PDA

View Full Version : Look Look Look! Now Now Now! Hot Hot Hot!!

Pages : [1] 2

Mikey
5th September 2003, 02:45 PM
Well, according to serebii.net (this is not 100% confirmed), a Japanese magazine stated that Nintendo is developing Pokemon Red and Green remade for the Gameboy Advance. The game will feature updated sprites and graphics and much more. This is also rumored to be how R/S will get the original 151 as we have only seen G/S/C Pokemon in colluseium. Enjoy, and discuss your thoughts. This idea would rock!

EDIT

As you can probably tell, I have merged all the FR/LG topics into one and stickyfied it at the top of the page. Everything is in some kind of order, basically just grouped in the original topic parts. Atleast now we can save on having small topics everywhere. And also on Swamperts misleading titles.

~RzLf

Dragon_Claw
5th September 2003, 02:49 PM
I just read it, and I like the collosseum idea better. This is just a waste of money if you ask me, I already played Red/Blue

Kari and Mewtwo
5th September 2003, 03:01 PM
im too lazy to repost the reasons why the RGBY remakes would not be R/S compatable, but go over to the topic in the R/S forum to find em.

RaZoR LeAf
5th September 2003, 03:28 PM
Well if it's true it sound like a well cool idea. If there's anyway to get people re-interesed in RBY this would be it. Thanks for that news Mikey.

woz
5th September 2003, 03:30 PM
it would be alright if they updated it and added quite a few new features.

RaZoR LeAf
5th September 2003, 03:35 PM
Kari & Mewtwo, allow me

1.) RGBY had only special, while R/S's spl.atk & spl.def DVs are independent of each other unlike RGBYGSC
2.) R/S has the EV system. RGBY does not. If it were R/S compatable, it would somehow have to figure out how to combine spl.atk & spl.def EVs into one stat
3.) most of the popular RGBY moves would be messed up in the above statement, since they'd have to add spl.atk & spl.def. This could render tobybro and such useless.
4.) RGBY had 16 possible values for each of its 4 DVs (HP DV was dependent on the other 4). R/S has 32 possible values for 6 independent DVs.

Assuming the game is going to updated in order to trade then the game would have the same build. It wouldn't be a port with improved graphics, it would be stupid to revert back to 1 special stat, no EVs and what not. It's assumed that these will exist.

Trainer_BluE
6th September 2003, 03:14 AM
It's been comfirmed. :)

Amphie
6th September 2003, 12:27 PM
I really like this idea:) i would love to see screens from that game. It have to be really interesting. You know, I thought about this same thing =O R/B/Y for GBA. I see, Nintendo has similar idea. Hehehe.

Moonlight Espeon
12th September 2003, 08:19 PM
This is a VERY good thing IMO. One reason is, RBY doesn't get credit for what a good game it really is. It's better than people say it is, really. Just because it has a few stray pixels in the Pokemon's picture doesn't mean the game sucks >/ I mean, be honest, RBY had the best storyline and the best Pokemon of all the games; it had the best gyms also; and it had the best characters. The only thing that would be really cool is if Brock and Misty actually travelled with you. XD

So yeah, I think these remakes will be good games. I'm looking forward to renting it. :)

BlueKecleon
13th September 2003, 12:16 AM
The first screenshot has been released.

http://www.serebii.net/red_green/start-battle.jpg

Animelee
13th September 2003, 02:29 AM
Pokemon Forever has just updated with more detailed info on the games. Check the update section. :)

User-Name
14th September 2003, 08:18 PM
My prays have been answered. Ever since G/S/C, I've wanted an updated version of R/B/Y.
This is going to be great. It'll be even better if they haven't changed to much from the original game.
I am going to buy this game. I hope it can live up to the original.

Fossil Kabutops
21st September 2003, 02:44 PM
Nintendo has given a site! of the new game!:

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/fireleaf.html

Moonlight Espeon
21st September 2003, 07:04 PM
Good. So they finally confirmed it. I've waited for this for a very long time, since RBY was the best game series... :x *shuts up before he gets flamed*

I will definitely buy this game. Or at least rent it from Blockbuster. xD

SWAMPERT1
4th October 2003, 11:59 PM
Well i just hope we get an english Green Version.

Mikey
5th October 2003, 11:15 AM
I cannot wait for this game now. Seeing the few sceen shots they have makes me remember how obsessed I was with Red version. I will defintly by it because it will bring me back to my 6th grades years. Ahh, the memories....

mudkip007
5th October 2003, 01:42 PM
The memories are coming back to me too! I can't wait!

Fossil Kabutops
11th October 2003, 11:20 AM
I'm looking forward to see the R/B gym leaders in R/S sprites!:D
Misty, Brock etc, and of coures also ash's new sprite! I allready have seen ash's sprite out of battle, but I mean IN the battles.:D

Fossil Kabutops
13th October 2003, 10:56 AM
Here it is:
http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/updates/images/female.jpg

I think she looks rather nice, but I don't really like the hat:P

woz
13th October 2003, 11:36 AM
it's alright i guess. i'd be more interested in seeing the sprite.

Fossil Kabutops
13th October 2003, 12:44 PM
Yes, I'm also looking forward to the sprite, because here you only can see her head and shoulders.

Btw, I'm also looking forward to the sprites of the gym leaders :yes:

Charizard04621
14th October 2003, 06:50 PM
Lol I like her hair. Her hat also looks cute on her.

Green_Pikachu
15th October 2003, 01:35 AM
im really excited for this game. ill probably pick the girl first, since i did that in every game that the girl was available (even though i'm a guy).

SWAMPERT1
15th October 2003, 06:46 PM
Well if you look at THIS! (http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/updates/images/flw_testing.jpg) picture, the trainer on the right is the new male trainer. an guess what.... IT'S NOT ASH/RED!!!:o what are your oppinions of the new trainers looks? Mine= LIKE IT!

Moonlight Espeon
15th October 2003, 07:28 PM
..I'm not saying the picture isn't cool or anything, but the new male trainer wouldn't be Ash. Then, it would just get old and repetitive.
I don't like the girl's clothes much, they look a bit too "on the farm" for me. I'd prefer something a bit more modern, :\

Mikachu Yukitatsu
17th October 2003, 02:44 AM
*Comes to RBY forum for fun because he hasn't read those posts for ages and notices he could perhaps post a reply*

Originally posted by Aquatic Fury
..I'm not saying the picture isn't cool or anything, but the new male trainer wouldn't be Ash. Then, it would just get old and repetitive.
I don't like the girl's clothes much, they look a bit too "on the farm" for me. I'd prefer something a bit more modern, :\

Well, this is a remake for an old game, so old-fashioned clothes fit well if you look at it this way:)

And in MY opinion, the boy looks like Ash about as much as he did in the original, and that's enough. I think they have came up with a great compromise.

Fossil Kabutops
17th October 2003, 08:42 AM
yeah, I've seen this pic allready, but I think it's cool, they use new characters.:D Maybe we'll get a new story-line also, because it would be very strange if the new boy, would be in the exact same story as ash/red.:P

Btw, I like the girl's look. First when there was only a pic of her head, I tought that the hat looked a bit stupid, but now that I've seen her totally, I think it fits very wel :yes:

Moonlight Espeon
18th October 2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Mikachu Yukitatsu
*Comes to RBY forum for fun because he hasn't read those posts for ages and notices he could perhaps post a reply*

Well, this is a remake for an old game, so old-fashioned clothes fit well if you look at it this way:)

And in MY opinion, the boy looks like Ash about as much as he did in the original, and that's enough. I think they have came up with a great compromise.

True, it is a remake, so old fashioned clothes WOULD work well. I didn't think of that.

