PDA

View Full Version : You Can Never Taillow

Whirlpuff
31st October 2003, 01:10 PM
Anyone catch this episode today on Sky 1?
Ash finally catches his first Pokémon in the Hoenn region, Taillow.
And Brock returns! ^_^ But once again he refers to the rice balls as something different - this time he calls them sandwiches. :rolleyes:
And this thing with May's Torchic is already getting old. I hope it's not like this all series...

Chris 2.1
31st October 2003, 02:19 PM
I liked it! Taillow's animation was smooth, the new Pokedex voice is great, and seeing Brock again was brilliant. For some reason, having just Ash, May and Max seemed kinda empty, maybe because Max and May are both rookies...

Taillow's voice was superb, but yea, Torchic sucked -__-;;. It DOES do better, I think (i hear it learnt quick attack in the Zangoose Ep)

Score = 9/10!

Zak
31st October 2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Brit Chris
I liked it! Taillow's animation was smooth, the new Pokedex voice is great, and seeing Brock again was brilliant. For some reason, having just Ash, May and Max seemed kinda empty, maybe because Max and May are both rookies...

Taillow's voice was superb, but yea, Torchic sucked -__-;;. It DOES do better, I think (i hear it learnt quick attack in the Zangoose Ep)

Score = 9/10!

When? I don't recall it using Quick Attack in the Zangoose ep... now, if you mean the Skitty ep, which comes before it, it used it there, but I'm pretty sure it's already used it even before then.

~Zak

Chris 2.1
31st October 2003, 02:33 PM
*face-fault* It was the Skitty ep! *blushes* thanks for pointing that out, Zak ^^. It's the first time i've READ it using Quick atttack though....erm, if you've seen it, does it just look like Pikachus, with the white streak? Or is it just its usual charging around?

Entropy
31st October 2003, 07:38 PM
Is the PokeDex's voice female like in the Japanese version?

Whirlpuff
31st October 2003, 08:21 PM
It sure is, and it sounds just like a female version of Dexter.
And I thought Taillow's voice was really annoying!! Sounded like an old man saying "Helloooooo!!"

Gravy
1st November 2003, 06:35 PM
You never can Taillow
Meh...I've seen this in japanese, and the japanese version was considerably better.
Still, I love this episode. There are funny moments and great battles throughout it.
During Haruka and Masato's little food argument, the Fortree music was playing in the BG for the original. It suited it much better. Anyways, in was kinda fun to see everyone starving like that, especially Pikachu. It seems pokémon cope with starvation even worse than humans
Taillow's dub voice SUCKED!!!. Oh god, now I'm actually glad we'll not see it as much. It sounded like a phlegmly parrot with a hint of helium. In the japenese its voice is so friggin' cool! *cries*
*ahem* Anyways, the scene with Taillow eating the chocolate has always been amusing to me. Thats one of the resons I like Haruka so much, she always has the best expressions on her face, especially in this episode.
The taillow were great fun to watch, and it proves Pikachu isn't as strong as its made out to be. I love Taillows detremination and its ability to ward of electricity because of it. That also made the battle excellent, and the fact they kept the music throughout the battle scene ruled. That music always seems to get me sitting on the edge of my seat, wanting me to whip out my sapphire The sheer determination of Taillow made it seem all the more better.
The scene with TR and the twerp group arguing over the food stuffs was amusing, and Torchic running head first inro was just pure amusment to the max
Great capture episode gets :
9/10
Observation of the day: Erm...why did they change Forretress' voice back to the original japanese? How odd....but good.

Kojiro
1st November 2003, 06:45 PM
I also heard they changed Arboks voice and Weezings too in the next episode....

Fortress voice changed back into the "Dom Dom Dom?!"

ANyway you UK people are lucky,we won't get this till the end of November!

*Murkrow
2nd November 2003, 01:08 PM
I actually really liked this epsisode.
Taillows dub sounded weird at the begining, but after a bit it sounded ok, or at least thats what I think.
The battle between it and Pikachu was excellent, the music was great, and the animation was top notch. Pikachu's Thunder was weird though, it had lightning bursting from it's back?o_O
The capture animation looked different as well, I'm not totally sure why though, it just did.
Lol, so Forretress' voice was the origional one? That explains why it sounded so different^_^
Nice episode.

Oh yeah, and in the TR one, I'm not sure about Arbok, but Weezing's voice didn't sound so 'wheezy' to me. I only noticed it at the end, so it might not have been like that all they way through though, or it might just be me hearing things because the tv was on really low¬_¬

Craig
2nd November 2003, 08:49 PM
I havn't seen this, but I can tell it'll be awesome. If anyone wants to see what Taillow looks like in action, and such agility it has, check out Animelee's "AG Beginning" thread and watch when Ash throws out Treecko and Taillow, like, woah. Taillow gotz skills :) I want to see this eppy, but.. ya know.. I'll have to wait.. :( I havn't even seen get the show on the road! I hope May starts to bunch up and <3 her torchic soon!;o

Nikku-San
3rd November 2003, 04:18 AM
For some reason, the idea of an ep about Taillowdoesn't sound too great to me. But hey, this is AG, it always exceeds expectations, right? ^_^