PDA

View Full Version : Is one HAZE better then no HAZE even if it will wipe your own stat boosts?

Bacl
5th November 2003, 05:49 PM
Here's my problem.

I've got a kickin' MASQUERAIN who knows SILVER WIND and BUBBLEBEAM. It also knows HAZE and MIST. Either HAZE or MIST has to go to make room for AERIAL ACE.

BUBBLEBEAM lowers the enemy's speed often, and SILVER WIND raises all my stats often, so HAZE is not the best thing for my MASQUERAIN to be dishing out. Unfortunatly my MASQUERAIN is the only HAZER on my team, and I can't really find an alternate HAZER.

So it's either HAZE on this, or no HAZE at all.

Is it better to keep it on the MASQUERAIN? Because if you think about it, I am not forced to use it, but if the situation arises where I need to pull it out to do a HAZE, or whatever, then at least the move is there.

On the other hand, MIST with its stat-protecting ability is also quite nice.

What do y'all think? Many, many thanks, in advance.

Misty
5th November 2003, 06:14 PM
You're welcome.

Also both moves are useless, as is masquerain itself ;( and haze removes sexy intimidate.

titandude21
5th November 2003, 07:03 PM
if you have haze on a pokemon, the objective is to wipe away the opp's stat boosts when you have neutral or negative stat changes. therefore, it'd be wise to put it on a pokemon that does not know an attack that can boost your stats. so if you want haze on masquerain, go with HP bug over silver wind or don't have a bug attack at all.

Gligar_Man
6th November 2003, 10:23 AM
masquerain in most cases should not be used as a hazer, nor a phys attacker, :\

Animelee
6th November 2003, 11:45 AM
Well, it has Intimidate and Silver Wind, so, I would say that Haze would have to go to another Pokemon.

Bacl
6th November 2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
Well, it has Intimidate and Silver Wind, so, I would say that Haze would have to go to another Pokemon.

I guess so. So I guess it's a MASQUERAIN (lonely) with:

SILVER WIND
AERIAL ACE
BUBBLEBEAM
ICE BEAM

titandude21
6th November 2003, 06:40 PM
i'd go w/ hydro pump, ice beam, stun spore, attract/whirlwind