I think it's quite interesting to wonder about what the game will be like, since it is pretty much a mystery to us. The cities may change, there may be new buildings, a new Pokemon/legend thrown in, or new adventures. I hope they do something with Pokeopolis :| Anybody remember that episode? It was awesome.

Also, I agree with your earlier statement. It does look exactly like Ash with a slightly different face. The clothes are much like Ash's new ones (his new outfit for Pokemon Advanced). But hey, at least it's a new character.

SWAMPERT1
20th October 2003, 06:59 PM
i was actally looking for pokemon colosseum pictures when i stumbled across ->THIS<- (http://filb.yagb.de/images/news/20031015_lf.jpg):o also the release dat in japan for FR/LG is going to be January 2004. The release date for the english version of COLOSSEUM is going to be in march so i was thinking is this when they will also release FR/LF in english
? What are your thoughts on this. Mine are the following, THIS ROCKS!:yes:

woz
20th October 2003, 07:41 PM
...such high quality. looks to be another pallet town shot and this time it has the girl sprite. it's better than nothing, though.

Genesis
21st October 2003, 06:36 AM
The guy looks like Richie from the animé series, who Ash met at the Pokémon League and lost to.

Moonlight Espeon
21st October 2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by woz
...such high quality. looks to be another pallet town shot and this time it has the girl sprite. it's better than nothing, though.

Yeah. Very good quality picture and graphic-wise, but as you said it does look just like routes 2/3 from Pallet Town->Viridian City.

Hey, if it comes out early enough, maybe I'll get FR/LG for my birthday! xD And maybe even Colisseum for Easter :o
(I'm probably getting a GameCube for Christmas)

Hiro
21st October 2003, 07:39 PM
I don't even think the main character is ash.......

http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/updates/images/flw_testing.jpg

Hiro
21st October 2003, 07:51 PM
take a look at this.... http://user.yagb.de/meowth346/updates/images/flw_testing.jpg

Moonlight Espeon
21st October 2003, 08:25 PM
Hiro, your link wasn't full (it was cut off by the post). So, it gives me an error message when I try to access it. >\

Hiro
21st October 2003, 09:27 PM
it works for me.....try again.

SWAMPERT1
21st October 2003, 09:51 PM
the link now works but maybe you should look at other threads before posting piccys. i have already posted that pic in another thread.

Riven
21st October 2003, 11:29 PM
Has anyone considered that this is even set in the same time frame as the original R/B/Y/G games? I mean G/S/C they were set what? 3 or 4 years after the first games? Maybe these remakes are set in the same time frame as R/S which would explain how it could be compatible with R/S.

This is just a theory

Moonlight Espeon
22nd October 2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Riven
Has anyone considered that this is even set in the same time frame as the original R/B/Y/G games? I mean G/S/C they were set what? 3 or 4 years after the first games? Maybe these remakes are set in the same time frame as R/S which would explain how it could be compatible with R/S.

This is just a theory

Well, we don't exactly know what time frame Ruby/Sapphire is in, so we'll have to wait until November 1st (when Pokemon Advanced is premiering on Kids WB) and see. RF and GL are probably a year after R/S, but they probably won't make a series out of it. The thing that I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing is the side quests. G/S/C and R/B/Y were a bit lacking in side quests, and R/S was always amusing but didn't have quite as many as it might have, so I hope this game has a bit more to it. Maybe a secret cave where you unlock something or something like the Ruins in G/S/C with a mystery Pokemon. I was actually hoping they'd do something with Pokeopolis- (I think I've said this before in another post) because that episode was awesome. I'd like a bit more free-roaming sort of thing too (towns that aren't needed, places that are just fun to check out, neverending water that would reset you if you went too far, and so on).

And once again, as I told you in the other topic, Hiro, your link isn't complete. :\ The forum automatically shortcuts it, so either you'll have to find a way to turn that off or give us the link in some other way. o_O;;

Fossil Kabutops, no, I don't think Misty, Brock or any of the old Gym Leaders will be there. Since it's probable that this game takes place in the future, they've probably given up their spots as Gym Leaders to someone else.

And remember, Misty and Brock weren't featured in R/B/Y at all as main characters, just as gym leaders. I was a bit disappointed by this :\ I think it would have added a bit if they did something with them.

Poryhedron
23rd October 2003, 03:02 AM
And remember, Misty and Brock weren't featured in R/B/Y at all as main characters, just as gym leaders. I was a bit disappointed by this :\ I think it would have added a bit if they did something with them.

o_O Huhwha? You do realize that the show came after R/B, right? Or are you saying R/B/Y and meaning just Yellow?

Azura Stardust
23rd October 2003, 12:37 PM
According to Pallete, F/L will be compatible with R/S: battling, exchange of pokemon, TMs. F/L pokemon will still have traits (tokusei or characteristics or whatever you call it)... I believe the data of the RBY pokemon in the R/S games found by hacking now has a purpose... F/L is also compatible with Collosseum.

Another feature of F/L is Motorola's wireless adapter which will be packaged in I believe... You can have infrared battling; and battle/communicate by teh wireless radio thingy..

Now I"m not exactly sure how it works, but I think you have base stations installed in various places (e.g. shops - it also brings in customers sometimes) which you can communicate with... maybe you can get updated or something with live info (weather?? radio??) ... there's also something on pallete about radio exchange possible from up to 10 m away, with up to 5 persons. Does this mean (POSSIBLY) 5-way battling? Because that opens up yet more possibilities for strategies... And also does this exchange require the base stations?

See, I dunno the role of base stations:
Distribute information to individual GBAs
or
Facilitate battling or exchange of pokemon by radio (Maybe you can still do it with the link cable if there's no base station around.)

Be prepared to shell out quite a bit of $ for this. The Japanese price is 4800 yen without tax; that's US$43...

The site I got this from is Palette (http://www.pokepale.com/game/gba_firered.htm)...

This game has to be set after the RBY timeframe... On palette it says "full linkage" (ŠŽ‘S˜A“Ž in japanese) is possible with Colosseum, meaning you probably can trade over R/S pokemon too...

EDIT: I'll make my way to Kino's soon and get a Coro Coro if possible, hopefully they'll have info on it. ^-^

Poryhedron
24th October 2003, 12:00 AM
Something funny I just thought of...

In Ruby/Sapphire, if you stomp the Elite Four, get the credits rolling, and then leave the game on after the giant THE END appears, a soft tune will play. This tune is actually a remix of the original Pallet Town theme from way back in RBY.

What if that was foreshadowing?

And now, to develop that into a more discussion-worthy topic, what do you suppose the music will be like in FR/LG? Might be interesting to hear those classic themes remixed in whole new ways...

Moonlight Espeon
26th October 2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Genesis
The guy looks like Richie from the animé series, who Ash met at the Pokémon League and lost to.

Yeah, kinda. :O It's got that same kind of tall, skinny look that resembles him a lot. But, don't forget, Richie did look a LOT like Ash. When I first saw them together, I could have sworn that they were twins. xD

Is it just me, or does the female trainer somewhat remind you of Casey with long hair? :O

Moonlight Espeon
26th October 2003, 08:16 AM
Hmm.. everything will probably be remixed, as you said. Maybe they'll take a more techno-like feel on it. A remix of Pallet Town from RBY? I knew that tune sounded familiar! XD

And, Poryhedron, about your question earlier, I was only referring to Yellow. Sorry. x_x

SWAMPERT1
3rd November 2003, 09:09 PM
well hello. how are you doing? Thats nice. i am here to tell you MORE about F/R and L/G. Well in one of the newest updates in meowth's site he posted the following.

"Water Blue?
I haven't seen the latest EGM (why when there's the WWW?), but I hear that NOA's George Harrison said that the "green" version would be "blue" for the English release of the new Pokemon games, or something to that effect (again, I didn't see the article, only read about it on a few English gaming sites). If this happens, it was predictable, and nothing new, as I stated back on September 13th that Nintendo of Japan patented the game name. The burning question remains: why isn't pokemonwaterblue.com taken?" Thanks for the good updates BTW.

