PDA

View Full Version : Nozupasu - what's the trick?

rinku
30th December 2002, 05:59 PM
I know it's found in the Rock Cave, and probably has something to do with the mysterious stone there, but I can't seem to do anything. Do I need a TM/HM, or a badge, or a free slot, or what?

Nathan
30th December 2002, 06:21 PM
WAIT! There's a mysterious stone there? I've been looking for Nozupazu too, but I can't seem to find it. Is there only one? :confused:

Nathan
30th December 2002, 07:23 PM
Okay, They answered the question at gamefaqs. You know when your kinda deep in the cave and there are smashable rocks? Just smash those and nozupasu will eventually appear. It seems like it's pretty rare though >_<

rinku
30th December 2002, 07:41 PM
Thanks! I just found that out over at Pokémon Forever - Meowth has put up complete encounter lists.

Dunno what that big grey rock is then. You do get text when you face it and click the "A" button.

Madelyn151
30th December 2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by rinku
Dunno what that big grey rock is then. You do get text when you face it and click the "A" button.

IT'S THE ROUTE TO JOHTO/KANTO!!!!!!

...sorry.

this wasn't spam...

Azura Stardust
30th December 2002, 08:52 PM
Sorry to burst the bubble, but all you get when you rpess that rock is an ether or something.

Dave
31st December 2002, 02:19 PM
Nozupasu can only be found by smashing rocks.

About the rocks - dunno what the first one is, but (now I have the patch), I can tell you that up the Mud Slope and over the cracks is an Item Ball (Rare Candy), and another strange rock (Everstone).

Polaris
31st December 2002, 04:14 PM
I dont get why people like this thing so much.

It has really good defense and that's it. So it gets some good moves. It has pathetic stats in everything but Defense and SD.

rinku
1st January 2003, 08:58 PM
Ahhh, It's just a cutie!

Besides, gotta fill out the 'dex!

Chrisodeo
1st January 2003, 09:50 PM
Well, it has good Def, which provides some protection against Ground, Steel, & Fighting. Who would send out a physical attacker against 130 base Defense? Plus, it learns Electric Attacks to counter its Water weakness. It won't necessarily do much attacking head-on, with its low, low Spl Atk & no stab, but it can give said Water a bit of a 'shock' (pardon the pun..). It has the potential to become underused, too.

rinku
1st January 2003, 11:43 PM
Both its possible characteristics are useful, too, though "Solid" (no one-hit KO's) is common to rocky types. "Magnetism" is interesting though, since it stops Steel types from running. On the other hand, since Steel is super-effective vs Rock, is this a good thing anyway?

Chrisodeo
2nd January 2003, 12:11 AM
Steel moves hardly ever get used. As of now, there's only 5 damage-causing steel moves. Two are almost never used (Metal Claw & Iron Tail), one is rarely used (Steel Wing), one is learned only by the new Mew (Ruin Wish), and the other is only learned by the Clefairy and Danbaru lines.

Polaris
2nd January 2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by rinku
Ahhh, It's just a cutie!

Besides, gotta fill out the 'dex!

Why would you feel the 'dex in teh Japanese version? You do know some pokemon are exclusive to one version of the game.

If you have a cart, and speak japanese quite well, I can pretty much understand. otherwise, it's poinless, since you'll have to go over the whole thing again in a couple of months,

RaZoR LeAf
2nd January 2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Polaris
I dont get why people like this thing so much.

It has really good defense and that's it. So it gets some good moves. It has pathetic stats in everything but Defense and SD.

Not everyone chooses pokemon based entirely on stats. If they did, every team would be the same.

BTW anyone know genrally what level they are when you encounter them.

Polaris
2nd January 2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by RaZoR LeAf
Not everyone chooses pokemon based entirely on stats. If they did, every team would be the same.

BTW anyone know genrally what level they are when you encounter them.

No, there're many pokemon equel in stats. What's important is good move compatibility, and good stats in the required categories (like, if you only use special, you dont need attack), and of course, personal prefference, and even looks. This pokemon seems to have good moves, but lacks attack/special attack for using them. IMO, it makes it rather useless.

rinku
2nd January 2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Polaris
Why would you feel the 'dex in teh Japanese version? You do know some pokemon are exclusive to one version of the game.

If you have a cart, and speak japanese quite well, I can pretty much understand. otherwise, it's poinless, since you'll have to go over the whole thing again in a couple of months,

Oh yah, I'm not worried about *really* completing the 'dex on the emulator, but I was speaking more in general for when I get the English cart. But I still like to fill the 'dex as much as I can.

Azura Stardust
3rd January 2003, 02:11 AM
RaZoR LeAf: Not entirely sure, Meowth's site says. But I think it should be around the same level as all the other pokemon in that cave.