PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Refresh The Rmt!!

GotMiltank
3rd November 2003, 10:03 AM
Bah, since I had a purdy rmt waiting, and then somehow my browser went back and refreshed or something causing me to lose all the purdiness.... oh well, I shall do it again (minus purdiness). And some peoplez have prolly seen this team before. Oh, and I am posting this in response to someone mentioning in an earlier topic that theme teams generally suck. This team is quite obviously themed, and I guarantee you will never be 6-0d (unless you just suck, and then you deserve it) Anyways, LOOKY!!

Cloyster :: Leftovers
Spikes
Surf
Ice Beam
Explosion

~ Ya, thats a typical cloyster moveset. It works in this team cuz it's good at stopping marowaks (and surprisingly, if you haven't peeked ahead and noticed the theme, suicune DOESN'T have explosion! omg!). Also, it gets the spikes out and may get a yummy frz against a curselax or something. The splosion is always good for lettin Cloyster take out his enemy with him, as long as cloy gets the spikes out. Not the best against special attackers, but that's ok. Can always splode on em if it has to.

Snorlax :: Leftovers
Body Slam
Curse
Fire Blast
SelfDestruct

~ Right, well this is kinda like a curselax. It'll always beat a curselax (negating luck of course) if you really need to . Fire blast it to smash the roaring skarmories. Body Slam is there for the par and stab (obviously) and curse helps it go toe-to-toe with other laxes (the bslam par helps, and the self destruct is a nice last resort). Of course gengar bothers this guy, but most people won't switch gengar in if you play the mind games right (OMG QUAKE YIKES!!) This is the pokemon I go to first to absorb the special attacks (like zam. and watch for tricky zam counters hehe)

Exeggutor :: Leftovers
Psychic
Giga Drain
Explosion
Sleep Powder

~ Sleep powder has to be there to incapicate an opposing pokemon early or get outta a tight spot (another lil helper for taking out curselaxes and stuff). May beat a marowak if it hasn't agilitied. Depends on the situation of course. Psychic for the STAB and Gdrain for the STAB and health recovery. Exploding of course as a last resort, or to seal the victory.

Muk :: Leftovers
Curse
Fire Blast
Sludge Bomb
Explosion

~ Kinda like a mini lax. Basically does the same thing. I'm more prone to splode this guy against a tough opponent than my lax though. And it can take a special attack pretty well too. And fire blasting the steel pokemons that think they're safe is so fun :D

Gengar :: Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond
Explosion
Ice Punch

~ Hehe, this is my tricky one. Thunderbolt and Ice punch for the special attackiness. Ice punch to finish waks and stuff. Tbolt for general damage, good nuff on cune and starmie. Explosion as a last resort (and if gengar is the first to splode, it's usually catches opponents off guard). Destiny Bond as another option if exploding won't get the job done, and if your opponent has disovered the splosion theme. Also fun to do with this guy, is switching him in against ttar (which seems to be a tough pokemon against this team) and be like "oops! wrong pokemon... sigh..." and then they are like "yay free kill" and then you go "DESTINY BOND!! YAY!!!" and no more tyranitar problems! :) If that doesn't work, let the mind games ensue on the next pokemon. Obviously, this is the finisher and big special attacker on the team.

Steelix :: Leftovers
Curse
Roar
Earthquake
Explosion

~ Alrighty, this guy is definitely the big annoyer. After cloyster gets his spikes out, steelix has lots of fun. You can curse up once, and there'd be a skarmory in to try and roar you out or something. Or you can quake away on whatever you want. But, it's fun to roar like krazy, giving spikes damage to lots of the opposing pokemon. Once they figure out it can't hit flyers, just keep roaring the skarm away. Anyways, yeah, this guy is all about roaring and sweeping when you win the mind games (OMG SURPRISE QUAKE !! NO ROAR FOR U!!).

SO there is my fun splosion team (my favourite gsc team for sure, and the one I probably use the most). It's surprisingly good at taking on even the most standard teams. Big threats I've found are: Machamp (fire blasting my eggy ;.;), Tyranitar (cloyster can't switch in on it, and it might always have tbolt... steelix with a curse up or gengar's dbond helps here) and Houndoom/Entei/Moltres (lax may not have problems and muk may even help... but they hit heavy and hard, and nothing on this team resists fire... and they could burn, and fuxor muk/lax ... if gengar is in already, they are usually taken care of quick.)

Whatcha think? ;D

*bops you*

Sir Chris
3rd November 2003, 11:10 AM
I won't even bother to even touch this team, its a great team and you deserve praise for it, you play it damn good. I have played itprolly 10+ times and at most I have only a couple of victories, its a great team heh. Have fun using it though, and have fun with the other raters.

~ Chris

Warahyuu
3rd November 2003, 04:47 PM
ooo an explosion team :D I used to use one in r/s with all the pokemon with choice band attached...it was pure evil.

Besides the x3 ground weakness, your team is pretty good. i don't see any changes needed

Green_Pikachu
14th November 2003, 04:53 PM
if you blow all your pokemon up, they will hate you, when u ask the lady. that's not good. you need to give them good and happy moves like lick on gengar and harden on snorlax.

anyway...yeah, you know how it goes down. tune in, turn up, and charge on!

Caz129
14th November 2003, 05:02 PM
That is a really funny display of sarcasm... made my day actually...

This team is quality stuff, I had never thought of explosion until now... You have inspired me to make a theme team!!! (Not explosion themed though, that would be copying). I will return!

GotMiltank
15th November 2003, 02:54 PM
What lady? :confused:

Number1ChanseyFan
15th November 2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by GotMiltank
What lady? :confused:

G_P was just being funny, he was referring to the lady in Goldenrod City that tells you how happy your Pokémon are. Naturally, since Pokémon become unhappy when they faint, if they use Explosion, they faint, and they will become unhappy.

Also, BTW, excellent team, it is really good, and I don't really see anything that needs to be changed on it.

Green_Pikachu
27th December 2003, 07:08 AM
Cloyster :: Leftovers
Spikes
Surf
Ice Beam
Explosion

OMG EXPLOSION TEAMS RULE!!!!! i use tri attack over surf still, hoping for a PARALYZATION OR A FREEZE (non ice beam frz). works alright as a lead, but even better coming in against a favorable matchup to get the spikes off while they switch.

Snorlax :: Leftovers
Body Slam
Curse
Fire Blast
SelfDestruct

yeah, this is great. because sdestruct is done as a last resort, people with gengar will just assume that last slot is quake most of the time, WHICH IS AWESOME CAUSE YOU ARE BLUFFING!!!

Exeggutor :: Leftovers
Psychic
Giga Drain
Explosion
Sleep Powder

WHAT NO LEECH SEED? :( giga drain is so...meh. its ok though. that's my only complaint. BUT YOU ALSO USE EXPLOSION TOO MUCH!

Muk :: Leftovers
Curse
Fire Blast
Sludge Bomb
Explosion

lol a mini-lax. brings back memories of austin powers movies. LOL! this is awesome. gogo muk

Gengar :: Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond
Explosion
Ice Punch

yeah, i kinda like that destiny bond/explosion thing. with most people its conflicting, but you use it to your advantage. gengar rules, missy drools!

Steelix :: Leftovers
Curse
Roar
Earthquake
Explosion

i like rock slide better :( but this IS an explosion team, so GOOD!

good team. you will rule in sneak4. are you even doing gsc? i hate your frz-ing platform team in rby, so don't do rby. :(