PDA

View Full Version : Team Snatch

Powarun
2nd November 2003, 10:37 AM
Okay I sorta ditched my last fics for I didn't want to retype, this fic will hopefully will be updated like once every 2 weeks, hopefully. OR those are my plans. IF there are any questions please ask.

~Team Snatch~
Chapter one ~ The nice guys

A young teen ager pulled his dark blue shirt over his head covering his light tan well built body. Swift fully after grabbing putting on his undershirt he grabbed his outer jacket, and snapped the buttons into place. The second shirt was quite long and could easily be mistaken for a cape if you looked at it from the back. The boy then lifted a fierce looking arm like machine from his dresser and attached it over his arm. Stretched out it looked like a blue and red bendable bazooka, but when his arm was bent the machine looked more like a heavy snake. He looked into the mirror too look at his new uniform and gave a small shrug, the mechanical pokemon transfer machine seemed rather bulky, and almost like a robotically arm, he regret applying for the snatching team. Dustin applied several months ago, when the whole team snatch got started to free evil pokemon from abusive trainers.

He stroked his light blue hair, staring at his fingers swiping through the long blades of hair in his reflection. The dark azure uniform he was forced to wear was something he would have not chosen for its long sleeves would keep him from cooling down in the summer, and the mechanical arm thingy doesn’t seem to be fit for humans, but for robots, he figured. Dustin then quickly looked down at his radio clock, and noticed he only had time to either eat or brush his teeth before he has to go down to the hideout. His filled mind argued over which one, if he picked to eat then he might spill food over his uniform, but if he brushed his teeth he would starve. A loud buzzing sound interrupted his thoughts, startled he gazed around the room trying to find the source of the sound. He looked down, and saw the mechanical arm, a little light was blinking and it seemed liked the sound came from it. Quickly Dustin picked up the toothbrush but put it down instantly, and rapidly rushed down the hall, and into the door.

His long sweaty fingers slipped on door handle just managing to get enough friction to turn it so he could enter the dark world of Kanto. The boy’s feet moved as fast his they could down the unpaved driveway and onto the paved road. After several minutes of running at full speed Dustin’s stamina broke and he could only jog the rest of the way to the head quarters. The head quarters of Team Snatch were about the size of a large house on a huge lot of grasslands, all of this was surrounded by a large chain fence. Dustin advanced forward to its opening in the fence. A tall bulky guard with a mighty Blaziken stood in his way, giving Dustin an evil stare as he passed by into the dirty tan building….

Dustin was greeted by a short skinny teen ager wearing the same clothes/mechanical arm as he did, but had clean gray hair and pumpkin orange eyes.

“Welcome to Team Snatch, I am Leo and will be your advisor until you have proven that you can master snatching pokemon.” He said warmly, extending an arm.

Dustin gave the extended hand a nice sweaty shake and replied, “It’s nice to meet you Leo, now where do I start?” His voice sounded confident and full of enthusiasm.

“Well you can start off by telling me your name, I presume it is Justin but I may be mistaken.” Leo said, his voice was warm and friendly, and gave Dustin a sense of security.

“No, I am Dustin with a D.” Dustin responded.

“Okay Dustin, guess you will need a pokemon, now just follow me to the lab.” The boy said leading Dustin into a door, on the way Leo picked up a folder lying on a brown table and plucked through the papers within it. “Ah, yes, you are Dustin Finch; we have chosen your pokemon for you. Remember that job application you were required to take, well it was also a test for your first pokemon.” Leo added. Dustin tried to open his mouth in protest to this but thought it was logical. When they reached the door, Leo punched in some numbers in a little box and the door opened.

The two of them walked through the open door and into a small white room filled with tiny square lockers. Leo pointed vaguely at a section of lockers, then said, “Your locker is 34, you are not permitted to have a lock until you reach a leave four Snatcher. Open it to reveal your pokemon.”

Dustin stared at the many lockers, then found his way to his own, and opened the locker with his left hand. Inside sat a light metallic blue pokeball and a cream colored folder. Greedily he made his way to the pokeball and grabbed it at once then pulled it to his chest.

“Wait Dustin, before you can open that pokeball you need to sign this waiver, it permits you to possess a pokemon with out concerning an authorized professor as long as you treat the pokemon and all following this one with respect and kindness. You will learn that being on Team Snatch is an honor, not a burden like people may say it is compared to the ranks of gym leaders and trainers.” Leo said, but his words did not sink through for Dustin just stared at the large metallic pokeball in his hand. Leo then forced the sheet of paper into his hand along with a pen, which Dustin sloppily wrote across the sign here part. “You may now open the pokeball I find that it will….” Leo began but the boy forced the ball down to the ground.

