PDA

View Full Version : PSP Revealed!

Razola
4th November 2003, 06:00 PM
Well, the current concept art is. (http://pocket.ign.com/articles/457/457945p1.html)

It's a slick little number, I must say, but something seems a little off there. I don't like how flat it is. An SP design would've also been nicer. Folding is alwas sexy!

But this is concept art, so who knows what changes will occur.

woz
4th November 2003, 06:14 PM
i don't like how the "d-pad" curves down towards the edge. other than that it looks good.

SuperLedian
4th November 2003, 06:51 PM
it looks real, real slick. i may just get it just to look at it all day. :D

i agree with woz on that the curviture needs to be fixed. that'll be sort of a werid texture.

Folding SP is > tho. 8)

The Muffin Man
4th November 2003, 07:30 PM
Thank god it's only concept art...

Well, thank god it's Sony too. Hopefully they'll be able to make amazing games to beyond making me question my sanity by gazing upon the design.

Lezta
5th November 2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Thank god it's only concept art...

Well, thank god it's Sony too. Hopefully they'll be able to make amazing games to beyond making me question my sanity by gazing upon the design.

Sony... good... games?

wtf.

Bah, the Playstation bored me overall, the Playstation 2 hasn't even got interesting enough to warrant me buying it and I have a feeling I won't want this either.

en0miz
5th November 2003, 07:27 PM
With that large and unprotected screen, the PSP will be dealt the same fate as the original GBA - scratches and smudges galore. They really need to just steal SP's folding design. :wave: I also don't like the look of the Direction pad.

red13n
5th November 2003, 08:49 PM
Even though I know nothing about it, there is one thing I can definitely say. "At least its better than the N-Gage."

kalad1
8th November 2003, 10:43 AM
I say "BAH, GBA all the way" any portable system should use cartridges because of their durability anyways and besides, how the hell are they gonna knock Nintendo off the throne of portables?

Yoh Asakura
10th November 2003, 06:54 PM
I'm glad that it's concept art. I think it looks bloody terrible lol =]

Don't even go there with the N-gage ;D PSP gonna blow it away =D

Nintendo should be scared =(

bakahams7er
10th November 2003, 07:03 PM
looks pretty good to me, other than the power button being so close to the dpad.

SageofLaughter
11th November 2003, 01:46 PM
I'm interested in knowing the size of the thing, but judging by the string it seems pretty compact.

The only problem I can see is that it's probably going to suffer from the same screen-scratching problems as the original GBA.

Despite the fact that the power button just SCREAMS "HIT ME IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME =D", I'm impressed so far.

kurai
11th November 2003, 02:18 PM
It looks alright, but I think they might want to add a secondary case for the front of the unit, so that it matches the back and looks sleek (as well as protecting the screen). The power button problem would probably be solved by requiring that you hold it down for several seconds before it shuts off. I'm more curious about what its actual dimensions will be.

Ultimate Pikachu
13th November 2003, 06:48 PM
It looks HIDEOUS! I hate Sony, wait, I always have. They shouldn't even have wasted their time. Nintendo is and most likely always be king of portable games. I think Nintendo is kig of all games:yes:. It looks almost as pointless as N-Gage.

Yoh Asakura
13th November 2003, 08:07 PM
Indeed. Especially since the Playstation was going to be an add-on for the Snes but they stole it =x