PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Next Week So ya...

Dark-San
31st October 2003, 06:59 AM
Lately I've been playing too much of pokemon with a dood from my local Yu Gi Oh Store and its time to forget about the pokestuffs to concentrate on my deck...

15 Monsters
3 Blade Knight
2 Dimension Girl
1 Cyber Jar
1 Fiber Jar
1 Magic Breaker
1 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1 Tribe Infecting Virus
1 Witch of Black Forest
1 Jinzo
1 Chaos Soldier
1 Chaos Emperor Dragon
1 Yata

19 Magic
3 MST
1 Heavy Storm
1 Harpie's Magic Feather Duster
1 Pot of Greed
1 Graceful Charity
1 Mirage of Nightmare
1 Change of Heart
1 Snatch Steal
1 Swords of Revealing
1 Monster Reborn
1 Premature Burial
1 Painful Choice
1 Dark Hole
1 Raigeki
1 Confiscation
1 Forceful Sentry
1 Delinquent Duo

6 Traps
1 Sixth Sense
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Mirror Force
1 Imperial Order
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Ring of Destruction

Intially I intended just to stick with Sixth Sense and dropped Mirage. However after playing several game, I found out that Sixth Sense is quite unreliable 'cause you have to rely a lot on luck. But the feeling of drawing up to 6 cards at one time is just too good to imagine. So i decided to include both Mirage AND Sixth Sense into my deck.

In this way, my deck would hav up to 5 potential drawing cards engines (Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, Mirage of Nightmare, Painful Choice, Sixth Sense) with 4 of them excluding Sixth Sense confirm working ...

*Edit~ Hey ain't the TCG classes going to start? I've been waiting for the PMs -_-"

Roarkiller
1st November 2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Darkyouth
Hey ain't the TCG classes going to start? I've been waiting for the PMs -_-"

They will start when the 3 in charge r ready. Im still waiting for word.

Bah, for sake of A-levels, im cutting down my outings to prolly once a mth. Cant even go out and play.

DarkTemplarZ
1st November 2003, 07:48 AM
-1 Swords
+1 Suprise Attack Matasa
Nobody ever uses swords anymore (At least in the Japanese game). Why? Too much m/t removal. It'll never last it's full three turns. Matasa's just a twisted card. It can do lots of damage and it's control-resisting effect is very helpful. Plus it's a dark main-type, and you know what that means.

-1 Mirror Force
+1 Waboku/Emmisary of Harmony
Ditto with swords. Mirror Force will likely be destroyed before you can use it. With EoH, you're guarenteed no damage barring an extremely unlikely 7 tools or SJ.

Chrisodeo
1st November 2003, 12:19 PM
-1 Mirror Force
+1 Waboku/Emmisary of Harmony
Ditto with swords. Mirror Force will likely be destroyed before you can use it. With EoH, you're guarenteed no damage barring an extremely unlikely 7 tools or SJ.

Waboku must also be set before activation. Only difference between them is that Mirror Force has a destruction effect. Unless you have a very very very good reason, always use Mirror Force.

-1 Yata
-1 Swords of Revealing Light
+2 Waboku

The Muffin Man
1st November 2003, 07:38 PM
Yeah. Take out yata and swords and add in Waboku. If you really need it, maybe something else for a Magic Cylinder, but that's only if you feel you need it. Maybe Sidedeck it. But Cylinder + Waboku is obnoxious. Reverse an attack, don't let the others get through...heh...

Meh. Decent deck. Not really sure of the metagame over in your parts.

DarkTemplarZ
1st November 2003, 08:58 PM
I know Waboku must be set, but it can chain to it's own destruction (IE opponent uses Cyclone on it, chain to negate all battle damage for that turn), unlike mirror force, which makes it more popular in the Japanese game.

Dark-San
2nd November 2003, 08:26 AM
Destructive effect is good but most of the time, tis card would get mystic away... Maybe it maybe its a good idea to try out DarkTemplarZ's idea...

And how abt Scapegoat? You can get to defend for 4 turns instead of 1 or 3 turns compared to Wabuko and swords... The only weakness of scapegoat is either Tribe infecting virus and monsters with trample effects!

DarkTemplarZ
2nd November 2003, 02:31 PM
I'm not really a big fan of scapegoat because the goat tokens are just begging to be trampled. Either way, Scapegoat will never last 4 turns. If ur very lucky it'll last 2 turns. With all the monster removal out there I don't think it'll last much more than that, and there's almost no way to get rid of them if ur opponent has a powerful trample monster on the field.

Dark-San
7th November 2003, 09:59 AM
Yos so heres the final version before the tournament starts tommorow!

Tribute Monsters:
Jinzo

Special Summoned Monsters:
Chaos Emperor Dragon
Chaos Soldier

Basic Monsters:
3 Blade Knight
2 Dimension Girl
1 Witch of Black Forest
1 Magic Breaker
1 Cyber Jar
1 Fiber Jar
1 Tribe Infecting Virus
1 Yata
1 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
1 Suprise Attack Matasa

Total: 16 Monsters

18 Magic
1 Pot of Greed
1 Graceful Charity
1 Mirage of Nightmare
3 MST
1 Harpie's Feather Duster
1 Heavy Storm
1 Monster Reborn
1 Premature Burial
1 Dark Hole
1 Raigeki
1 Confiscation
1 Delinquient Duo
1 Forceful Sentry
1 Snatch Steal
1 Change of Heart
1 Painful Choice

7 Traps:
1 Wabuko
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Sixth Sense
1 Ring Of Destruction
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Imperial Order

I was on a losing spree after taking out Mirror Force but things did turn out for the better after I put it back in so ya... -_-" *Silly me*

Yoh Asakura
10th November 2003, 05:58 PM
Thunder Dragon is often used in Chaos decks due to it's speed effect.

Chaos decks will get a HUGE boost with 308 and it's incredible amount of broken cards..