A bright plasma like being busted through the ball, and revealed itself to be a medium sized Maneric. Its beautiful blue coat was the same color as the pokeball, with dandelion yellow lightning bolt limbs. The creature stared at his master, then gave a small whimper afraid of him.

“Its okay pokemon, I won’t hurt you.” Dustin pleaded, trying to make a good first impression.

“Maneric here, was from an abusive trainer who would fight with this pokemon to its near end, luckily our team rescued him. His is still a little tedious for he just got back to normal. There is more information in the folder left in your locker.” Leo said warmly, smiling at the Snatcher and his pokemon. The pokemon gave a small step forward to get Dustin’s scent but the door slammed open, and the scared pokemon backed into a corner.

“Leo, we need you to, wait you are with someone aren’t you.” A lady blared.

“Yes I am, Miss Thrum, this is Dustin he is new the Team Snatch and I am going to teach him a few things today.”

“Oh okay, well when you have the time please come by my desk.” The lady said, closing the door.

“That is Miss Thrum, she is the secretary, if you spot or capture an abused pokemon you tell her and she will mark it up on file. Now Dustin lets proceed to the rookie room, then I can teach you more about the pokevortex.”

“The what?” Dustin blurted.

“The mechanical arm that is strapped onto yourself and I, it is called the pokevortex.”

“Oh okay, Maneric return.” Dustin called, placing his pokeball and papers in his left hand, opposite of the pokevortex’ed one. He followed Leo out to another white room, the difference in this one is, it was much larger, had no lockers, and there were burns, freezes, and water marks on the wall. Leo went to the bench, opened the bottom drawer, and withdrew a black and navy blue pokeball.

“This is a dark ball, after a pokemon is abused enough their pokeball will turn into a darker color, this is how we know if the pokemon has been abused or not. I am going to release the Charmander from it, and will show you how to capture a pokemon with the pokevortex.” Leo stated. The white haired kid gently threw the pokeball, and lava red Charmander popped out, its tail’s flame glowed a brilliant hellish red and black.

“You can also tell if a pokemon is dark by the way it acts, you see that tail, normally it is a normal flame color, now I am going to release my Clamperl, and watch the Charmander’s reaction.” Leo said. He threw down a pearl white pokeball, and a blue clam popped out of it. Clamperl opened her shell and sprayed herself with water. The Charmander gave an annoyed look, and prepared itself for an attack.

“See how it is at a sudden rage, most but not all dark pokemon are like that. The Charmander will…” Leo continued, but the fiery pokemon launched itself at Clamperl and swung his mighty claws at the water pokemon.

“Clamperl use protect.” Leo called out, Clamperl closed her shell and little stars encircled her. “Now the Charmander’s only attack will be Dark Tackle, DT for short, this will only happen after the pokemon is captured by the pokevortex. Watch this.” Leo said, he aimed the mechanical arm at the Charmander, and pushed a button that was located on his shoulder. A pokeball shot out at Charmander and engulfed him in a holy light. “That is a light ball, no, it is not an accessory shot for a Pikachu, but a pokeball that has been absorbed Suicine’s water.” The ball swallowed up Charmander, and then shot back into the pokevortex. Leo gave a determined look then smiled, and let the pokeball out of the vortex.

“This is the actual hard part, you see the pokemon is struggling with all its might to escape and you need to put your strength into keeping the ball closed. Now I have done this countless of times and only lost 2 pokemon, but when the ball does explode the pokemon is sent out the pokevortex confused, and knows only DT, before that the pokemon would know all of his or her attacks.” Leo explained.

Dustin then acted like if he was preparing to use the pokevortex but Leo interrupted him, “Please do not waste Light balls, now do you think you are ready for your first mission.” Dustin felt a bit confident.

“Yes I am.” He replied.

Leo walked Dustin through another door, then took him to Miss Thrum.

“Miss Thrum do you have an easy missions for our newbie, Dustin.”

“Why yes I do, then I need to talk to you Leo, Dustin, sir, you need to go to Ninth st. and Meza st. there you should encounter a female trainer with three dark pokemon, I recommend going for her Chinchou. Her name is Shala, and she has been training pokemon for 3 years so please use caution.” Miss Thrum told the kids. Dustin understood this and headed for the door.

“You sure you know what you are doing?” Leo called out.

“I think so.” Dustin said, giving a large smile.

HedgeCat
2nd November 2003, 11:12 AM
Good fic idea. It's interesing.

