PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] CHs & stat boost/drops?

Kari and Mewtwo
2nd November 2003, 09:59 PM
I remember once using a charmbreon against a machamp on the switch, and CC does less and less.. yet when is strikes a CH, it seems to do about as much as it would do without the charms. Yet, this doesnt seem to happen with defense increasing moves like acid armor & stuff.. Any reason why?

Sir Chris
2nd November 2003, 10:05 PM
to my knowledge, it actually does. Perhaps I am wrong, but if a fully defense curled blissey gets ched by a heracross' mega horn, its going to ohko it or very nearly, do you mean it like that? Or did I misunderstand

SilverPersian
2nd November 2003, 10:24 PM
Urm, Im not positive, but I think when you CH any stat changes that hinder the amount of damage you are causing gets taken away, but any stat changes which cause you to cause more damage stay.

For example, if rattata growls bulbasaur and bulbasaur scores a CH tackle, the damage will be the same if the growl hadn't occurred. But if bulba used swords dance and then scored a CH tackle, the damage done would be more.

Number1ChanseyFan
2nd November 2003, 10:26 PM
Whenever a critical hit happens, the damage is calculated in two different ways, first, the damage is calculated with all of the stat boosters that are currently in effect, and then the damage is calculated as if none of the stat boosters are in effect, and whichever results in the largest amount of damage being done is used.

Kari and Mewtwo
2nd November 2003, 10:58 PM
so in that case, why is it that the damage from a ch is lower with defense boosting moves than it is with attack dropping moves? or am i mistaken?

Sir Chris
2nd November 2003, 11:20 PM
I am pretty sure you are mistaken here kari... But I aint 100% sure... just like 80% sure, or maybe I am mistaken and if so thats bad, lol.

~ Chris

Poryhedron
3rd November 2003, 03:12 PM
Whenever a critical hit happens, the damage is calculated in two different ways, first, the damage is calculated with all of the stat boosters that are currently in effect, and then the damage is calculated as if none of the stat boosters are in effect, and whichever results in the largest amount of damage being done is used.

Is that a recent addition to the game engine? In RBY, when your physical attacker is up against an Onix and you use Screech or similar moves to chop up its defense, you do NOT follow with Slash because CH Slash ignores the Screeches.

Number1ChanseyFan
3rd November 2003, 03:19 PM
What I have listed is how G/S/C calculates damage for a critical hit, so critical hit damage must be calculated a little differently in R/B/Y then it is in G/S/C. :)

Bob54321
4th November 2003, 05:07 AM
I think in RBY the critcal hit formula ignores all stat changes unlike GSC which counts them if they help.