Anywho back to the important stuff. What do u think of the Water Blue name change. i think it was predictable. It kinda sucks though, I wanted to add a Pokemon Green to my collection. What do u think about this?

BTW there is links in the updates section of that site that will take u to a short 12 sec movie that shows Serebii. (i like its Japinese name more)

Poryhedron
3rd November 2003, 11:56 PM
Is the name Water Blue confirmed? As opposed to Ocean Blue or River Blue?

Gligar_Man
6th November 2003, 05:48 PM
ok, because of the amount of topics on this subject, i have decided to have an official topic, at least for a while, anyways, in this topic you can discuss fr/lg, including asking questions about the game, rumors are not allowed if your going to comment on something that is unproven, or controversial, offer some proof, because not much is confirmed about the game, but basically as long as you dont make something up, if you can offer proof in any form for the time being it is allowed, even if disproved later, you can basically just chat it up about fr/lg in here, you are allowed to post specific links (i.e. dont link to gamefaqs when youd have to link to gamefaqs/pokemon/frlg/subject) anyways...

follow the forum rules of course, and ask any questions to people who have info about fr/lg, comment about it, whatever...

and have fun

Oz's Input.
We'll update this list when we learn new stuff... K :)
And for the moment we will not be creating a subforum but as the time passes... we'll see.

Known Information

- There will be two games known as Fire Red and Leaf Green to commemorate the original Pokemon Red and Green.
- It will be set in Kanto.
- You will start from Pallette Town.
- You may choose from a male or female trainer.
- You may or may not catch pokemon and they may or may not fight other pokemon and in turn just maybe rise in level and learn new moves.
- You will have a Rival, atm it is unknown whether they are friendly or jackasses.
- It will be able to connect with - Pokemon Coll. Pokemon Box, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and the E-Reader. However, it has no connectivity with GSC, RBY or Stadium 1 or 2.
- The release date is currently unknown. Some speculate it will be released around the same time the original Green and Red were.
- You will get to choose from Bulbasaur, Squirtle or Charmander.
- Being able to capture a variety of Pokemon you are unable to capture within Ruby and Sapphire and Pokemon Colloseum.
- It is currently unknown if you can travel to Johto, some sources say yes.
- It is highly unlikely that the Orange Islands are included.
- You may or may not collect gym badges from gym leaders which in turn may or may not lead you to beating some "Elite" persons.
- It is near confirmed that Pokemon Contest Houses are within Fire Red and Leaf Green.
- Jynx WILL be in Fire Red and Leaf Green whereas she is not allowed in the Anime because people had a whinge about her.
- Day and Night are believed to be the same as in RS, no visable changes, but will influence evolutions such as Espeon and Umbreon.
- You will not be Red in this game.
-There is a new help mode
-There are some altered sprites
-The Pokedex has had an overhaul and is now all shiny and new.
- The games will be bundled with a Wireless Link Adapter, and basically, if you're in the 10 metre range of anyone else using it, and in a room in the game at the time, you can battle them, trade with them
-The Japanese Release Date is January 28.
-Shiny Pokemon are in this game.
-Pokerus is in this game.
- Vermillion City may have a Contest Hall.
-You'll no doubt have access to a breeding center.

lugiahoohgsca55
6th November 2003, 06:04 PM
hay thanks i Would of pm you for the topic if i nown.

heres my facts that i brought up with my poll (please answer my poll at:http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23863 )

Also do you know when the games are going to be released and when you play the game with five other people do you see them on the screen or is it just e-mail in the game.

Plus when I was looking at red or ash for the character upgrade I was wondering if that was a phone.

Finally: I hope they add the night and day effect.

Carbonite4
6th November 2003, 07:25 PM
You may or may not catch pokemon and they may or may not fight other pokemon and in turn just maybe rise in level and learn new moves.

Then later...

Being able to capture a variety of Pokemon you are unable to capture within Ruby and Sapphire and Pokemon Colloseum.

I may have misunderstood this, but do these statements contradict each other?

Andrew
6th November 2003, 08:04 PM
The first statement was me being a sarcastic bastard. :)

Dark Sage
6th November 2003, 08:52 PM
I heard a rumor that the Japanese release date will be in February, to coincide with the original anniversary of the release of Pokemon Red and Blue.

- Venusaur

Nequam Goth
7th November 2003, 07:57 AM
eevee can evolve with sun and moonstones... cuz I once sharked an eevee on a ruby rom (wen the game was just reliesed in ***) and it DID evolve with those stones... I dunno.. I think it will be the same in fr/lf..

Silent Dragonfly
7th November 2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Nequam Goth
eevee can evolve with sun and moonstones... cuz I once sharked an eevee on a ruby rom (wen the game was just reliesed in ***) and it DID evolve with those stones... I dunno.. I think it will be the same in fr/lf..

I'd prefer evolving them with stones. Hopefully Celadon Dept. Store will sell Evo stones like in the originals.

And I hope they sell the decent TMs like Earthquake, Brick Break, Shadow Ball etc. instead of having to start new games to get more of them.

Iveechan
9th November 2003, 10:49 PM
Hah, that's exactly what I've said in other threads, Cloud!

It is stupid how they remove Jynx from the anime, but that's a different topic. I hope she's caught in the wild someplace.

Primworm
10th November 2003, 06:33 AM
What all are they changeing? because i was thinking that if they or only doing graphic and program change thats the mew glitch might work.

Andrew
10th November 2003, 04:50 PM
Primworm, in GSC they rebuilt Kanto from scratch with GSC Graphics ect. They're doing the same with these new games...

Carbonite4
13th November 2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by OzAndrew
The first statement was me being a sarcastic bastard. :)

Ah. Yes, in retrospect, I see that.

Oh, and the TMs should be the same. You know, because they are inter-trading.

lugiahoohgsca55
15th November 2003, 07:12 PM
Do you think you might be able to acquire the time machine or do you think its going to be used in the future games?

(After fire red & leafy green)

Charizard04621
16th November 2003, 07:15 AM
Fire Red sounds all right. I know they're following a pattern, but Water Blue just sounds... wrong. :\ Even Leaf Green sounds better. Too bad they booted out poor Venusaur and the Green version earlier in favor of the rat, though, so I'm not hopeful that Leaf Green's gonna show up anytime soon, even as the third of the three versions. Hello Electric Yellow. :\

SWAMPERT1
16th November 2003, 04:46 PM
if they were to remake a yellow ver. i think it should be called something like Static Yellow, rather than elec. yellow.

Rei_Zero
22nd November 2003, 02:22 PM
TMs should be different. It gives more variety and if you are going to trade why not trade the pokemon in, teach it the move, then trade it out?? Or better yet, change the numbering system.

Poryhedron
22nd November 2003, 06:54 PM
TMs should be different between RS and FL? Erm, no. Then it would be possible for a TM being held by a pokémon to change what move it teaches if the pokémon is traded from one set to the other. :o Paradoxes bad... :no:

Carbonite4
24th November 2003, 06:48 PM
Then it would be possible for a TM being held by a pokémon to change what move it teaches if the pokémon is traded from one set to the other.

I said the same thing. :yes:

Rei_Zero
26th November 2003, 12:21 AM
No. If you trade over the TM, it could just be erased and be made into the TM in the other version.

Poryhedron
26th November 2003, 11:13 AM
Erm, that's exactly what we're talking about...THAT SHOULDN'T BE POSSIBLE!

BiGSh0t
26th November 2003, 03:07 PM
OOOOrrrrrr.... tm's #51-75, anyone?