DannyBoy
5th November 2003, 07:09 PM
So far I like this fic! I like that you are writing about a bad group but this could also be a good group. They take hurt pokemon but then they turn bad. I like how you have the pokemon have a little black in them to show they are 'bad' . It could have been a little longer and description was ok. Keep it up!

Powarun
6th November 2003, 04:10 PM
Okay, Nice to see you hedge cat

I Love X tina: You are truly are right, it should have been longer but I was sorta just trying to move it along but didn't want the first chapter to lead off into to much. As for detail, yeah that was my weakness, and I am working on it. As for team snatch, it is more of good versus bad but two wrongs don't make it right. Team snatch steals abused pokemon but the fact that they are stealing is wrong. But I couldn't really come up with a better way. Oh and it is based on my knowledge of Pokemon Coliseum's RPG mode.

Powarun
10th November 2003, 07:40 PM
Well, I was had a rough week but with no interent, I just wrote, so here is chapter 2.

~Team Snatch~
~Chapter 2~ Mission one~

Dustin walked out of the door with a twitching arm and sweaty palms. He felt along the edges of the pokevortex and found a long skinny crevice and with the tip of his fingernail he dug it into the crevice and lifted the hinge. A computerized map sat inside the bottom part of the hinge. “You are here.” The map said in its computerized voice, a small red dot blinked. Dustin overviewed the map and traced his fingers over the route to his destination. He then began to walk toward his destination, wondering how this may go. “It would either go, I am successful at capturing her pokemon, or I fail and be a disgrace to the team or I somehow make the team look bad and disgrace them in some other fashion.” Dustin said to himself, staring at the machine attached to his arm. He then began to walk letting the dot lead him…

“Are you Shala? I heard you take it easy on new trainers, and I am a new trainer so can you help me out?” Dustin called to the brunet girl about fifty feet away from him.

“You want to challenge me to a pokemon battle, newbie.” Shala spat.

“Yeah, you know just to um test you out.” Dustin laughed.

“I don’t appreciate that kind of attitude Mister, now do you want me to take it easy on you?” Shala replied, there was a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

“Heck yeah, can’t you see I only have one real arm, and just a few hours ago I was allowed my trainers license, besides what do you have to lose.” Dustin said in an amusing voice.

“Well just be happy I am going to take it easy on you cripple.” She snorted. Dustin responded with a smirk.

“I am going to choose my newest pokemon, Chinchou and hopefully you have enough brains to damage it.” She said.

“Well then I will pick my sole pokemon Maneric.” Dustin said, both of them throwing their tiny spheres containing pokemon at the same time. A tiny blue orb like pokemon with two large orb antennas popped out at Dustin’s opponent’s ball. Dustin’s medium sized dog like pokemon jumped out of the pokeball and began to bark trying to scare the opponent.

“A Maneric why is that your starter?” His puzzled opponent asked.

“um because my arm, and this um disease that may make me blind one day forgot what is it called, but Maneric is a trained eye seeing pokemon.” Dustin lied.

“Well I will at least attack you, Chinchou use your thunder wave.” Shala ordered. The little electric pokemon struggled to get its balance and launched a small wave of yellow energy at the ground. “You stupid pokemon, just return, I am a disgraced at you.” Shala called out, she then walked out to the battle field and kicked the pokemon before she was ready to return him.

“Why did you do that?” Dustin yelled.

“Why, because the pokemon failed to launch its first attack, do you have a problem with that?” Shala sneered, gripping Chinchou’s pokeball.

“I do have a problem with you kicking your Chinchou, now Maneric block it from being pulled into the pokeball.” Dustin ordered. The shy dog pokemon rammed itself at Chinchou who let out a loud quick scream as Chinchou was knocked away from the red laser.

“Damn you, Chinchou use your water gun attack.” Shala ordered. The obedient pokemon wobbled a bit then launched a thick stream of water attack at Dustin.

“Ahh, what made it do that?” Dustin sneered jumping out of the way, his medium sized body fell to the ground face first. He tried lifting himself up but the mechanical arm seemed to be a heavy burden he dared not detach for it could ruin his whole mission.

“Dang thing,” He muttered still trying to lift him self, he then noticed his Maneric trotting toward him. “No, don’t got to me; keep the pokeball’s laser away from Chinchou.” The boy hissed. The Maneric gave a small growl then leapt at Chinchou knocking him back further from his trainer.

“Chinchou use a thunderbolt at that Maneric.” Shala ordered. The beaten up water pokemon’s antenna glowed a bright electric yellow and in an instant a bolt of electricity shot out of the antenna, the brilliant energy blasted off at Maneric who’s body glowed an electric blue. The attack merely rebounded off Maneric and blasted off until it turned into nothingness.

