PDA

View Full Version : Teach Me, Experienced ones!

SygmaXE
30th December 2002, 04:27 PM
Can someone explain to me how these 2v2 Anime styled battles work? I never partaken in one.

Don't Run With Scizors
30th December 2002, 08:12 PM
Well, first of all, questions like these are meant to be directed at the Rules and Links Tower, one of the "sticky" topics at the top of the page.

And since I'm generous, I'll answer your question for you:

Can someone explain to me how these 2v2 Anime styled battles work? I never partaken in one.

I've never actually seen you in ANY battles here in ASB, so I have a feeling you're confusing battles that involve sending out two Pokémon at a time with battles in which trainers get to use two (or three, or six, or one) Pokémon per side, except only one at a time. I'm sure you're familiar with the latter concept. Just keep in mind that ASB battles don't use Gameboy concepts (nor does it use Gameboy damage), so don't expect moves like Fissure to be OHKO moves or something. If we wanted that, we'd use the GSbot or Netbattle.

If I've mistaken you and you actually are talking about the former, such battles work pretty much the same way as regular battles, except this time you've got two Pokémon out on each team. Each combatant can use pretty much any attack s\he\it uses in a normal battle, but with the aid of an ally, they can also accomplish tasks that would be otherwise difficult to perform alone. For example, let's say I have an Alakazam and Rhydon on one team, and a Wigglytuff and Golem on the other. Alakazam can Disable either the Golem or the Wigglytuff, while the Rhydon can crack open a Fissure toward said Disabled Pokémon.

That's all I can think of at the moment (mostly, I'm focused on writing a Pokémon Advance move database for Netbattle at the moment).

Yumemiru
30th December 2002, 11:06 PM
ASB Rules and Link Tower (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2244)

You should find most of what you need in that topic. Questions such as these should be asked there, as DRWS mentioned, rather than creating separate topics.