PDA

View Full Version : poll: feelings close to suicide.

abunaidesu
30th October 2003, 12:06 AM
yeah i admit it, i am suicidal, because my life ****ing sucks. but im not making this topic to get attention or anything. dont reply saying "yes you are" because you could just go **** yourself.

1 - have you ever attempted suicide?
2 - have you ever wanted to kill someone else? like SERIOUSLY, not "jokingly"
3 - do you know anyone who has ever commited suicide?

1) yes, but each time i think about all the friends i have, and what im about to lose, and that stops me each time.

2) yes =)

3) a few people, but it was around when i was 9 years old.

Azure Pathos-Sketchit
30th October 2003, 07:31 AM
1) I've thought about it deeply to the point where I play my own death scenes in my head, but no, I've never attempted it. I don't like inflicting intense pain on myself. The scenes are enough to satisfy me anyway.

2) YES. I hate that person down to his very last quirk, and I still wish I was crafty enough to get away with his murder. >=) Again, fantasies are enough anyway.

3) No.

Lady Vulpix
30th October 2003, 09:40 AM
No to all. I've had bad moments, but I'm convinced that life is worth living and problems are worth solving or, at least, overcoming. And while I do hate terrorists and all those people who dedicate their lives to making others miserable, I wouldn't kill them myself. I'd have them pay for what they do, but not by becoming like them in the process.

Ninetales3001
30th October 2003, 09:51 AM

Yes, but that was because I was a depressed idiot that had no other way to express his feelings of hatred towards his school life, and self image.

No, I never seriously thought about killing someone. Whoever seriously thinks about killing someone sure has some issues they need to get straightened out, fast.

I know of people who have committed suicide, but none of them were close so I really didn't care. heh

Razola
30th October 2003, 10:13 AM
1. Have you ever attempted suicide?

Well what a coincidence! I'm slitting my wrists as we speak...makes it very hard to type. And I think all the blood is screwing up my keyboard.

2. Have you ever wanted to kill someone else? like SERIOUSLY, not "jokingly."

Oh...where do I start? Religious zealots, animal rights activist, people who excessively whine about life...

3. Do you know anyone who has ever commited suicide?

No, but I have known three people who have.

Dark Dragonite
30th October 2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Kiyone

1) Yes, I think the vast majority of Gen Xers have, I wonder what this says about our country, or generation as a whole...

2)Yes, and it will be wise for him to never show his face in NY, or if I'm in PA, because I will not hesitate to run that ****er down with my car, the ******* ended up making me have to be on anti-depression, and anti-anxiety pills for half a year!! :mad:

3)Yes, infact, 2 of my friends killed them selves in a period of 2 months, in August, and September, and my uncle and I have been thinking about it recently.

Razola
30th October 2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Dark Dragonite
1) Yes, I think the vast majority of Gen Xers have, I wonder what this says about our country, or generation as a whole...

The majority of Generation X is working and functioning in society. The problem is kids today haven't experienced life firsthand and thus sit in their comfy middle-class homes and whine about how bad life is.

We obviously need another World War.

Lady Vulpix
30th October 2003, 01:00 PM
Oh, no we don't. The ones we've had were already bad enough.

But many people do need to do something about their lives instead of just complaining and watching them pass by.

Jay
30th October 2003, 01:00 PM
Poor Kiyone ;_;

1) Yeah, four times. The last time I attempted it was quite recent; but I think about a few good people I have here and that prevents it since I don't have anybody IRL like them here.

2) Yes. Many people IRL since they deserve to go to hell for worsening my life. >_>

3) Thankfully no.

Razola
30th October 2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Lady Vulpix
Oh, no we don't. The ones we've had were already bad enough.

Fair enough, I think another Cold War will do just as nice.

But many people do need to do something about their lives instead of just complaining and watching them pass by.

A good idea, but apparently being depressed and suicidal is the "in" thing these days.

Jay
30th October 2003, 01:08 PM
This isn't misc, dudes.

And well...Some people are afraid to get help, or just can't be bothered or whatever. I have my views on people who would try and help, but seriously a bunch of talk isn't going to fix it. Tried and failed.