:wave:

Lezta
27th November 2003, 08:05 AM
Wouldn't work... not unless they're hidden in R/S somehow.

Andrew
27th November 2003, 05:43 PM
Kiddies, its safe to say, they WON'T be making a whole new set of TM's for FR LG mainly because they didn't when Yellow or Crystal were released. And since FR & LG are kinda the new Yellow/Crystal I'm going off of precedent here.

Kamaya
28th November 2003, 09:16 AM
Umm... guys, Eevee doesn't evolve with sun and moon stones.:rolleyes: If you get the happiness REALLY early in the morning, (5:00 AM to 8:00 AM) it evolves into Umbreon. Otherwise it evolves into Espeon. Also what do you guys mean when you say Jynx is banned from the Anime? What's the controversy about it?

phantasmal
28th November 2003, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Kamaya
Umm... guys, Eevee doesn't evolve with sun and moon stones.:rolleyes: If you get the happiness REALLY early in the morning, (5:00 AM to 8:00 AM) it evolves into Umbreon. Otherwise it evolves into Espeon. Also what do you guys mean when you say Jynx is banned from the Anime? What's the controversy about it?

It can be interpreted to be a black drag queen.

Misty
28th November 2003, 09:47 PM
You people forget the other tm option. i point to gsc tradebacks to rby:

pokemon with tm attached traded from gsc
pokemon recieved in rby
hold item disappears because there are no hold items in rby.

:O

Carbonite4
28th November 2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Misty
You people forget the other tm option. i point to gsc tradebacks to rby:

pokemon with tm attached traded from gsc
pokemon recieved in rby
hold item disappears because there are no hold items in rby.

:O

That would be mean if they made TMs disappear between RS/FR LG.

Anyway, I think they'll just keep the TM system the way it is. It makes no sense to change it.:no:

Then again, this IS Nintendo, and they may read this forum and decide, "Aha. So it'll be inconvenient if we switch-up the TMs..." and then do it.:rolleyes:

Lezta
30th November 2003, 04:28 AM
That's true.

BUT, I always remember the item coming back if you traded it back again.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm wrong here.

andyizcool
30th November 2003, 08:11 AM
If there was a remake of Yellow it would follow Red, Blue and Green. There is Fire Red and Leaf Green and some people say there is going to be a Water Blue. Well Yellow would be another element like them it could be Thunder Yellow to make more sense like all the other games.

~Andrew

Carbonite4
30th November 2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Venusaur99
That's true.

BUT, I always remember the item coming back if you traded it back again.

Maybe, just maybe, I'm wrong here.

That's right. You can also trade shiny Pokemon from GSC to RBY, and they'll come back shiny.

Rei_Zero
1st December 2003, 12:24 AM
That's exactly what I'm talking about. In one version, TM 1 could be one kind of move, and in another version, TM 1 could be another move. The move the TM has changes when you switch versions.

Gnight
8th December 2003, 04:33 PM
no night and day?? that sucks

Carbonite4
11th December 2003, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Rei_Zero
That's exactly what I'm talking about. In one version, TM 1 could be one kind of move, and in another version, TM 1 could be another move. The move the TM has changes when you switch versions.

Except for the fact that you can't detatch the items in RBY. So I can attatch TM 01 (Dynamic Punch) from Gold to Red, but TM 01 isn't going to be Mega Punch now; it's non-existant, according to Red version. If I trade it back, TM 01 is magically back, and it's still Dynamic Punch. Likewise, you can't trade from GSC<->RS. So no, the TMs don't change between them when you trade.

No, the TMs are NOT going to be different. I have no clue why this is even an issue. :rolleyes:

Fossil Kabutops
12th December 2003, 03:52 PM
Here they are, they're a bit small, but you can see the boxarts quite good:
http://www.m-gaming.nl/files/pokescan1.jpg
and this one:
http://www.m-gaming.nl/files/pokescan2.jpg

I think the new boxarts rock! Expecially the one with charizard!:D
As you can see Prof. Oak is still there, and there's also a new pokédex again!

Btw sorry gligar man, I hadn't seen this topic before...

Dark Sage
12th December 2003, 04:57 PM
You think the strawberry-blonde, spikey-haired guy in the upper right might be the Rival? He looks a little like Gary.

- Venusaur

Poryhedron
12th December 2003, 05:37 PM
Hrm...there've been comments before that maybe the trainer pictured at top left is Ash, just in a different style. I wasn't sure, but the trainer at top right clinches it for me. That's definitely different-art-style Gary right there. Maybe the girl trainer is Gary's sister, that had bit parts in RBYGSC?

Kojiro
12th December 2003, 05:56 PM
Its japanese date has been confirmed..........

Less then two months away, january 28! So we should be getting it around......june probably.

the pokedex is advanced, and has ton of new info.

Garys might be back, and I heard you have a brother in this game, but it was from a french site so I can not confirm.

Geofree
12th December 2003, 11:22 PM
The purple japanese writing over the spikey-haired guy says rival so I guess that's him.

Dark Sage
12th December 2003, 11:25 PM
Oh? What does the red writing on the hero character's picture say?!

- Venusaur

SWAMPERT1
13th December 2003, 12:34 AM
Fire Red opening scence PICTURE (http://www.geocities.com/pokemaster3000_s/firestart.gif). lookin good.

SWAMPERT1
13th December 2003, 12:35 AM
Fire Red opening scence PICTURE (http://www.geocities.com/pokemaster3000_s/firestart.gif). lookin good.

Poryhedron
13th December 2003, 02:01 AM
Hunh...FR and LG are using exactly the same pokémon images as RS? That's kinda disappointing...oh well.

Fossil Kabutops
13th December 2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by Poryhedron
Hunh...FR and LG are using exactly the same pokémon images as RS? That's kinda disappointing...oh well.
Not all the same sprites! Look at the rattata sprite, you can clearly see that it is another sprite then the one in R/S

RaZoR LeAf
13th December 2003, 05:12 AM
It's a fake. Xeno Lugia contacte Pallette about it, and they said that it was an unconfirmed shot. The chances of a title screen picture appearing now before barely any information had been released was massivly unlikely.

Crystalmaster Mike
13th December 2003, 09:24 AM
Ya know, that Gary type person seems too blond to me for him to really be him. And what is Oak doing there, anyway? Shouldn't he be like... departed?

phantasmal
13th December 2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by SWAMPERT1

The link's broken. Could you get another host or post it here in the forums? I want to see!

Reality
13th December 2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by SWAMPERT1

I can see it. And it is looking good. The graphics are looking better and better.

I wonder if thats the house of the main character in the game.

Question, are we going to be only allowed to catch the pokemon found in Red and Blue?

Silent Dragonfly
13th December 2003, 01:29 PM
Hopefully not, well, there will be the evo's and pre evo of the RBY pokes (Like Crobat and Pichu). Maybe we'll see Lugia here, since according to what's on Serebii's site, Lugia doesn't seem to be in Colloseum, but Ho-oh is.

Dark Sage
13th December 2003, 01:41 PM
According to some (but not all) sources, Johto is in the game as well as Kanto; if true, then the G/S/C pokemon will be in it.

- Venusaur

Saturos
13th December 2003, 02:02 PM
May be the ones obtained Colosseum would be "special event" Pokemon and learn new moves (like sharked Pokemon in RS, but moves are differently learned through leveling up...).

That's my speculation, though. Even if Johto is added, it's Pokemon may be even ones found in Colosseum (and have different learned moves than from Colosseum).

In Serebii's section on Colosseum, its Pokemon had moves that it came with when you caught it in Scenario mode. I saw Suicune's moves, and they were almost the same when caught in GSC.

