PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Frame chapter 1

WarSerebii
30th December 2002, 04:59 PM
This fic is based after one of my favorite games. The start here is supposed to be vague and lacking in details, but I hope that doens't detract from anyone's enjoyment.

Himuru mansion had been her home as long as Kirie could remember, but it had never been as lively as today. She looked around from her room's window, seeing all the members of her family, ones she hardly even knew. The priests looked at her with a bit of sadness in their eyes, and Kirie knew why; the ritual was this evening. She sighed to herself, she knew this was her destiny, that she was doing something important, but still...she hadn't seen the young man for a day or two now. He'd been a guest of the family, and had had shown her a lot in the few times she'd gotten to speak to him. The head priest had been furious and whispered something to a man nearby when she told him. Since then she hadn't heard from or seen her friend, and was worried that something had happened to him. She asked the priest when he came here-- the opening of her room-- and he just said "Forget about him for now.." Kirie felt her heart sink; it was then that she knew something had happened to him, and that it had been HER fault for telling...

~

"Father, please no!!" The girl pleaded. She was tied up with her arms spread apart, kneeling position.

"It is the way!" he said gruffly, holding in his hand a small face mask, but with two stakes pointing inward instead of eyeholes.

"But why me?" She asked.

"Because you have been chosen, accept your fate." he said. He lifted the mask up, and in one motion slammed it down.

The girl screamed as he bonds were cut and she fell. "My eyes....my eyes.." She moaned, standing up as best she could while blood streamed down her face. She was led away for the time of the ceremony. She was in shock, just repeating "My eyes..." over and over..

~

"1..2...3!" The man yelled as he and his partner threw the body into the water behind the mansion. The man HAD to be disposed of, the success of the ritual was at stake, even if he didn't like it. Kirie's lovely smile would soon be gone forever, but it was for the best, wasn't it? He sighed. Just maybe there was a chance, even just a small one.."Just ma--..." he said, not even finishing before a sword was impaled through his chest.

"Sorry pal, you're a risk too." His partner said, before throwing him into the water too.

~

"Please, just tell me where he is!!" Kirie pleaded as she was forced along the underground walkway by the large group of people, wearing the traditional white kimono. "PLEASE!!" Her words fell on deaf ears as the eerie parade continued. In front of a doorway, a girl was being forced to dance, a mask over her eyes, trickles of blood oozing from under it. The doorway opened and the parade continued through underground tunnels, ending at a large wheel, which Kirie was tied to, a rope around her arms, legs, and around her neck. The family head walked in, and put the traditional Mask of Reflection on. The mask reflected the wearer's innerself, and a lot of the people there were worried as the mask transformed into a demonic face, with a cruel grin and sharp teeth.

"Just one last time?" Kirie asked, she wanted to see him one last time.

"He's dead." the family head said gruffly. Kirie's jaw dropped, and all around her monks each walked to a handle where the ropes were attached, and began pulling.

"NO!!!!!" Kirie screamed as the ropes tightened, and lifted her off the wheel, and with sound of stretching ropes, and the sudden snapping of bones and tendons, Kirie was ripped apart, her arms, legs and head all pulled off. Her body was taken away to be enshrined, and the ropes were taken to a large stone doorway, "The Hell gate, may it be sealed for all times with this rope given power by the Rope Shrine maiden Kirie, and the Holy Mirror." The family master said. As the door was tied with the rope, it began to creak and suddenly burst open.

The people that had gathered screamed and tried to run as a wave of evil energy escaped the gate, what they called the Malice. Some people were knocked off the stone walkway, getting impaled on the stalagmites on the ground or their spines or such being broken on impact. The Malice ripped through the entire mansion. One couple were at the Moonshrine when they were hit, the woman being crushed against the wall, and the man flung over a wall, catching on fire from the Malice's energy, burning for a long time before dying. Throughout the entire building people were killed, walls fell on some, others simply surcumbed to the Malice.

When it was over, the survivors looked around, dazed. "Sir, are you ok?" One young man asked the Family master as he stood up.

"Dieeee." Was his only reply as he grabbed a sword from a nearby monk and slashed the young man's head clean off his sholders. The other survivors in the area met with the same fate, as the family master took to his gruesome task with the same grin as the mask bore. He collected the heads and placed them as trophies along a shelf in a room of the mansion, admiring his collection, enjoying the looks of shock and fear on their faces, frozen forever. But it wasn't enough...more heads, he wanted more heads!!! There must still be survivors somewhere in the mansion..what pleasure he'd have hunting them down and severeing their heads, bringing them here to admire..

~

Elsewhere, the remains of Kirie didn't go unaffected by the Malice. Around the body, in it's position of worship, a mist had started forming around it. From a puddle of water nearby a wrath slowly emerged. A woman in a white Kimono, with ropes around it's wrists, ankles, and around her neck. Her eyes was covered by her hair. The ghost floated in place for a minute, then grinned in a demonic looking way as energy began emitting from her. "All who entered this place will know my sorrow, my pain, my curse.." it said......

egotist
31st December 2002, 03:35 AM
:)

Intriguing. Your story is a little vague (like what the ritual is all about), but I'm sure that you'll explain it in later chapters. I think you messed up on an "it is" somewhere (yes, I am the grammar freak ._.)... here it is:

Around the body, in it's position of worship, a mist had started forming around it. From a puddle of water nearby a wrath slowly emerged. A woman in a white Kimono, with ropes around it's wrists, ankles,

"It's" should be "its" because it's possessive and not "it is". I hope chapter 2 comes soon!