PDA

View Full Version : Ebtv 2

Andrew
30th October 2003, 12:06 AM
Electric Buggy To Victory 2
By OzAndrew
Removalists, Escaping and ADD

Vivian was busy tying back her thick black hair, she often felt it was if were a large dirty mop. Putting a band over it, she had it in a simple ponytail, something to keep the hot summer winds off of her face and neck. In her thankfully more forgiving Summer Uniform, she was rather reluctant to place on her school blazer. It was large, green and rather ugly, not to mention rather hot.

Grabbing her school bag from her room, Vivian took a glance out into the backyard where Bulbor, her Bulbasaur recently lived. A fortnight ago, she’d heard a scuffle from the backyard whilst she was in bed, but disregarded it. She woke up the next morning to find the backyard perfectly fine, fence in tact, but no Bulbor. She’d taken the day off to try and find her grass Pokemon, roaming the streets, but no-one had heard or seen anything.

Her father was rather comforting, offering to get her a new Pokemon if Bulbor didn’t turn up. At first she had disagreed, but now she was warming to the idea. Her mother was rather dismissive, not really caring about the little dinosaur and took the habit of ignoring any discussion of the Pokemon by simply walking off. On occasions she simply looked like she was about to explode, but restrained herself.

Grabbing a piece of toast as she left the house, Vivian sighed to herself, it was only 7:30 and she was already sweating, in fact she’d not stopped from last night, even with the overhead fans on. Crossing her fingers, she hoped that the thermometer would rise about 40 degrees, which would be her ticket out of school because they legally couldn’t teach anymore above that temperature.

Suddenly, Vivian felt an explosion of water on her neck, and all on her back, soaking her blazer with the cold liquid. Turning around she tried to see who did it as Craig came running past her, laughing hysterically with a water balloon in hand “HA! GOT YOU” he screamed as he continued up the street.

Vivian was about to take after him, but really, the cool water was quite a relief. The rest of the day was a blur but walking back home, her neighbor, Craig once again sped past her down the road, speeding in a… “WHEELIE BIN!” she yelled out, as best she could before another blast of hot dusty wind went down her throat.

Getting home Vivian dumped her stuff onto her floor and went for a shower, getting out of the cool water, Vivian heard her parents through the walls.

“Victor, you idiot, how are we going to tell her, that YOU wanted this?”

“Mary, its been a long time coming, she’ll understand, she’s a big girl”

“Fine, you can tell her, but I want no part of this madness.” And with that she heard her mother clip clop her way up to her room and slam the door.

Vivian gingerly edged out of the bathroom, her parents were fighting. Again. Last time her mum had gone away for almost two months, they were always yelling. But the thing that hurt most, is the way that her mum didn’t give a care about her when she came back.

Vivian crept back to her room and was about to close her door, when she heard her father call her out. Heading out to the loungeroom, she hoped that her mum wasn’t leaving again. She couldn’t handle that again. Her father scratched his gray mustache, he’d gone gray in his late teens according to the photo albums she looked through.

“Now Vivian, this may upset you but I’ve got something for you” he said rather gruffly, reaching into his bag next to the chair.

Vivian’s heart jumped at the prospect of a new Pokemon. Bulbor was barely gone, and here she was excited about a new toy, she knew she should’ve felt bad, but really, she couldn’t. “What Pokemon is it daddy!” she asked excitedly.

“Pokemon, who said anything about a new Pokemon?” he said , rather confused.

“Uh.. go on” she stammered.

”Well I’m afraid we’re moving Vivian, the firm wants me to help set up a new base of operations in Semper, and that’s a few hours away… so… “ he trailed off.

Vivian’s heart dropped suddenly, “You mean we have to go?”

“Well, quite simply…. Yes… if we don’t I lose my job”

“Oh…”

And with that Vivian walked up to her room in her rather light clothing and shut the door.

6 Weeks Later

”We never should’ve come here Victor! The removalists say they can’t bring our things before the end of next week! Where are we supposed to sleep? What are we to wear?” and with that, Vivian’s mother prattled on and on and sat on the steps of their new house.

“Well Vivian, I’ve got your new Pokemon here, just like I said we’d do once we got here. Here you go” and with that he handed his only daughter her new Pokemon.

“Oh and Vivian, one of your old school friends is going to be living next door too! Bruce, well his son Craig is coming with him to help set up the new branch of the firm too. At least you won’t be alone” he said, giving his daughter a kiss on the cheek.

Vivian clenched the Pokemon, fury rising inside her body. That twat Craig was coming with her. Like school could get any worse. Or life for that matter. Vivian had never before had to start school as the “New Kid” before. How could she cope? What about her old friends like Harmony and Sarah? Was she supposed to just ignore them and continue on.