Pokemon such as Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle might learn newer moves not available through evolution (Treecko has only Giga Drain; Torchic has only Flamethrower; and Mudkip has only Hydropump). Plus, their moves haven't changed much when in GSC, so Pokemon may have a better learned move selection.

~Adam

phantasmal
13th December 2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Reality
I can see it. And it is looking good. The graphics are looking better and better.

I wonder if thats the house of the main character in the game.

Question, are we going to be only allowed to catch the pokemon found in Red and Blue?

Really? Because when I click the link, I get this:

See attachment

Cromat
13th December 2003, 02:13 PM
It's geocities, so you need to copy the address manually. Clicking won't work.
The image itself is just Red's house in Pallet from an isometric perspective. Nothing too exciting.

War Raichu
13th December 2003, 08:45 PM
Ah, it's SO great to see Oak and Gary again! What's the deal with the device in the left side of the first pic (looks like it attaches to the GBA SP)? And we see another upgrade of the Pokedex. :)

Gagome
14th December 2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Raichu26
Ah, it's SO great to see Oak and Gary again! What's the deal with the device in the left side of the first pic (looks like it attaches to the GBA SP)? And we see another upgrade of the Pokedex. :)
That is the Wireless Link Adapter. It is sold together with both games FR/LG.
You can trade/battle Pokemon and mix records and all the stuff over a wireless connection. No cables are necessary.
I hope Nintendo will sell this great device in US and Europe too. It may be compatible with R/S as well, but this has not been confirmed.
We will see ....

nChanq
15th December 2003, 07:04 AM
I don't care what anybody else thinks, I am excited for these new games. :D

Carbonite4
16th December 2003, 06:05 PM
The hero/rival are most likely descendants, not Ash and Gary themselves.:no:

And what is Oak doing there, anyway? Shouldn't he be like... departed?

LoL. I was going to say that, too.

Here's the thing: it's impossible for it to be Ash unless Ash magically doesn't age. Remember boys and girls: GSC took place 3 years after RBY, and Lord knows how far in the future RS is.

Iveechan
16th December 2003, 09:57 PM
I have to say, that new Gary is really cute. This coming from somebody who normally hates the pokemon kid characters.

If this game keeps the same set of tm's, then happiness is kept, so does that mean we get blissey, crobat, espeon, and umbreon? Will the daycare center now breed so we can get the babies? I really hope some other johto pokemon appear, like larvitar and houndour. I think it kinda sucks how colloseum is the only way to get a lot of johto pokemon, I missed that region.

Animelee
19th December 2003, 11:55 PM
GAME FREAK updated their site with new Leaf/Fire sprites:

Spear/Beedrill, Parasect, and Nyorozo/Poliwhirl have the same sprites as R/S, but Menokurage/Tentacool and Isitsubute/Geodude have new ones, since they're obtainable.

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/POKEMON/ICON2000/ICON2_1.HTM

Fossil Kabutops
20th December 2003, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Animelee

Spear/Beedrill, Parasect, and Nyorozo/Poliwhirl have the same sprites as R/S, but Menokurage/Tentacool and Isitsubute/Geodude have new ones, since they're obtainable.

I think those are fake, I mean, they're about 34X34 and not 64X64(the maximum of sprites) so I can't see why they would make them so small...:confused: And I also don't think they look real to me:no:

I can have it wrong, but I think those are fake...

phantasmal
20th December 2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Fossil Kabutops
I think those are fake, I mean, they're about 34X34 and not 64X64(the maximum of sprites) so I can't see why they would make them so small...:confused: And I also don't think they look real to me:no:

They can't be fake—they're on the offical website of the makers of Pokemon.

Animelee
20th December 2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Fossil Kabutops

Ehhh...perhaps you should play R/S, and make sure to watch the opening sequence and see who the game is presented by. :S

Fossil Kabutops
23rd December 2003, 08:31 AM
Ehhh...perhaps you should play R/S, and make sure to watch the opening sequence and see who the game is presented by. :S
Yeah I know it's an official site, and probably they're real, but just copy and paste them, you'll see that they're quite small.... Maybe they're in an early stage? So that they'll make them larger later?

Animelee
23rd December 2003, 11:46 PM
I wasn't insulting you, or anything, by the way.

Anyways, I think that they just copied and pasted the icons from their computers onto the webpage, since they use the computers to make beta-version icons.

Fossil Kabutops
24th December 2003, 02:55 AM
I wasn't insulting you, or anything, by the way.

Anyways, I think that they just copied and pasted the icons from their computers onto the webpage, since they use the computers to make beta-version icons.
That's probably it, I only found it strange that they're so small... Because when you see them on that page they're too big, and the pixels are also too big, but if you copy them then they're too small again. It's realy weird... :confused: I'll try and see if I can find some more info about these sprites :D

phantasmal
24th December 2003, 12:58 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I found an extended version of this page by snooping around on Gamefreak's site...
http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/POKEMON/ICON2000/LIST.HTM

Fossil Kabutops
24th December 2003, 09:20 PM
Wait a second! Animelee, if I may ask; where did you found that those are FR/LG sprites? Because it says that those are pokemon ICONS and not the new sprites! Please tell me where you read that those are the new sprites.

Animelee
25th December 2003, 08:57 PM
Ah, they mean spirties. You can use both the words icon and sprite when mentionning the graphics used for Pokemon -- they mean the same thing. :)
Here is GAME FREAK's Pokemon section, if you guys are interested: http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/POKEMON/INDEX.HTM

By the way, Japan's official Pokemon site has been awesomely updated: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/fireleaf02.html & http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/fireleaf03.html

It seems Shigeru has a little brother, because they mention that the rival is Professor Orchid's grandson. Either that, or this is an entirely seperate universe, meaning that that boy is really the new Satoshi. I am so confused.

I personally am hoping that Shigeru has a little brother, and that the boy trainer is just a new kid.

GirlRepellant
26th December 2003, 08:18 AM
What's that odd attachment on the GBA SP? The one that looks like a turtle shell and attaches through the link slot....

Silent Dragonfly
26th December 2003, 08:38 AM
That's a wireless link. It works like a link cable but sends the data for up to 10m, i think. It comes with FR/LG for free

GirlRepellant
26th December 2003, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by cloudizme
It comes with FR/LG for free

Which means that FR / LG are gonna cost an arm and a leg (and possibly other appendages which I shudder to think of).

347Studboy
29th December 2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Carbonite4
Here's the thing: it's impossible for it to be Ash unless Ash magically doesn't age. Remember boys and girls: GSC took place 3 years after RBY, and Lord knows how far in the future RS is.

Well, if you follow the anime, then Ash magically doesn't age. But seriously, we don't know for sure when the RS series takes place. Heck, they could be prequels as far as we know. Not that I have any logical evidence or the like to support that... but I can't think of any logical evidence of the contrary (except for all of those automated doors and stuff). But hey, it's a foreign country, right? Japan seems more hi-tech than America in a lot of ways, doesn't it?

GirlRepellant
31st December 2003, 12:00 PM
HEY EVERYONE!

The release date in Japan appears to be set for January 28th. So just a month away!

I didn't see this posted yet, so I thought I'd be the bearer of good news...

You can preorder Fire Red here:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=0&products_id=3829&

And Leaf Green here:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=0&products_id=3828&

Rock on!

Will they work in American GBAs?

Dark Sage
31st December 2003, 12:19 PM
Great!

Any idea when we'll see more screenshots?

- Venusaur

Fossil Kabutops
31st December 2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by GirlRepellant
HEY EVERYONE!

The release date in Japan appears to be set for January 28th. So just a month away!

I didn't see this posted yet, so I thought I'd be the bearer of good news...

You can preorder Fire Red here:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=0&products_id=3829&

And Leaf Green here:
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=0&products_id=3828&

Rock on!

