely be in, popping out her ball ^^. Also, if we use JLC as an example, Chikorita wasnt in that at all because she evolved through that series, so if, for example, Lotad doesn't appear, we can guess it might evlve? Meh, its a nice theory ^^

...or we would SEE Lombre.

IIRC Bayleef was in the 4th into, Politoed and Larvitar were in the 5th... etc. So, hopefully we'll get to see Marshtomp, Grovyle, or Combusken! Maybe even Delcatty or Lombre, or possibly Crawdaunt or Swellow.... doubtful, since Crawdaunt is a TA Pokemon.

~Zak

Chris 2.1
31st October 2003, 02:26 PM
Bayleef wasn't in the 4th intro, was she? I know she was in the 5th..... 0_0;; well, you're the mod :P

But yea, I tried implying Lombre would be seen. The lesson? Never post a reply when you drink too much coffee S_S;;

But on another note yea, Politoad was in MQ opening...good point, Mr Moderator!

I think we'll see Swellow in the opening, personally; I can't see Treecko evolving if the other two won't. Torchic won't evolve IMHO, Mudkip MIGHT, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Btw, what does IIRC stand for? >_>''

homeofmew
3rd November 2003, 06:21 AM
I also love new openings, but i don't know
much about Ag yet, but whats the point does Ash
Have atleast 1/2 the badges?
Is it me or did The 1st theme last forever :(!

Zak
3rd November 2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Brit Chris
Bayleef wasn't in the 4th intro, was she? I know she was in the 5th..... 0_0;; well, you're the mod :P

But yea, I tried implying Lombre would be seen. The lesson? Never post a reply when you drink too much coffee S_S;;

But on another note yea, Politoad was in MQ opening...good point, Mr Moderator!

I think we'll see Swellow in the opening, personally; I can't see Treecko evolving if the other two won't. Torchic won't evolve IMHO, Mudkip MIGHT, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Btw, what does IIRC stand for? >_>''

Lol, thanks.. IIRC = If I recall correctly. Nothing to do with Internet Relay Chat, as most people assume :P

And... Bayleef was in the 4th Japanese intro, when it showed Ash, Misty, and Brock, and all of Ash's Pokemon.... we saw Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Bayleef... and this one started on "Wobbuffet Disaster" (or The Wayward Wobbuffet in dub), which was about 7 episodes before "Goodbye Chikorita! Labyrinth of Electricity!" (Current Events). So, that's how people found out Chikorita evolves... heck, I remember some thickheaded people saying that was only a rumor and wanted "proof" lmao... yeah, wait 7 weeks... ah, good times.

~Zak

Nikku-San
7th November 2003, 12:33 PM
Zak, do you mean in Japan? Cuz in the eng version, the 4'th opening started on "Fossil Fools" and the 5'th on "Around The Whirpool".

Zak
7th November 2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Nikku-San
Zak, do you mean in Japan? Cuz in the eng version, the 4'th opening started on "Fossil Fools" and the 5'th on "Around The Whirpool".

Yes, I mean Japan. We're talking Japanese intros.... and the JLC intro is VERY different from the intro starting on Wayward Wobbuffet, picture wise.

~Zak

Craig
7th November 2003, 01:12 PM
A new opening? But I like the current one :) I don't want it to go away.. no I don't.. unless of course its better then the one now. In that case it is cool beans.

Im hoping that someone will have the ..internet version of it soon *cough*

Animelee
7th November 2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Craig
Im hoping that someone will have the ..internet version of it soon *cough*

Don't worry, "someone" will.

Zak
7th November 2003, 01:19 PM
UPDATE:

According to Palette, this upcoming intro is Mesaze Pokemon Master, again...
Well, I'm actually kinda happy about that, I like that song, and it'll probably be a slight remix like the 4th *** intro, which started on Wayward Wobby and ended on the second Pryce ep. That was a remix of the original one.... heh, I like that song.

But anyways, look on the bright side, it'll be the same music, but visually speaking, it'll be totally new :).

~Zak

Kojiro
7th November 2003, 03:32 PM
I knew it was gonna be that song, and I am not complaining I love that song!

Any news on the new outro?

Entropy
7th November 2003, 05:04 PM
Yawn, I was hoping they'd try something new, but alas, they revert to classics. I liked 'Advance Adventure.' You have to love that male voice.

Animelee
7th November 2003, 09:44 PM
Hmm, let's see:

Opening 001 - Mezase Pokemon Master - Disco

Opening 002 - Rival! - Soft rock

Opening 003 - OK! - Hard rock

Opening 004 - Mezase Pokemon Master 2001 - Disco remix

Opening 005 - Ready Go! - Techno/Dance

Opening 006 (AG 001) - Advance Adventure - Folk (I think)

I'm hoping that this Mezase Pokemon Master will have a techno/disco thing going on, like the first and fifth openings. Have you guys ever heard the "Mezase Pokemon Master Para Para Remix" before? I hope it's like that!

Zhen Lin
7th November 2003, 10:08 PM
Actually, I'd say Advance Adventure is closer to rock...

But the acoustic version definitely sounds like Folk...

Mezase Pokemon Master 2002 was my favourite one - but I doubt they're going to use that style - it doesn't quite fit in.

I also wonder whether they'll use a different cut. The two TV cuts are the same - and I think the 2001 and 2002 cuts were the same. I wish they'd left the dream verse ('Yume-wa itsuka honto-ni naru tte...') in, damn those time constraints...

I suppose the artist is Matsumoto Rika again?

Nikku-San
15th November 2003, 09:23 AM
Hmmm... Dunno whether that's a good thing or not. I like Mezase, but... It's kinda used. This will be the third TV version... bah. I was hoping for something new. ;.; Oh well, the remix better be good.