PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Best counter for bliss/skarm teams

Sir Chris
3rd November 2003, 07:56 PM
I will go with zappy, with t-wave and t-bolt/drill peck it can truly slice and dice a pokemon team to bits, as well as blissey and skarmory, close second to tyranitar.

Kari and Mewtwo
3rd November 2003, 08:16 PM
I'm gonna hafta say FB Snorlax or FB Machamp. Zappy can get the **** beat out of it by bliss's 3hko icebeam, yet drillpeck is only a 3hko itself providing blissey doesnt use softboiled. Tyranitar's Rock slide is also a 3hko providing blissey doesnt softboiled or counter. Snorlax can very easily 2hko blissey with Doubleedge, and fireblast will 2hko skarm. Machamp can very easily OHKO blissey with CC, and fireblast will 2hko skarm. Then again, the whole concept of switching makes a huge difference in this scenario.

titandude21
3rd November 2003, 08:20 PM
I voted for Buzz and its CC/T-Bolt combo (esp. when CC CH's). Zapdos is also deadly against Skarm/Bliss, but I've tested its Drill Peck, and it does around 30% damage... Bliss can softboiled that w/ little prob.

Kari and Mewtwo
3rd November 2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by titandude21
Zapdos is also deadly against Skarm/Bliss, but I've tested its Drill Peck, and it does around 30% damage... Bliss can softboiled that w/ little prob.

Zappy can always t-wave bliseey, which does a few things.

Forces it to use Heal Bell & Softboiled, thus wasting it of PP

or

Force to take the risk of not being able to attack 25% of the time.

your choice. T-tar is the same thing.

Gligar_Man
3rd November 2003, 09:17 PM
drill peck doesnt do enough to blissey to worry it too much...

im gonna have to say while buzz is a fine counter, no one falls for it... dpunch draggy will catch a few nubs offguard, X(

but in the hands of a good person bliss/skarm is a pain to take down...

oh well, any curser w/fblast/bolt will do them well enough

so ummm, imma have to say dpunch slowbro... for the sake of arguing...

HedgeCat
3rd November 2003, 10:57 PM
Electabuss with Cross Chop/Fire Punch and Thunder Wave.

SilverPersian
4th November 2003, 03:00 AM
Persian@leftovers
frustration
thunder
screech
hypnosis

:yes:

GotMiltank
4th November 2003, 08:22 AM
Blissey doesn't really stay in to fight... like ever... neither does skarmory really. They usually just come in to absorb the attack and (hbell/wwind). They may give off one attack or two, but they are not gonna stay in to fight, especially against the likes of tyranitar or electabuzz. And on that note, let's remember that while skarmory/blissey may play a huge part in their team (stalling... yay...), there are 4 other pokemon that they can switch to, and likely those pokemon will be there to cover whatever skarmory/blissey can't.

Also, Zapdos is one lame-*** blissey counter; it's usually blissey wins that war.

And yes, fire blast on lax covers it's weaknesses nicely, but then it'll be missing a quake/curse/rest, which some might argue would knock it down a peg in the usefulness scale.

Hmm... if your special attacker can handle blissey's attacks, there shouldn't really be any problem with blissey. Especially if you have ice beam... people usually freak out at the first sight of it touching blissey and cringe at the thought of their precious belling pokemon getting frozen (unless it's a water pokemon and blissey has bolt).

How I beat Blissey and Skarmory: I have nobody on my team they can switch in against... blissey's easy, because all my pokemon could blow up in it's face at any time, and the majority of them are physical attackers (muk/lax/steelix), or inflict status ailments (cloyster's ice beam/eggy's sleep powder/gengar's ice punch). And skarmory couldn't touch muk/lax with their fire blasts, cloyster with his naturally skarmory eating ability, gengar with his krazy tbolt, eggy with his sleep powder (well, maybe eggy, but not like skarmory is gonna make any of my pokemon flinch...) or steelix (though steelix can't hit skarmory, skarmory can't do squat to him and steelix can roar better than skarmory can whirlwind: and with spikes out and a curse up, there'll be a lotta roar/spikes damage going around if skarmory keeps showing up to try and stop steelix.