Will they work in American GBAs?
Yes they will:D That's because GBA's are region-free, that means that you can play games from other countries on it.:)

GirlRepellant
1st January 2004, 02:45 PM
Hmm.... It's tempting, despite the exhorberant price... Depends on when they're releasing it in the States... and how easy it is to get a computer version until it does!

Dark Sage
1st January 2004, 03:32 PM
Please, think about what you're doing first.

I remember when Ruby and Sapphire were released in Japan. Impatient fans bought the Japanese version; all they could do was play it "blind". All of a sudden, this and every other unofficial Pokemon forum was crowded with those people begging for help with it because they couldn't read the text (my favorite was the guy who couldn't start the game because he didn't know to set the clock!).

Please everyone, be patient this time. Wait for the English version. It's just common sense.

- Venusaur

Fossil Kabutops
1st January 2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Venusaur
Please, think about what you're doing first.

I remember when Ruby and Sapphire were released in Japan. Impatient fans bought the Japanese version; all they could do was play it "blind". All of a sudden, this and every other unofficial Pokemon forum was crowded with those people begging for help with it because they couldn't read the text (my favorite was the guy who couldn't start the game because he didn't know to set the clock!).

Please everyone, be patient this time. Wait for the English version. It's just common sense.

- Venusaur
Or at leat wait till the Rom comes out, then you can see if you understand everything... But if the storyline is the same as in R/B then it's not so hard...

Dark Sage
1st January 2004, 04:16 PM
That's another thing - people ALSO had a lot of trouble with the ROMs. Some of them were good, but many were cheap things that were illegal to sell, which could destroy a GameBoy. Or destroy the game.

And personally, I don't think that the storyline will be the same as R/B/Y. What would be the fun in that? It is probable that some of the elements of Ruby/Sapphire (like the Contests) will be there, the Pokemon will have their abilities, the TMs of Ruby/Sapphire, and some people say that Johto will be included in the game (and heck, if it isn't, the game will be VERY short by today's standards).

- Venusaur

Fossil Kabutops
1st January 2004, 04:48 PM
That's another thing - people ALSO had a lot of trouble with the ROMs. Some of them were good, but many were cheap things that were illegal to sell, which could destroy a GameBoy. Or destroy the game.

And personally, I don't think that the storyline will be the same as R/B/Y. What would be the fun in that? It is probable that some of the elements of Ruby/Sapphire (like the Contests) will be there, the Pokemon will have their abilities, the TMs of Ruby/Sapphire, and some people say that Johto will be included in the game (and heck, if it isn't, the game will be VERY short by today's standards).

- Venusaur
Actually I meant Roms for your pc....

And I also THINK that it will not have the same story line, but since they're remakes, it could be possible:( (hope not!)

GirlRepellant
1st January 2004, 09:18 PM
Well, the American version will be released September 15, 2004.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/data/gamehomepages/game_homepage_id.php(que)id=6130

So we have quite a while to wait... But yeah, I'll do the comp thing, and then buy it in the States when it comes here.

Gagome
2nd January 2004, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by GirlRepellant
Well, the American version will be released September 15, 2004.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/data/gamehomepages/game_homepage_id.php(que)id=6130

I don't believe the release dates on that web site are official. According to this web site Pokemon Channel (GC game) and Colosseum will be released on May 14th. But if you look at www.nintendo.com Channel was released on Dec 1st 2003 and Colosseum will be released on Mar 22th 2004.

Andrew
2nd January 2004, 05:28 AM
I have updated the first post with some more info. And I have a hunch that you'll have to go back and forward between Johto and Kanto to complete the game, so say you get to Saffron, and the path is blocked, so then you go to Goldenrod and finish up there before going back to kanto ect ect ect.

Wait... that sounds too complex for the Programmers. It'll be pretty linear then.

Dark Sage
2nd January 2004, 07:02 AM
So then you operate in Kanto and Johto simultaneously?

COOL!!

One question:

Any idea about who the villains will be? Will Team Rocket be back?

Let us know if you find out!

- Venusaur

347Studboy
2nd January 2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by OzAndrew
I have updated the first post with some more info. And I have a hunch that you'll have to go back and forward between Johto and Kanto to complete the game, so say you get to Saffron, and the path is blocked, so then you go to Goldenrod and finish up there before going back to kanto ect ect ect.

Wait... that sounds too complex for the Programmers. It'll be pretty linear then.

What on Earth makes you think that? Do you have any information, or is this more along the ideas of "it would be cool"? Because it would be cool. Really, really cool.

Actually, since the Johto Pokémon are apparently available in Coliseum, I see no reason for them to include Johto in this game.

Dark Sage
2nd January 2004, 12:34 PM
I think if only Kanto is included, the game will be very short - and the GameBoy games today are capable of much longer games than they did back in the days of R/B/Y (heck, back then they weren't even in color!).

Even Ruby and Sapphire fell short of the full potential of the new GameBoy capabilities.

- Venusaur

Fossil Kabutops
3rd January 2004, 04:00 AM
I think if only Kanto is included, the game will be very short - and the GameBoy games today are capable of much longer games than they did back in the days of R/B/Y (heck, back then they weren't even in color!).

Even Ruby and Sapphire fell short of the full potential of the new GameBoy capabilities.

- Venusaur
You have a point there, but it is possible that the cities are now much bigger then they were... And it's also possible that they'll make Kanto bigger then before.

Evil Fuzzle
3rd January 2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by 347Studboy

Actually, since the Johto Pokémon are apparently available in Coliseum, I see no reason for them to include Johto in this game.
not everyone has the money to buy a gamecube (like me) but I am allowed to get gameboy games.. so I think they SHOULD include jotho to FL/LG

Dark Sage
3rd January 2004, 12:57 PM
Besides, it isn't just the available pokemon that make the game - it's the challenges that exist in Johto - the gyms, hunting for the three hounds, the exotic locales, and more trainers than you could shake a stick at (to name some).

I'd personally love to explore the Ruins of Alph again...

Speaking of which, did everyone forget that two new Unown have been added (an exclamaition point and a question mark)? I think that's proof enough that you might be able to trek through the Ruins at some point, and collect a wide variety of Unown.

- Venusaur

347Studboy
4th January 2004, 10:18 AM
Heh... I don't think the addition of two new symbols makes the variety that much wider... nevertheless, you both have a point. Johto would certainly add quite a bit to the game. The only argument I have is that since the Johto Pokémon are already in Coliseum, Nintendo will feel as though they no longer need to include Johto, therefore saving themselves some trouble. Besides, do you really think they care whether or not you can afford a Gamecube? If you really want to play this game, theoretically you are capable of obtaining the money neccessary one way or another (I'm just saying, from their point of view).

Besides, they're called Fire Red, (Water?) Blue and Leaf Green for a reason... I dunno, I hope Johto's in there, but I sorta doubt it.

mudkip007
4th January 2004, 10:51 AM
man its good to be back!

Jus to let you all know, that image of the fire red start menu is fake. You gullable folk forgot to see that it said 2003 GameFreak . It's coming out in 2004! Anyone with talent and time could make that picture.

Anywho, the two Unown (! and ?), which seem pretty stupid to me. Letters are one thing, but puncuation is taking it to the next level. They can probably be obtained in Colleseum anyway, so there's anyother reason why Johto is probably not in there.

Though it is possible. Kanto is pretty small compared to Hoenn, and combined with Johto, the entire mape should only be a little larger than hoenn, maybe like 5 cities bigger. I don't know, i don't feel like doing the math

Poryhedron
4th January 2004, 11:56 AM
Anywho, the two Unown (! and ?), which seem pretty stupid to me. Letters are one thing, but puncuation is taking it to the next level. They can probably be obtained in Colleseum anyway, so there's anyother reason why Johto is probably not in there.