“Well aren’t you going to open that thing and see what stupid monster your father stupidly brought you” snarked her mother as she went around to see the hose and attachments.

Vivian turned her attention back to the Pokeball, it was a steely blue colour on top and the bottom was the typical white. With a press of her index finger, a white flash materialized in the air next to her. As the glow died down Vivian saw a chirping blue bird with fluffy blue wings next to her. “Swablu” it chirped.

Vivian held out her hand to touch it as the bird shrieked and tried to bite her finger, pulling her hand about Vivian tried to soothe the scared bird. “Hi, I’m Vivian, your new friend” she said as she edged her hand closer to the bird. She was about to touch its feathery down as it quickly made a swoop out of the porch and into the sky.

Vivian watched the bird flutter away as her mother chimed in, rather cuttingly, “Well gee, that was nice” and began to water the thirsty plants and yellowing grass. This snapped Vivian out of her trance, but Victor stepped into position, grabbed the Pokemon off of his daughter and lined up the Pokeball beam with the escaping bird.

“Return” he said simply as the beam hit the fluttering bird and brought it back into its capture ball, another escape thwarted.

Next door, a removalist truck pulled up next to the house as an SUV pulled into the driveway, and out popped a dirty blonde haired, crazy eyed boy with his greedy fingers snatching a Pokeball away from his father. He leapt out of the vehicle and ran over to Vivian, who looked rather… annoyed to say the least.

Craig didn’t take her glares as a hint and opened his mouth, “Hey Vivian! Isn’t this cool how we’re now closer neighbors than before?! Hey! Now we can wheelie bin race together, well till I find some guys to hang out with. Did your dad give you a Pokeball too? What’d you get? My dad said my Pokemon is a Lileep and the firm gave it to him. Cool hey” he said in amazingly only one breath.

“Yeah” and with that Vivian walked into her new, empty home and sat on the kitchen bench, watching the maddening and ADD child Craig release a large purple… thing with pinkish cylinders hanging off of its large gaping maw.

“Great work Victor. You retard” Vivian heard her mother say bitterly.

“Don’t worry, she’ll come round”

And with that Vivian went upstairs and closed a door behind her and laid out on the freshly cleaned carpet and choked on the fumes.

pokemasterfrank
30th October 2003, 12:22 AM
Heh. Nice :o Though we need an Electric Scooter in the story :O Run Craig over with an Electric Scooter :O lol Anyway...

Why make the Bulbasaur go away ;_;

And does she die? :O

Anyway >_> There's the review you wanted...

Powarun
30th October 2003, 10:41 AM
Well, it seemed intresting, and orginal. Just a word for VIvain, you may say you hate Craig but wait till school starts and he is the only face your reconize, that is when it is important. Being a new kid sucks, oh and teh escaping BUlbasor was genius.

Venasaur89
30th October 2003, 05:47 PM
Hey...it was a nice start. But, was Vivian in your other fic, EBTV? And, is the main character Andrew, I think, is gonna be in the fic.

Sorry for asking, just curious, since I never got to read your other fic.

Chris 2.1
30th October 2003, 07:20 PM
Umm...

Ok, firstly it's confusing >__< I don't understand what happened to Andrew, who Vivian was or whatever, and it seems...confusing!

But technically, it's not bad. However, I don't think you shine as well in 3rd tense; the word Vivian was used a lot and the whole thing seemed sorta repetetive. I'm sure you're strapped for time, so when you DO have the time I'm sure you'll go through everything so we don't suffer headaches.

Thanks, Andy!

Chris

Craig
1st November 2003, 10:20 PM
This fic r0x my s0x. Im allowed to spam in this thread for speshul reasons.

Edit: As if :P Bad Craig. Consider this a warning.
Edit: speshul reasons :( Andy is a big meany.
Edit: You better believe it Craig BWHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :)
Edit: :(

mr_pikachu
15th November 2003, 06:34 AM
Well, I can understand you taking the opportunity to introduce a new character. I just don't think it went very well with the rest of the plot to this point. But I know you'll explain it eventually.

Anyway, with all the hassles of school and the like, I don't have time anymore to do detailed reviews. But don't worry, they'll be back after the semester! And Oz, I'm not stopping for your benefit. Really, I'm not. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Don't you hate it when life gets in the way of the forum? ;) It's a real hassle, though. Honestly. :D

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your next chapter! And I guess the crossover will have to be LtL/EBTV/EBTV2, huh? See ya! :wave: