PDA

View Full Version : Advance Generation - Episode Reveiws!

Chris 2.1
3rd November 2003, 04:33 PM
Ok I don't wanna clutter the forum up with new topics for new eppies, since we're getting episodes crammed down our throat in the Uk x__x;;

Erm....next episode to reveiw ...

Tree's A Crowd!
--PRO--
+We got to see the dreamy sequence with Giovanni getting a back massage off Treecko ^^ lol, theres loadsa these in AG.
+Ash caught a new Pokemon...
+Cacnea was cute when it popped the baloon!

--CON--
-The plot was awful, IMHO. The tree was DEAD, why try and save it? I felt it was weak....
-Treecko's voice...I don't like it -_-;;
-TR with their mechas...
-May, Brock and Max got lost for about 20mins in the space Ash ran throughb(the cleared space) in about 30secs --_--;;

Meh, 6/10.

Shuppet Master
3rd November 2003, 06:19 PM
Where do you get these episodes? We here in San Antonio only started watching Pokemon Advance.

Venasaur89
3rd November 2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by .hack//BELLOSSOM
Where do you get these episodes? We here in San Antonio only started watching Pokemon Advance.

The Britians are watching the new episodes everyday because of that Sky One....we, on the otherside, are watching dumb masterquest episodes everyday at 4!:mad:

Whirlpuff
5th November 2003, 03:54 PM
Well the new episodes on Sky One aren't on everyday anymore. They're only on every Sunday from now on.

Venasaur89
5th November 2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Whirlpuff
Well the new episodes on Sky One aren't on everyday anymore. They're only on every Sunday from now on.

Really....:D

well KidsWB should air two new episodes each Saturday, since we are way behind Japan and now England.

squirtlemaster
6th November 2003, 03:29 AM
what about poor Australia and New Zealand. We are stuck in an everlasting cycle of master quest repeats =_=;;. Stops as soon as Ash beats claire.
I survive but watching advance generation fansubs. Why are we so undersupplied =_=;

Entropy
6th November 2003, 04:33 AM
Originally posted by Venasaur89
Really....:D

well KidsWB should air two new episodes each Saturday, since we are way behind Japan and now England.

I would disagree. The last thing I want KidsWB! to do again is go with those horrible theme weeks. If England continues their current trend, it's likely they'll be forced to watch old episodes. I personally like KidsWB! current format: nice and easy.

Gravy
6th November 2003, 05:49 AM
Meh...every Sunday is fine with me. At least I don't have to wait for ages until the contest episode is aired over here.

If England continues their current trend, it's likely they'll be forced to watch old episodes. I personally like KidsWB! current format: nice and easy.
Heh, its more likely that they'll replace it with Transformers re-runs*shudders*. Although, now that I think of it, England has had new episodes almost every weekend for the past year, excluding holidays and such. Then again, at the begining of the year we were way behind America as I recall.

Animelee
6th November 2003, 10:52 AM
Transformers Generation 01 from 1984, or Transformers Armada? Sorry for going off topic. *Nervous face*

Gravy
6th November 2003, 11:00 AM
Oh, um, that would be Armarda. I'm not really a big fan of it, so I'm never all that thrilled when they show endless re-runs @_@

Animelee
6th November 2003, 11:40 AM
Ah, Armada, I've already seen all of the episodes, hehe. I'm a big Transformers fan, and I love it as much as I love Pokemon, so I just had to know, hehe. Thanks for replying so fast. :O

Whirlpuff
6th November 2003, 06:14 PM
It looks like Ireland might overtake the US too. A Ruin With A View aired today, and the next two episodes will air next Tuesday and Thursday.

Chris 2.1
7th November 2003, 11:19 AM
I think UK fans get a new episode tommorow and/or sunday. I'm away all weekend, so if a fellow Brit could keep this up to date i'd be grateful. Thanks.

Whirlpuff
9th November 2003, 01:54 PM
A Tail With A Twist was supposed to air today, but they aired a repeat instead. :mad:
Did it air yesterday?

Chris 2.1
9th November 2003, 04:14 PM
A Tail With A Twist airs next Sunday - we get 'get the show on the road' aired a THIRD TIME on saturday! WHAT THE FLIPPIN HECK ARE THEY PLAYING AT?

Craig
12th November 2003, 10:13 AM
I think they'd show "get the show on the road" a few times especially in the beginning because some people might not watch it every day and they might be like "Wtf?? who is that girl and the little kid?" so its to kinda...introduce them to it for those who missed out..which im sure alot did.

:)

Gravy
13th November 2003, 12:22 PM
Meh, I was thinking that maybe Sky hadn't actually recieved the episode from america yet, therefore had to tweak the schedule a little.
*shrugs* But, I guess that showing it again does give those who missed a chance to figure out whats going on, although it wouldn't explain where Max came from, why Brock was back, and how Ash captured Taillow :p

Erm, anyways, seeing as this IS an episode reveiw thread, I'll post my review of:
Tail with a Twist
Heh, I loved this episode. Even the dub wasn't bad, and they kept that remix of AG when Treecko was battleing Seviper. *ahem*
First things first, Seviper's japanese voice was used an awful lot during this episode. Seriously, every time it didn't actually say 'Seviper' it was just pure Habuneeku through and through. They even kept the little 'bu!' noises Habuneeku makes and that really surprised me. Heh, can't wait to see it come out of its pokéball in another ep so it can 'bu' that little tune it always does
Anyways, original content aside, this was a great episode. Already they are expanding on Treecko's rebelious attitude and Torchic's less than intelligent escapades (was it choking on grapes there?).
The little mini-battle with Ash-tachi's pokémon and Seviper was pretty good, and shows of Seviper's strength.
Meh, TR were the heart of this episode though, with their..um..pathetic capture manuevors. But, by far the best scene is Jessie beating the proverbial crap out of the poor snake. Thats the first time I've laughed that loud at a pokémon ep for a long time XD And the expression on James and Meowth's faces were just priceless...all that terror sweat
More of Treecko's rebel side when it abandoned its bandages and took to training. I thought that was pretty admirable...reckless, but admirable none-the-less
9/10 *shrugs*

Chris 2.1
29th November 2003, 02:25 PM
Did you find the episode break a lot later than usual?

It aired 3:30 to 4:00, the break being around 3:45, but it was about 3:51, if I'm not mistaken! It was a big first half.

I loved those raspberries! They rock. Seviper rocks.

I'll edit this with my Shroomish episode reveiw.

EDIT: Taming of the Shroomish!

This episode aired this morning, and was repeated this afternoon on Sky1 Mix. I suppose it fits, because TR wanted to tame the Shroomish themselves...

Ok, the episode was pretty good for a filler. Max got on very well with Shroomish; I was surprised he didn't capture it. It was a nice Pokemon for him, too...

Shroomish's leech seed was nice, as was the stun spore. I would have liked to have seen the rockets battle, actually :s

I'd give this 8/10.

Jaffa
30th November 2003, 04:24 AM
You said a Mouthful

(I missed the beginning, but i saw most of it up to the break, and the rest)

__PROS__

- We see Pelliper for the first time. Plus we see Magby again! YAY!

- Pelliper looking slighty Schizo (when battling Pikachu for the first time) when it couldn't make it's mind up whih attack to use.

- May being able to make fun of Max about him being "wrong" about the types of attacks Pelliper could use.

- Meowth getting attacked himself in Pelliper's Beak whle trying to direct.

- Team Rocket's weird electric-proof mech-suity things...

- A good plan, well executed by TR, for a change... (Even though it did fail)

- Watching Ash get creamed... :D

- So many pokemon actually battling...

__CONS__

- Pelli's Trainer's Voice (V. Annoying)

- Typical filler storyline

- No TR Mech... Just the Meowth-Head Balloon... ;-;

IMO it's one of the better filler episodes. Has a lot of good points. A few cons, and a few dodgy things, like Pelliper's Voice... But it was nice to see Max and Ash humbled... And Pelliper, Magby and Bellsprout... :yes: :yes: :yes:

Overall 6-7/10

Gravy
30th November 2003, 06:17 AM
OK, lets take a look at todays episode. Well, to be quite honest, I really didn't like it at all. I had high hopes for the episode and from all the pictures I'd seen, it looked like it would be quite amusing. But alas, it wasn't at all what I expected.
That Pelipper trainer's voice annoyed the hell out of me. I can see why they chose that voice, but it just gave me a headache after a few minutes of hearing him blab on about his strong Pelipper. And Pelipper's voice sucked too...I'm doubting it was the original VA who did Pelippa, and if it wasn't I fail to see why they changed it..perhaps Animelee would be so kind to confirm it? ;)
Aside from the mediocre plot line and such, theres a few Haruka and Masato moments in there that made the episode more barerable and TR's plan was more devious than usual. Heh, blackmail...the ultimate weapon :rolleyes:
The trainers use of other pokémon inside Pelippers beak was a pretty sneaky strategy, and paid off quite well. Wonder if he could've got away with that in the league battles?
In conclusion, a meh episode, with only a few highlights from Haruka & sibling and some TR fun.
7/10 ...I suspect the next episode will not be too good either...but believe me, the Lotad one that is coming up soon is a breath of fresh air ;)

Chris 2.1
7th December 2003, 03:24 PM
I missed the Pelli ep :(

Was there an episode on this morning? If there was, it should have been 'A bite to remember', but I didn't think it was on :s

Arnold
8th December 2003, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Brit Chris
I missed the Pelli ep :(

Was there an episode on this morning? If there was, it should have been 'A bite to remember', but I didn't think it was on :s

A bite to remember was on..Max was annoying trying to get the Pooichyena to evolve --;;

Gravy
8th December 2003, 11:59 AM
Um, right...A Bite to Remember:
I thought it was an good episode overall. Not too special, but not too bad either, and I prefered it to the Pelipper trash we got last week.
The best scene was with Haruka imagining what Torchic would look like if it evolved. My Torchic, what big muscles you have
The whole evolution theme seemed a little overused and predictable at some parts. I think we all know how a Pikachu evolves by now, but I guess it had to be explained for the siblings.
I liked how Max was enjoying seeing pokémon up close and personal. I think thats a pretty god hint that he won't be staying home with Norman once they re-arrive back in Petalburg. Meh, I also liked the way he was so determined to help out that Poochyena. He'd make a better trainer than Ash methinks :yes:
Um...8/10

Chris 2.1
14th December 2003, 03:18 PM
DARN i missed the rerun of Poochie ep AND the Lotad episode -_-;

anybody catch it?

Gravy
14th December 2003, 03:52 PM
Oh, oh! I did :P *ahem*...sorry 'bout that >_>;

Da Lotad Lowdown
Right...I have mixed feelings about this episode.
First of all, I didn't really like the voices of either Lotad OR Natalie. Lotad doesn't sound as loveable, or infact as dense as Hasubouo sounds, which is a shame really. And was it just me, or did 8 year old Natalie sound like a grown woman? @_@ I'd even go as far as saying she sounded exactly like Haruka at parts, which kinda disturbed me...
Anyways, I love the plot of this episode for some reason. I just like the way these girls are able to get a bunch of wld Lotad to help them grow the Berry trees and flowers. I also liked the little side-story thing with Brock and Natalie, its funny when little kids half his age fall in love with him...poor, poor Brock
TR were also pretty funny today, with the whole Tamoto Berry thing. And James was a little too melo-dramtic dont you think? ^_^0
I just wish Seviper and Cacnea would get some more screentime, they hardly show up that much in these early episodes...thank god that will change as of next week.
Overall a very nice episode, and we're getting back on track. As of next week, theres going to be a plethora of good episodes ^_^ 9/10

Chris 2.1
12th January 2004, 03:57 PM
ok, been away ages. Here are the two I've watched recenmtly.

Lotad Lowdown: Fairly good. New Pogey for Brock. Hmm. Those girls were a bit weird, and TR sucked as usual but...well I liked it. I think it was nice seeing water gun, although it did resemble more of hydro pump really, judging by size. Lol. They can't learn either.

Rating - 7.5/10.

EDIT - I will edit this with the others.

Chris 2.1
13th January 2004, 11:18 AM
Gonna Rule the School!

A pretty good episode. The Godzilla-like Typhlosion made an appearence here, it was pretty kool. The funny part was seeing May slip out when the pop quiz came on! I also think Max will soon be a Tracey-like guy. His ideas were nice, but obviously water gun would have taken Magby down. Hey, its been used a lot recently......

Overall, good episode. Loved Wurmple's voice!

9/10.

Chris 2.1
24th January 2004, 07:45 AM
'Winner by a Nosepass!'

Great episode!

+Plus+
+Pikachu and Treecko battled very well
+Nosepass introduced
+Attacks very well animated, especially Rock Tomb.

-Minus-
-Brock has a point; Treecko had no grass attacks! Why can't it use absorb?
-Rock types for first Gym? Unoriginal :-p
-No Wurmple in this :(

All in all, 9.7/10. From now on, I'll give .something ratings so its eisier to compare them all. Ok? Good good. Stairway to Devon airs tomorrow (I caught this episodes repeat just this morning) so i'll post then!