“Maaaaaaaaaaaneeeeeeeeerrrric!” The pokemon howled. Dustin stared in amazement at his pokemon’s power, and then took a look at Chinchou; the electric fish was huffing and puffing struggling to stand up.

“Stupid weak, inaccurate pokemon, now get into the ball.” His trainer screamed. The large eyes on the Chinchou dilated and tears formed. Shala steadily aimed the pokeball at Chinchou and clicked the back button sending out the red beam, the crimson beam highlighted Chinchou and began to suck him up. Shala was surprised at the pokeball for it was having difficulty returning her Chinchou. “Return you.” She snarled pressing the button harder. The Chinchou was pushed out of the way again by Maneric. Maneric growled at Shala and advanced forward toward her with his teeth grinding at her.

“Don’t attack me you stupid dog, and let me return my Chinchou.” She yelled a tint of fear in her voice. Dustin was then able to manage to his knees, and pointed Maneric’s pokeball at Maneric.

“I can take it from here.” Dustin said. He then stood up and faced the paled face Shala.

“I have an unanswered question, why did you kick your Chinchou.” He warned, his left hand was fiddling with his pokevortex. Her face reddened, and she fired another laser beam at Chinchou, the pokemon gave a cry before struggling not to be returned. Quickly Dustin aimed his right arm at the pokeball, and flung his left arm on the large red button located on his shoulder. A white pokeball flung out and hit Shala’s hand causing her to drop the pokeball. The pokeball slowly fell to the ground and broke into two, and the white ball quickly followed with the exception the white ball swallowed up the red and white one.

“What the **** did you do to my pokemon’s pokeball.” Shala screamed, rubbing her hand easing the pain the white pokeball brought. Dustin gave a small smile, then said “It is not your pokemon anymore, its mine.”

“What?” Shala interrupted.

“Its mine, you mistreated it, and you didn’t answer my question.” Dustin said, he then advanced toward Shala, and reached for the pokeball.

“No you won’t.” She shouted. Shala then launched her foot at Dustin’s back, causing the boy to fall, he gave a loud groan but was able to get a hand on the pokeball. Shala then threw her other foot on the boy’s long fingers; Dustin released the pokeball from his grip. “I will take this.” She said bending down to Dustin taking the pokeball. “Chinchou return.” She called, but the ball did not return the pokemon, instead it just sat in her hand motionless. “I said return, you dang pokemon.” Dustin began to stir, but was kicked away by Shala’s foot.

“Chinchou won’t return back to you, its not your pokemon anymore.” A mysterious voice said. The lady turned her blunt head, and shoved Dustin’s face into the ground without knowing it. A man in a bright yellow shirt and pants, with a royal blue pokevortex on his arm, stood upon a nearby building. (Dustin’s pokevortex was more of a light blue with red markings.)

“What is this the party of cripples or something.” Shala sneered, rubbing Dustin’s face further with in the dirt.

“We are not cripples, we are Team Snatch, and we caught you abusing your Chinchou, so your punishment is to have it taken away.” The man roared.

“Ug hug.” Dustin said. Shala loosened her grip on Dustin and allowed him to get his face out of the ground.

“So this is Team Snatch, pretty pathetic if you ask me, first off you all look like cripples with those fake arms, then that costume you are wearing is a fashion statement, and lastly that had to be worst pokemon battle I ever had, Maneric did NOT even attack Chinchou, just tackled it out of the pokeball’s way.” The girl hollered. Maneric being heard strolled over and walked toward Shala, its red eyes beaming at her.

“Maneric!” the pokemon cried releasing several bolts of electricity at the girl. Shala shook as each bolt struck her body, until she fell to the ground, letting Dustin have a chance to get up. The boy arose, struggling with his right side but making it up, once he was on his feet he took the opportunity to gather Chinchou.

“Who are you?” Dustin hollered at the man in yellow.

“You will soon learn, get back to the station for your report, I will take care of the rest. You have a lot to improve upon” The man said. Dustin backed off, with Chinchou’s pokeball in his hand, and rushed off to the station.

HedgeCat
10th November 2003, 08:28 PM
Great chapter. At first I didn't think Dustin would get Chinchou. I thought Shala was goning to be a nice trainer and not a, well, mean one. I hope Chinchou evolves, Lanturn, IMO, looks better than Chinchou.

DannyBoy
10th November 2003, 09:27 PM
That was a great chapter. You how they take the pokemon from teh other trainer and it was cool. I also read about the game and it helped me understand this a bit more. The battle was good and described ok. The length was ok to. Keep it up!