Right, give things fblast, tis the usual anti-skarmory move for physical attackers. :yes:

Sir Chris
4th November 2003, 03:06 PM
well, the reason I said zappy was so good was because of my personal experience that zappy 0wns blissey. But you guys have to remember, I am very lucky, so that plays a part in it

~ Chris

Strider
4th November 2003, 07:49 PM
I go with T-tar. I've had good success taking Chanseys and Skarms out with this guy.

That was either with a few good rock slides or an APed rock slide or two, after some wearing down from other switches.

Pokefan Stock
12th November 2003, 01:29 AM
K&M: DP 4hkos blissey. IB 4hkos zapdos. Double Edge is a 3hko. Please get yuor facts straigt.

Anyway, zapdos twave drill peck can ONLY work if they dont send in ground or soemthing tanky [umbreon snorlax etc.] to take the par.

A thing every team should have is a swords dancer. sandslash [praying they have no suicine =( ], tentacruel etc.. If not, you can use curser that is > skarm + twave water [which will usually get blissey]. Belly drum is a good way aswell [although bellydrum lax is cheap ;[ ].

GotMiltank
12th November 2003, 09:17 AM
*bops Pokefan Stock*

Bellydrum lax isn't cheap, u g00b.

And the 25% chance of FP isn't usually gonna stop Blissey from KOing zapdos. Zapdos would have to rest if it wanted to take Blissey one-on-one, which would usually then give the upper hand to blissey, as all it needs to do is softboiled to keep in the game.

And most cursers can rox skarm if they have fire blast. :yes:

Mr.E
13th November 2003, 12:04 AM
2 DP and Blissey will have to Softboiled, earlier if they're cautious against an inopportune FP. With such frequent healing (After the first 3-4 turns, eveery other turn most likely) and occasional FPs Zapdos can take Blissey so long as it survives the initial few turns.

Green_Pikachu
14th November 2003, 04:40 PM
depending on the point in the battle, zapdos could sweep a blissey, and the other way around. the only sure way to counter skarm/bliss has been said already. fb lax. or fb champ. whatever serves your team better. hell, go with both.

Pokefan Stock
23rd November 2003, 04:25 AM
*bops Got Miltank*

sure it is, silly =[

Since when could a blissey KO a zapdos? o_O Ice beam?... lol
Zapdos will ko blissey faster than blissey will ko zapdos, especially if the blissey is paralyzed. LIke I said, use tunder wave on the water, which will presumably hit blissey, and go from there.

Jesus... FB snorlax or machamp is the *only* sure way? For a start, blissey can stall out snorlax with growl. And machamp is easily contered.

Try thinking outside the box for a change. Something like jynx, tbolt missy, tentacruel, etc. can all own them. Curse + paralyze also works. Curse/roar normal is a very popular way.

However it seems that most of you guys are still using those boring tbolt/icebeam blisseys and curse skarmorys.

SupremeChampion
23rd November 2003, 04:03 PM
i'll go with t-tar. so much versatility that it can take out both w/ one moveset.

~The Italian Stallion

GoldDraconian
29th November 2003, 09:03 AM
In an unexpected move, I'll actually post.

Machamp is a pretty good counter to Blisskarm combos... As I recall, it can 3HKO skarm (or so) with Cross Chop, so even if Skarmory comes in to 'absorb' a 'chop, it's going to go down fairly quickly. Unless you get bad accuracy luck, Skarm is going to have to Rest (reducing the pressure on Machamp because it's obviously not getting Pecked) or actually switch out from a physical attacker even if said attacker isn't Blasting.

Comedy Electabuzz/Magmar/Tyranitar/Dragonite/Machamp/Zapdos option also works. Other guys that can be thrown in there include Gyarados, HP Electric Golduck, and Dynamicpunch Gengar are all potential alternatives to the above.