Yawn
Surf
Ice Beam

Spinda (Own Tempo) [Modest] @ Salac Berry
Psych Up
Teeter Dance
Psychic
Shock Wave

Slowbro calm minds up, while spinda confuses both opponents.
Spinda later copies slowbro's stat changes and then they can both sweep.
Yawn is for p-hazing.

Mr.Mime and Misdreavus

Mr.Mime (Soundproof) [Bold] @ Leftovers
Reflect
Light Screen
Fake Out
Psychic

Misdreavus (Levitate) [Bold] @ Lum Berry
Mean Look
Confuse Ray
Perish Song
Protect

Fake Out can give a free turn to Misdreavus to greatly help it's Perish Trapping.
After the Perish Trap is set up Misdreavus can protect then switch out later.
Of course Soundproof prevents P.S affecting Mr.Mime so he won't need to switch out.
Reflect can benefit the team and help agaisnt Shadow Ballers and Light Screen also benefits the team.
Pyschic can be used for attacking if nessecary.

(Spinda's Teeter Dance could also be used with Missy's Lum Berry to speed up the trap, maybe, if Mr.Mime is KO'd)

Houndoom and Flareon

Houndoom (Flash Fire) [Bold] @ Leftovers
Flamethrower
Crunch
Will-O-Wisp
Sunny Day

Flareon (Flash Fire) [Bold] @ Salac Berry
Flamethrower
Charm
Endure
Reversal

The basic idea is to attack each other with a fire attack to power themselves up with Flash Fire.
Houndoom can W-O-W to help both of their crap defenses
Charm also helps with this
It will do huge damage after flash fire works with even more from STAB.

More Rates please

soggy_cardboard
7th November 2003, 12:33 AM
Slowbro (Own Tempo) [Modest] @ Petaya Berry
Calm Mind
Yawn
Surf
Ice Beam

Spinda (Own Tempo) [Modest] @ ---
Psych Up
Teeter Dance
Psychic
Theif

Slowbro calm minds up, while spinda confuses both opponents.
Spinda later copies slowbro's stat changes and then they can both sweep.
Yawn is for p-hazing.
Should I keep Theif? If not, what other Sp.Atk could I use?
Hmmm.....
maybe SHOCK WAVE?
it all depends how much slowbro powers up.

Silent Dragonfly
10th November 2003, 11:42 AM
Shock Wave sounds good.

Nobody's rating. Is it that bad? Or do people just hate 2v2

GupLoaf
10th November 2003, 03:58 PM
I think people just aren't as into the 2vs2 game as much yet. There's no real need to develop a 2vs2 team right now as the focus is still on the 1vs1. Once the 1vs1 metagame plateaus we'll see a higher surge in 2vs2 teams. Also, I think that not everyone understands the dynamics of 2vs2 battling as it is such a radically different metagame than 1vs1... & no one wants to get too into yet.

It's nice to see you branching out & taking initiative, though.

The Mr. Mime & Misdreavus combo is priceless (nice touch stalling with Fake Out).

Slowbro & Spinda also look good, but be careful of their low speeds... it could cause a problem with the initial set-up. You want to make sure they last long enough to pull it all off. Another thing, Surf is not a good move in 2vs2 with it's reducded attack by hiting both pokes at once. Also, with some pokes having Water Absorb Surf is too easy to take advantage of. Use Waterfall or the like to still deal good damage to one enemy at a time (I'd suggest Water Pulse, but you already have the confusion thing down with Teeter Dance).

I'd suggest Sunny Day in the last spot for Houndoom to boost both Fire types power even more... & to lessen water attacks against both. Be careful of Earthquakers... this move will be a real pain in the *ss against these two, especially with their low defenses... make sure to Will-O-Wisp & Charm as soon as possible if you're up against an attacking team. Endure/ Flail could go over Toxic & Wish, but just an option... or even better, you could use Curse & Return... salac would help restore speed.

Silent Dragonfly
11th November 2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by JumpLoaf

The Mr. Mime & Misdreavus combo is priceless (nice touch stalling with Fake Out).

Thanks, I used Misdreavus a lot back in GSC and knowing how fragile it is I knew I had to block attacks as much as possible

Slowbro & Spinda also look good, but be careful of their low speeds... it could cause a problem with the initial set-up. You want to make sure they last long enough to pull it all off. Another thing, Surf is not a good move in 2vs2 with it's reducded attack by hiting both pokes at once. Also, with some pokes having Water Absorb Surf is too easy to take advantage of. Use Waterfall or the like to still deal good damage to one enemy at a time (I'd suggest Water Pulse, but you already have the confusion thing down with Teeter Dance).

Dunno whether Spinda would benefit from Leftovers or Salac better. Waterfall should be ok on Slowbro I guess. It gets STAB at least

I'd suggest Sunny Day in the last spot for Houndoom to boost both Fire types power even more... & to lessen water attacks against both. Be careful of Earthquakers... this move will be a real pain in the *ss against these two, especially with their low defenses... make sure to Will-O-Wisp & Charm as soon as possible if you're up against an attacking team. Endure/ Flail could go over Toxic & Wish, but just an option... or even better, you could use Curse & Return... salac would help restore speed.

Sunny Day seems to be a good idea. I dunno about Curse-Return, because of Charm, things would take a while to set up. Endure/Reversal could be good though

GupLoaf
19th November 2003, 03:34 PM
I was thinking & thought this combo would be very useful as well...

A Spinda & Shedinja combo would work great as Spinda can skill swap with Shedinja & become immune to everything but Fighting type moves. Then Shedinja will have the Own Tempo ability & be able to avoid being affected by Teeter Dance. Gives Spinda more security, but leaves Shedinja risky...

Silent Dragonfly
19th November 2003, 03:48 PM
I dont think Houndoom and Flareon are gonna work.
Good idea on Shedinja.
I thought about changing things a bit though.

Slowbro/Spinda -> Smeragle/Spinda

Smeargle @ Leftovers
Spore
Belly Drum
Extremespeed
Focus Punch

Spinda @ Salac Berry
Teeter Dance
Psych Up
Focus Punch
Double-Edge

Smeargle uses Spore Spinda Teeter Dances, Smeargle Drums and Spinda uses Psych up, then they can both sweep

Houndoom/Flareon -> Espeon/Umbreon

Espeon @ Leftovers
Calm Mind
Psychic
Sunny Day
HP Fire

Umbreon @ Brightpowder
Moonlight
Mean Look
Toxic
Confuse Ray

Umbreon can annoy to help espy take less hits so can calm mind more. Sunny day helps HP Fire and Moonlight. Espy can sweep

What do you think?

andyizcool
19th November 2003, 03:51 PM
Look carefully at your team some big weaknesses are starting to appear like a weakness to fighting 3x and maybe more just check your team over again. I like the changes because Flareon and Houndoom might have been a bad idea against Surf and Earthquake.

~Andrew