Dark Dragonite
30th October 2003, 03:47 PM
Ok, some of you out there think, why the hell do they keep whining, and being depressed, why don't they find something to do, well, I have my view on where people who are depressed stand:

We would love to not be depressed, and go out, and be like others, who have some sort of happiness, but it isn't that simple, Depression isn't a switch you turn on and off, it is an illness/disease that has long lasting effects, and is very hard to overcome. Once it is overcome, people who have had serious depression are far more likely to sink right back into it again, and medication won't be as helpful this time around.

I've been on Wellbutrin, Paxil, and other anti-depression medication that took my personality away, and did virtually nothing to make me not want to die. I am constantly slipping in and out of depression, with the help of friends, and loved ones.

Please try to understand the nature of this disease before you try to prescribe a "cure" all you "certified doctors" out there.

Lady Vulpix
30th October 2003, 03:54 PM
Steve, I'm not a doctor, so I hope I'm not one of the people you referred to, but if my comments have offended you, I'm sorry. That wasn't my intention.

All I wanted to say is that there are many things to lve for, and suicide doesn't solve anything. Nor does war, for that matter.

Razola
30th October 2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Dark Dragonite
Ok, some of you out there think, why the hell do they keep whining, and being depressed, why don't they find something to do, well, I have my view on where people who are depressed stand:

We would love to not be depressed, and go out, and be like others, who have some sort of happiness, but it isn't that simple, Depression isn't a switch you turn on and off, it is an illness/disease that has long lasting effects, and is very hard to overcome. Once it is overcome, people who have had serious depression are far more likely to sink right back into it again, and medication won't be as helpful this time around.

I've been on Wellbutrin, Paxil, and other anti-depression medication that took my personality away, and did virtually nothing to make me not want to die. I am constantly slipping in and out of depression, with the help of friends, and loved ones.

Please try to understand the nature of this disease before you try to prescribe a "cure" all you "certified doctors" out there.

You'd be surprised at how many people are really just whiney twits.

Either way, if there's nothing we can do about, then this thread is a waste of everyone's life. Stop posting about depression. Once we've seen one suicide/depression thread, we've seen them all.

Plague
30th October 2003, 08:12 PM
Here's the way I see it. If your life sucks, then you just are being pessimistic. No ones life is perfect, nor is anyones life completely imperfect. There is always something or someone to live for because of that fact. In addition, if your life does happen to be imperfect, then it can't get any worse. And because change is inevitable, it has to change for the better, because if your life is completely imperfect, it can't change for the worse. Hopefully you understood what I was saying. And if you think I'm wrong, feel free to tell me. :yes:

Oh, and on the topic of depression. Although it is an illness/disease, you can't say that it is not your responsiblity to fix your problem. As was quoted in the previous post, there are medications that you can take, and you can constantly try to get out of your depressive mood. And even though I will admit that this may not work, you have to at least try not to be depressed, or else you will never succeed. Well, thats enough optimism for today. Good night! :D

Silver Ledian
30th October 2003, 09:35 PM

1 - No. And I don't think, and I don't hope I ever will! I want to live a long, happy life.

2 - In places like school, where in the past people have made fun of me or played me for the fool or generally got on my I've always said stuff like 'it would be better if he wasn't here' or 'i wish he would just die' but I don't really mean for it...I wouldn't want them to die...just to realise that they're hurting others.

3 - Names come and go so you get familiar with the people who've taken to the rope but I've never personally known anyone who has.

titandude21
30th October 2003, 10:56 PM
1. never. despite how much everything that has to do with school sucks, there's still too much to live for to end my life now. sports/pokemon/chatting/posting keeps me busy. as for my social life, i got none.

2. I want to, i can picture the situation, but despite how sneaky I am, there's very little, if any chance of me getting away with it. The police will catch me eventually (unless I develop gills and live underwater), and once that happens, my life is screwed. It's not worth the risk.

3. No

ILikePokemonP
31st October 2003, 04:10 AM

Why I would even consider that for one second I have no clue.

No...

No I don't and haven't.

Linux
31st October 2003, 08:13 AM
1. no i have not

2. thoughts have crossed my mind a few times over a particular person, but nothing more than a serious death plan

3. yes i do, but i rather not get into it ;_;