PDA

View Full Version : Effort Values

rinku
30th December 2002, 05:44 PM
Thanks to all concerned for the effort value listing, but I'd like to know if anyone yet has worked out how effort is allocated when more than one pokémon is involved in a battle? Is it simply divided between them and fractions dropped? That would mean no effort would be earned for two pokémon vs a stage 1 opponent, or for 3 vs a stage 2 one.

Oddish17
30th December 2002, 07:05 PM
I would assume it works just like getting experience in 2v2 battles. When one of your pokemon faints the opposing pokemon, then they get the experience and the Effort Value points. It's just a guess, but it makes sense to me.

rinku
30th December 2002, 07:46 PM
Mmm... in a 2 vs 2 battle the experience is still split between the pokémon used that haven't fainted. Where have you seen different?

Oddish17
30th December 2002, 11:00 PM
Really? I could have sworn in that 2v2 against the little girls, that the experience was given to the pokemon that knocked out one of the opposing pokemon. I don't remember it being shared, but I guess I could be wrong. That's the only 2v2 battle I played, though, as I didn't play the games a lot.

rinku
30th December 2002, 11:19 PM
I'm pretty sure experience is split, I've been recording all the details of my battles to try to get an accurate record of effort. The last twin battle I did (Route 113) was vs a Purusuru and a Mainan, and I only used my initial two pokémon. I've written down 205 experience earned each for each of the opponents
(820 earned in total). They were both Lv16, and I definitely earned 385 each against an earlier trainer who used level 15 ones in sequence, so the numbers look right.

BUT

I have no direct evidence to say if effort is allocated under the same rules as experience.

rinku
2nd January 2003, 12:32 AM
I've done a bit of number crunching on my records of battles and profiles, and I can *almost* confirm that each pokémon that gets experience from a battle gets the full effort value for the pokémon depeated. Either that or that the EV is distributed evenly and rounded up.

I'll keep you posted. I'm not going out of my way to set up test cases yet, so the process is a tad slow.