Will Colloseum have a way to obtain a great number of different Unown, though? I can't see myself snatching 28 Dark Unown from evil trainers...The whole point of the Unown in GSC was to catch all 26 varieties, and the only possible reason to bother adding two more is that we're gonna have to do it again. I thought at first that surely the Johto stuff was a vain wistful hope, but Venusaur's point is a good one. Well, unless there are Solid Gold and Sterling Silver versions slated for the distant future...

mudkip007
4th January 2004, 01:08 PM
well, maybe theres a way to unlock them or something. I don't know. We'll see soon enough

Silent Dragonfly
4th January 2004, 03:15 PM
Colloseum has all of the gsc pokemon expect some of those evos and pre-evos of rby like cleffa and blissey which we can get from FR/LG, but also unown and lugia are missing too

EDIT: I cant spell, lol

mudkip007
4th January 2004, 03:32 PM
So thats what? 10? 12 GSC Pokemon not in Colleseum, using Unown as one count? I just don't think its enough to say Johto's there. I think they fill in the extra space with the new help system, first-person view thing, and new pokedex. Plus, they probably a lot more stuff on the field in FR and LG than they did in RB and probably Y. I wouldn't mind Johto, but I'm not gettin my hopes up

GreenShirT
5th January 2004, 08:02 PM
We had 2 topics about the new GBA games so I decide to merge them into 1 since you were all asking similar questions towards the end page. Mikeys thread came out being the visible one although Ottos had more replies...luck of the draw it seems :P

Andrew
5th January 2004, 08:26 PM
Si, maybe if you make a thread with all the info you can glean from this merged one, then delete this one, it'll be all hunkydory :) Just a suggestion.

Skyelugia
5th January 2004, 09:29 PM
If anyone knows when Fire/Leaf are coming to America, let us know. Also, all Pokemon have to be programmed into Collosseum (they are in Ruby/Sapphire, aren't they?) I would hate it completely if Lugia wasn't in it though. At least he's in Smash Bros. as a random Pokemon and a cool trophy!

SWAMPERT1
5th January 2004, 10:57 PM
S_L for the English release date i heard it was going to be around June...ish. Japanese release is in around a month or so. And Lugia will probly be available through FR and LG. unless of course new info has been revealed. Also if y want to see new pics of FR/LG go look at Serebiis site.

Pokélord
6th January 2004, 11:53 AM
january 29 according to serebii.net

Fossil Kabutops
6th January 2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Pokélord
january 29 according to serebii.net
Skyelugia asked for the American release, this is the release date of Japan... But I also tought it was around June somewhere

mudkip007
7th January 2004, 02:19 PM
have you guys seen the new pictures? check them out! (http://www.serebii.net/red_green/pics.shtml) The Professor Oak sprite looks wierd, but the new pokedex sounds/looks awesome! You can look up places, where to find pokemon there, and see their evloution line!

I don't know about you guys but I'm mad crazy excited for this. :P

Silent Dragonfly
7th January 2004, 02:24 PM
Yeah, i saw those pics yesterday. Looking at that kanto map, it shows no path to new bark, tohjo falls doesnt seem to be there, theres no path to mt.silver. Also theres a spot for a dungeon on cinnabar, which must be burned mansion. And since in GSC where cinnabar was destroyed by the volcano i guess we can be pretty sure we wont be going to johto.

EDIT: Caterpie, Rattata and Oddish all have new sprites!

SWAMPERT1
7th January 2004, 03:06 PM
Yep alot of pokemon have new and improved sprites so far (well only like a 1/4 so far but oh well). I think that this game has alot of expectations on its back and will need to be as good, maybe even better than the originals for it to sell. And is it just me or does the back sprite of the male character look a little rushed or to far to the right to anyone else? Just wondering?

347Studboy
7th January 2004, 03:44 PM
Dude, this game looks awesome! The features of the Pokédex are amazing (finally, a Pokédex that does something useful), the graphics are as cool as expected, and there seems to be a little cinema-esque picture when you enter an area for the first time (the picture of Viridian Forest, for example). I can't wait for these games to come out!

By the way, what's with the custom looking sprites in the Wireless Room? Could that be a derived form of the Secret Base sprite generator?

mudkip007
8th January 2004, 02:29 PM
What I want to know is why in the wireless room, you're the only one that looks like you should. Why does everyone else look like townfolk when they're actually real people? They are real people right? Or am i mistaken? W/E...
Where'd you see a new Oddish sprite? I've only seen Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Caterpie, Metapod, Weedle, Kakuna and Rattata.

Different note: Looks like no Johto. It's okay though, I'm not complaining. But there are little green dots on some of the cities like fushia, lavender, cinnibar and the seafoam islands. I'm guessing Safari Zone, Radio Tower/Power Plant, volcano site or gym, and i don't know what the seafoam one is, it might Blaine's gym as well. We'll see

Oh and Cerulean has one too. Probably that place where you got mewtwo

Silent Dragonfly
8th January 2004, 02:39 PM
Theres a battle with a rattata on the trainers side against a new oddish sprite on the page about the help feature.
Too bad we dont get Johto but all I'm worried about now is Lugia and Unown. I just hope they're somewhere in Kanto.

mudkip007
8th January 2004, 02:48 PM
Well Serebii remined some of us that Unown might still be in Unknown Dungeon near Cerulean. There was a green dot there too, and thats probably what it is. And also that Lugia only appears when all three legendary birds are together (Pokemon the Movie 2000) and so thats probably how you get him.

Silent Dragonfly
8th January 2004, 03:06 PM
That makes sense. They could do that with Lugia the same way as the did with Relicanth and Wailord in RuSa to open the Regi shrines. And unown being in unknown dungeon, it's so obvious, I didnt even realise it.

I'm guessing Mew will be given out at those promotional events again.

It seems that everything is in RBY's time, Cinnabar seems ok and the unknown dungeon hasnt collapsed/selead off/whatever. I'm guessing the storyline will be the same too.

Think all the pokemon will be in the same locations exactly?

And the Safari zone, lets hope it isnt exactly the same as before with the bait and throwing rocks. Tauros was a b**** to catch.

mudkip007
8th January 2004, 03:17 PM
what i also want to know is about the pokedex. In Ru/Sa, they only had one dex and if you somehow got a pokemon like bulbasaur, it didn't show up in the dex. But now they have at least one kind of dex, the original: Bulbasaur -- Mew, #001 -- #151, but they also have guys like Pichu and Steelix from the updated dex in G/S/C, so are they going to have the "Old" dex from GSC where it was by number or the "New" dex from GSC where it was by evolution? And if the GSC pokemon are in the dex, they also have to have Azurill and Wynuat who are from Ru/Sa...

Will it be all the Pokemon from every game in one pokedex? Does anybody know?

Silent Dragonfly
8th January 2004, 03:27 PM
Well in RuSa there's some cheat that unlocks the "National Dex" which has Bulbasaur as number 001 to Celebi as 251 then it continued as Treecko being 252 and all of the other Hoenn pokemon coming afterwards in the order they were in the Hoenn Dex.

I assume they'll use this National Dex in FRLG

mudkip007
8th January 2004, 05:45 PM
okay that makes sense. I've never heard of the National dex though. Do you know if you unlock it by getting all 380 whatver Pokemon? Or is it just a cheat?

W/E, its a good idea for FR/LG

Silent Dragonfly
9th January 2004, 01:58 AM
I'm not sure how you unlock it except for a cheat.

And there's 386 pokemon to be exact.

Poryhedron
9th January 2004, 11:00 AM
There'll probably be an event that unlocks it legally when you connect a GBA with RS to a GCN with Colloseum via the GCN GBA cable.

mudkip007
10th January 2004, 09:26 AM
New info released sounds pretty interesting

First off, in the wireless room, you can play mini games with other people. Not sure what they are

More importantly, there are two Mystery Islands of somekind, Island 1 and Island 2. I don't know if their part of Kanto or not, and it doesn't look like its on the map, but this brings out some new questions.

