PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] The Lax killer

Kari and Mewtwo
4th November 2003, 10:09 PM
Who would you think is the best FB lax killer (notice how i said FB lax and not curselax, seeing as skarm or any other psuedohazer can own curselax).

IMO i have to say Machamp. CC can 2HKO it, while a double-edge from lax is a 3hko. Lax is pretty much screwed against machamp unless it switches out, which is usually the first instinct.

SilverPersian
4th November 2003, 10:52 PM
To cover any snorlax I use tyranitar/skarmory/suicune. Most of the time one of those three screws over lax :[

Tyranitar is best for fire blast laxes, unless they do not have curse but have earthquake, in which case I'd use suicune to toxic kill.

bme
4th November 2003, 10:55 PM
Machamp definantly. There's those Self Destruct equiped Snorlax's to watch out for. I also like Suicune due to its resistance to fire, high defense, and Curse.

Sir Chris
5th November 2003, 06:44 AM
Mssy is a BAT OUT OF HELL I SAY! and I voted for it. with fb lax, what can lax do to missy? eq it? it doesnt fear a non cursed eq very much, once its trapped, perish songed, and missy has a garunteed one protect under its belt, its already over. and SelfD ant touch missy. I think sometimes people underestimate missy in-battle, it costs them :yes:

~ Chris

jet1213
5th November 2003, 10:40 AM
i'd have to agree with chris.

you'd have to be pretty dumb to keep a snorlax in against a missy tho :/

also, magmar/buzz? how are they even an option? i know they can get cross chop, but snorlax equake chews them up and spits them out.

[McGraw]
5th November 2003, 11:02 AM
Counter killed more Snorlax than cross chop ever did when I used Buzz...

jet1213
5th November 2003, 11:24 AM
owned by graw

;-;

edit: but can a buzz survive an equake from lax?

Sir Chris
5th November 2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by jet1213
owned by graw

;-;

edit: but can a buzz survive an equake from lax?

it can in fact survive any nn stabbed eq IIRC, go figure O_o

HedgeCat
5th November 2003, 11:42 AM
Electabuzz.

titandude21
5th November 2003, 07:10 PM
Machamp is obviously the best lax killer 1-on-1. Missy is the best on a team. I voted other b/c my choice would be Primeape... definitely UU and underrated, and if used correctly, can set up endure/reversal against some laxes. defenses are low though, and primeape is risky to switch into.

Pokefan Stock
6th November 2003, 04:03 AM
Misdreavus is really the only thing here that can beat that snorlax. Snorlax can just own machamp on the switches.

Gligar_Man
6th November 2003, 03:54 PM
no one has mentionned any of these duders....

aerodactyl... yeah aeros sexy like that
psych up cune...
but my favorite way of delaing with laxes is sand attackbreon... mostly theyll switch out and the threat is averted, but if they stay in, sand attack can easily give them a hard time, then you can trap-pass to someone w/psych up, or another curser... or curse/roar duder... it makes for some quick matches... if they decide not to just bring out there psuedohazer on umbreon anyways...

SupremeChampion
8th November 2003, 06:29 AM
i think 'champ is prolly the best all around. it could prolly do the job in two turns, max, maybe less. that's my opinion.

~The Italian Stallion

Green_Pikachu
14th November 2003, 04:43 PM
charmbreon owns every single physical attacker that is not super effective against it in the game. who else can say THAT? well, im sure a few others can, i just didnt bother to stop and think. heracross and machamp are essentially the only ou pokemon that it should fear. so, charmbreon > lax any day of the week. and 2,000 times on sunday.

Mr.E
15th November 2003, 02:20 AM
Charmbreon doesn't work on Swords Dance _________.