PDA

View Full Version : Rate Ma GBA Team

infested_grapefruit
3rd November 2003, 07:20 PM
since I no longer have a comp (i`m at my dad`s work right now), i havent had any internet access, so I don`t really know what the really good teams are like. I picked up a copy of prima`s strat guide and made my gba team based on that. I`m not bothering to put down the ev`s or items so just assume that they`re ok.

Alakazam

psychic
fire punch
calm mind
recover

skarm

drill peck
roar
rest
spikes

i was thinking of toxic over drill peck, but nah

regi ice

toxic
t-bolt
i-beam
rest

milotic

light screen
surf
i-beam
recover

metagross

shadow ball
meteor mash
e-quake
light screen

swampert

return
e-quake
curse
rest

titandude21
3rd November 2003, 07:26 PM
Alakazam: ok

skarmory: toxic over rest

regice: only decent set

milotic: ok, consider toxic/mirror coat over light screen

metagross: agility over light screen

swampert: surf/ice beam over return or rest

no major changes needed, but nothing original here...

Caz129
10th November 2003, 09:26 PM
Why the overusage? You can not expect us to believe that you picked up a guide and made these movesets by yourself... Besides your way to standard pokemon and movesets, you have a 3x weakness to fire.

GupLoaf
10th November 2003, 09:55 PM
No recover on zam... useless with it's defenses. Calm Mind helps, but IMO really not enough. I'd go Ice Punch/ Thunder Punch over it.

infested_grapefruit
16th November 2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Caz129
Why the overusage? You can not expect us to believe that you picked up a guide and made these movesets by yourself... Besides your way to standard pokemon and movesets, you have a 3x weakness to fire.

Is it really so hard to believe? All you need is a list of move the pokes can learn, dl some base stats and have a little bit of common sense. I hate having 3x weakness to anything so thats why i have the two water types and 2 light screeners. :D

Edit: Flaming ppl for no reason is mean :no:

Sir Chris
17th November 2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by infested_grapefruit
since I no longer have a comp (i`m at my dad`s work right now), i havent had any internet access, so I don`t really know what the really good teams are like. I picked up a copy of prima`s strat guide and made my gba team based on that. I`m not bothering to put down the ev`s or items so just assume that they`re ok.

Alakazam

psychic
fire punch
calm mind
recover

skarm

drill peck
roar
rest
spikes

i was thinking of toxic over drill peck, but nah

regi ice

toxic
t-bolt
i-beam
rest

milotic

light screen
surf
i-beam
recover

metagross

shadow ball
meteor mash
e-quake
light screen

swampert

return
e-quake
curse
rest

before I begin, I would just like to note that flaming people for being unoriginal is lame... he asked for a team rate and you give him one, not some little speech and not being original, if someone did that t me I would feel very angry and kinda wondering who these people think they are, not everything can be original ya know...

Alakazam- I use this set and I use it well, good for regices who try to player hate on calm mind alakazam 8). But you might want to invest in thunder punch over recover sometime if it doesn't help, however, if the set works out for you, then its all okie dokie, just telling you for advanced purposes if you need some more help in the future

skarmory- works just fien for me, althogh toxic over drill peck isnt such a bad idea, but as always, watch out for silly fa.. I mean magneton

regice- the standard and best set for it at the moment, yup yup

Milotic- I personally like to see mirror coat on him, can survive calm minded alakazam and dish the damage back to him 8). ome guy caught me by surprised when I was in hurry up alakazam offense and I never saw it coming, maybe some other people get like that and you can perhaps catch them offguard, if not, at the very least, have toxic in there

metagross- toxic over light screen, its good for silly wobbies as otto would point out, and go with choice band for your item btw

swampert- I wouldnt go with curse but thats ok, make sure to have surf or ice beam over return, ice beam for salas is nice

have a nice day sir

~ Chris

Caz129
17th November 2003, 03:27 PM
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to flame. The point I was trying to make was that the movesets and/or pokemon choices did not really need to be rated. They are all standard sets, and anybody can see this is a well constructed team that would pose a challenge to anybody. The 3x weakness to fire isn't even a problem, considering both water pokes and Regice's sky high Special defense. The only thing I left out in my first post is that this is a very good team, I personally don't like the standardism.

Sir Chris
17th November 2003, 03:28 PM
Well, I can see your point and agree with you to a degree, but standards are standar for a reason, and even though this team is well standard, the standards are always evolving and getting improvement, so although his are standards, there is still room for growth in a rapidly changing meta game like r/s.

Caz129
17th November 2003, 03:34 PM
This is true, I always forget what is standard today may not be so standard tomorrow. Thank you, Sir Chris, for leading me to this insight.