PDA

View Full Version : For Better or Worse?!

SageofDarkness
30th October 2003, 08:23 AM
This was my last attempt at this deck incase you missed it:
Check it out (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23217)

And here's the updated version, for better or worse:

It's just a fun deck with no restrictions on cards so don't complain about the abundances of Witches etc.

Monsters: (19 cards)

1x Dark Necrofear
1x Dark Ruller Ha Des
1x Helpoemer
2x Cannon Soldier
2x Big Eye
3x Witch of the Black Forest
3x Wall of Illusion
3x Sangan
3x Nuvia the Wicked

Magic: (16 cards)

1x Monster Reborn
1x Premature Burial
2x Graceful Charity
1x Pot of Greed
1x Change of Heart
1x Swords of Revealing Light
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Heart of Clear Water
2x Ring of Magnetism
1x Jam Breeding Machine
1x Spring of Rebirth

Trap: (6 Cards)
2x Magic Jammer
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Ultimate Offering
1x Light of Intervention
1x Coffin Seller

So the main strategy is to get Wall of Illusion out by the second turn and have it equiped with the "Heart of Clear Water" and "Ring of Magnetism" cards then send in Cannon Soldier and start firing Witches/Sangans (and with their destruction effects NOT resulting in battle damage). I also have jam Breeding Machine so if I run out of monsters to sacfice I have a nice little magic card I can play which will do it for me. My newest card (an optional extra) is Spring of Rebirth, I found that I would loose a fair amount of LP's trying to set this strategy up and no-way of recovering, but with Wall of Illusion and Spring of Rebirth in combination we are talking some serious pwnage. Necrofear is in over the reciently departed Shadow Ghoul (sob) as I just couldn't get enough monsters in the grave to make it tough enough. However Necrofear can come out later or early in the game and kick some serious b00tie. Nuvia is there to get Necrofear out quickly if need be plus Charities and Jammers. Speaking of which, why have SO many Typhoons and Jammers, well this strategy just begs to be hit with Heavy Storm etc so this will hopefull provide adiquate defence. An added strategy which I may scrap is that of Helpoemer and Coffin Seller, this does have a minor purpose in my deck but whether it is one worthwhile you decide. My thining is that CoffinSeller lets you take 300 LP's from your opponent when a MONSTER is discarded, I can easily pick a monster out from my opponents hand if it has just been returned by Wall of Illusion so I can nail it and send it to the graveyard whilst doing 300 LP's damage each time.

So watta you think... Feel free to bash!!!

Dark-San
30th October 2003, 08:06 PM
Basic staples wouldn't hurt your deck a bit right?

- 2 Tribute to the Doom
- 2 Dark Spirit of the Silent

+ 1 Premature Burial
+ 1 Call of the Haunted
+ 1 Imperial Order
+ 1 Change of Heart
+ 1 Snatch Steal

Hey when you hav no monster to shoot with, Premature Burial and Call of the Haunted will get those Sankans out for you... Still not enough monsters? Change of Heart and Snatch Steal will settle all these. I suggest you input Imperial Order to help you deal against Heavy Storm, 3 Mystics and Harpie's Feather Duster to think that your present deck doesn't hav much Magic Protection against these!

SageofDarkness
31st October 2003, 02:11 AM
But won't Imperial Order block my whole strategy by shutting down RoM and HoCW? http://boards1.wizards.com/images/smilies/dubious.gif
I agree with the other staples though.

Dark-San
31st October 2003, 04:38 AM
Then you will need one more Jammer to replace Imperial Order then!