PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] some worthless RMT i'm only posting for nostalgia

Clicky Pen
4th November 2003, 03:42 PM
yeah, i'm done, but i still :heart: my old team. So, how would it do by todays standards? And just for reference, I'd hope to not be battling with or against the standard whores such as cloyster, bliss, and the like.

Scizor @miracleberry
Rest/SD/Steel Wing/Double edge
~He lols at spikers' explosions. Sets up nicely too.

Arcanine @miracleberry
rest/fire blast/body slam/hp grass
~I wub arcanine, so I had to use him. Dead sexy.

Steelix @ lefties
Roar/quake/kersplode/rock slide
~Psuedohazer, eats things that may become troublesome. Wasn't a standardwhore last I knew.

Meganium @lefties
Light screen/leech seed/body slam/synthesis
~Yeah, there's a huge fire weakness, but this is for fun. That's the only reason I've ever played.

Quagsire @mint berry
rest/sleep talk/quake/surf
~I need water++

Dodrio @miracleberry
HAIPAR BEEM/tri attack/endure/flail
~Just so i could use haiper baem. I've always liked him, too.

kthx.

Number1ChanseyFan
4th November 2003, 10:10 PM
Scizor-Ok, although I prefer HP Bug over Steel Wing. :)

Arcanine's set is ok, something like Sunny Day or Curse would work nicely, perhaps over HP Grass or Rest.

Steelix's set is ok, but Curse or Body Slam would work good in replacement of Rock Slide.

Meganium-Very good, Razor Leaf is an option over Body Slam.

Quagsire's moveset is very good.

Dodrio-Meh, it's got 3 Normal type attacks!! Drill Peck over Hyper Beam, and Agility over Tri Attack.

Overall: Well, as you have already noted, your team has a 3x weakness to Fire types (Scizor, Steelix, and Meganium) Fire Pokémon aren't overly common in teams, but fire type moves are. Also, considering all of the resters that are in your team, a Heal Beller would help you out quite a bit for some bellresting.

Green_Pikachu
14th November 2003, 04:47 PM
oh my god no any high special attack water pokemon with ice beam. :( better yet, how about a moltres?

anyway, yeah its ok, i guess. just really glaring weaknesses. extra super duper bonus points for using arcanine. you should use a water on their SOMEWHERE. maybe? one that isn't part ground and has bad sd perhaps. ;0

Strider
14th November 2003, 08:43 PM
I would prefer Iron Tail on Steelix and Drill Peck somewhere on 'drio. On the other note, the team would do well now if you play your cards right, I'd suppose.

But overall the team is good, aside from those weaknesses noted before. :no:

Green_Pikachu
27th December 2003, 07:18 AM
Scizor @miracleberry
Rest/SD/Steel Wing/Double edge

uh...yeah, maybe? i don't like either of the attacks. i don't understand the resting. it can't take a special attack at all. the most common special attacks are ice/water/electric. And granted it is resistant to ice, but most ice moves are from water pokemon who also have a water move. I just think scizor was so overrated in the metagame.

Arcanine @miracleberry
rest/fire blast/body slam/hp grass

well, it's crap, but since he's your favorite, that's probably the best you can do.

Steelix @ lefties
Roar/quake/kersplode/rock slide

rock slide won't do much without curse. if you want rslide, you really should have curse as well. i dunno, that's just always been my belief.

Meganium @lefties
Light screen/leech seed/body slam/synthesis

i don't like synthesis. it won't help that much, really. it's the red-headed stepchild of recovery moves. go with giga drain even, or razor leaf.

Quagsire @mint berry
rest/sleep talk/quake/surf

yes, good. very good.

Dodrio @miracleberry
HAIPAR BEEM/tri attack/endure/flail

yeah. it's cool. sure. BUT NO DRILL PECK?! get that over tri attack plz.

it's cool for a fun team. yeah, you have the fire weakness, but like you said, you really don't care. not much special attacking. maybe a REAL water pokemon would help this team more than quagy, as much as i like it. perhaps a SLOWBRO? slowbro rules. just a few problems with the pokemon choice, but hey, they're your favorites. it's all good.