Orange Islands, maybe? Southern Islands? I can't wait to find out

Silent Dragonfly
10th January 2004, 10:52 AM
The mini games sound amusing. Lets hope they are up to the standard on the Stadium games.

Since they aren't on the map it could make up for how small the world is with just Kanto. If they are the orange islands, what's likely to be on it? Sorry, I'm not a big fan of the anime.

Animelee
10th January 2004, 11:45 AM
I'm thinkin' those islands of Lugia and Unown on them, respectively.

Fossil Kabutops
10th January 2004, 12:28 PM
Maybe you can ideed capture the unown and Luigia on those islands, but they only appear at some occasions? Just as the sky tower after beating the elite, and MIRAGE island?

Poryhedron
10th January 2004, 12:32 PM
If they are the orange islands, what's likely to be on it? Sorry, I'm not a big fan of the anime.

The Orange Islands are a large archipelago. Eight-more-Gyms-among-them large. I'm kinda doubting that guess...although it'd be cool to be able to participate in their Gyms. They aren't just about battles, they have minigame-style challenges, too.

347Studboy
10th January 2004, 10:09 PM
Actually, the Orange Islands had only four gyms. But the Lugia thing is (I believe) a safe bet. Who knows why there are two islands, though? This is bound to be interesting.

Hmm... Nintendo sure is working harder on this game than most of the Pokémon genre.

Rei_Zero
10th January 2004, 10:42 PM
I don't know....I was hoping we could get Mewtwo, unless the game has one with Mewtwo and another with Lugia....

347Studboy
10th January 2004, 10:44 PM
Well, there are two islands... I suppose Lugia could be on one and Mewtwo could be on the other. Why not?

EDIT: Sorry, I was a bit confused by your post. I thought you meant one game with Lugia and one game with Mewtwo. I'm really losing my mind lately.

:confused:

Rei_Zero
10th January 2004, 11:41 PM
I did say one game with mewtwo and another with lugia.....unless your saying you interpreted my response as one island with Mewtwo and one island with Lugia.

347Studboy
10th January 2004, 11:49 PM

Oh, crud vapors. I'm calling it quits. ;)

Look, the important thing is that we both want Mewtwo and Lugia accessible. One way or another. Either they are each on an island, or I take the one from the game I don't have when my cousin isn't looking.

Now, I should get some sleep. Except that I'll be playing FFXI instead. But whatever.

Silent Dragonfly
11th January 2004, 07:44 AM
Why would Mewtwo be on the Mystery Islands? What about the Unknown Dungeon? He was there before, so why wouldn't he be now?

And it didnt mention there were only two islands, Serebii said "each seperate island is called island 1, island 2 etc." It was never mentioned that there were only two. There are probably more.

Dark Sage
11th January 2004, 07:49 AM
If I remember correctly, in R/B/Y, Mewtwo was hiding in a maze-like cavern just outside of Cerulean (loaded with high-level pokemon, which I assumed where his guards) which could only be accessed after defeating the Elite Four.

I would think in FR and LG he'll be there again. Same thing for the three Birds - they'll be in their old lairs (Articuno: Island Cave east of Cinnabar, Zapdos: Power Plant, Moltres: Victory Road.)

As for Lugia, if he's in the game at all, he'll likely have found a new lair.

I wonder why no-one has brought up the possibility of Ho-oh being in the game? Why would there be Lugia without Ho-oh?

After all, he did make a cameo in the classic first episode of the anime...

- Venusaur

Silent Dragonfly
11th January 2004, 07:54 AM
Yeah, but Ho-oh and most of the other GSC pokes are obtainale in Pokemon Colloseum. Lugia and Unown are not. The only other possiblity seems to be FRLG.

mudkip007
11th January 2004, 08:01 AM
maybe like in Gold and Silver you can get both Mewtwo and Lugia, but Mewtwo might appear first in Fire Red on one island at lv. 50 or something, and then Lugia appears later in the game on the other island at lv. 70, while its the opposite in Leaf Green, Lugia appears first at lv. 50, and then Mewtwo appears later at lv. 70.

I don't know about the Unown though. I'm still betting Unknown Dungeon

tenchi
11th January 2004, 01:06 PM
may be it is a play off the 2 pokemon movie.
and you get Lugia on the island.

Dark Sage
11th January 2004, 01:23 PM
Where has all this info about Colloseum come from?

I mean, I know about the Jiriachi giveaway for those who pre-order, but...

- Venusaur

Silent Dragonfly
11th January 2004, 01:37 PM
Serebii has had a walkthrough for RPG mode and other parts of Colloseum up for a long time.

Believe it or not, people can translate the japanese version.

mudkip007
11th January 2004, 08:32 PM
Wait, Colloseum is out in Japan already?

Where was I, and howcome people are pouring in comments and information?

And Tenchi, I agree, I think it's somehow gonna be related to pokemon 2000

SWAMPERT1
11th January 2004, 10:18 PM
i think that maybe in FR there will be two ilsands one with Deoxys and one with Mew while in WB the islands wiil be the same except that Lugia and Mew2 will replais one of the legendarys each.

Dark Sage
11th January 2004, 10:22 PM
Well, I know what the plot is.

You're the metaphorical "pilgrim in an unholy land"; in a lawless nation full of evil trainers. Luckily, you possess special pokeballs called Snatch Balls (or something like that), which lets you liberate pokemon from these villains.

It is an interesting twist, I admit. But I can't read Japanese, so that's about all I know.

- Venusaur

GirlRepellant
11th January 2004, 11:10 PM
Venusaur.... where'd you get your information on the plot?

SWAMPERT1
11th January 2004, 11:22 PM
Venasaur.. thats the RPG plot of P_C.

Pokemaster Matt
12th January 2004, 01:50 AM
Uh.. I think Venusaur was reffering to the plot of Colloseum.

Meh, FRLG looks good, but I hope theres more difficulty, and length than the previous games.

347Studboy
12th January 2004, 02:23 AM
Difficulty? This is a Pokémon game. ;)

In any case, I'm getting this game for many reasons. First and foremost are the now-obtainable Pokémon. Second is the tribute to the original games (I miss the old days). Third is the cool new Pokédex.

I guess Nintendo is good at selling memories... they did it with Super Smash Brothers, and pretty much the entire GBA game lineup. Boy, am I a sucker.

Chris 2.1
12th January 2004, 12:49 PM
I reckon, once you've got all the oldies from RBY, and the less-Oldies from GSC, and you've got 385 Pokemon, you can get Deoxys from the Space Center. Just a thought.

Dark Sage
12th January 2004, 02:04 PM
You know what building I'd like to see in FR and LG? A pokemon beauty parlor. There was one in G/S/C, but for some reason they neglected to put such an establishment in R/S. I wonder why. The beauty parlor was a great way to raise a pokemon's tameness factor.

- Venusaur

SWAMPERT1
18th January 2004, 10:27 PM
Holy cow. check out these pictures!!!

http://filb.mygcs.de/images/news/20040118-corocoro-200402a-klein.jpg <---- notice the new OFFICIAL ART!:o

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_01.gif <---- Field pic I

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_02.gif <---- Field pic II

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_03.gif <---- possible mini game and new sprites!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_04.gif <---- Mini game!

http://filb.mygcs.de/images/news/20040105_frlg1.gif <---- Pokemon lab picture!

ill have to finish posting in the next post.

SWAMPERT1
18th January 2004, 10:30 PM
Part II

saved the best 2 for last.

http://pokeguide.gambelz.de/chara/images/chara_big_087.png <---- sweet

http://pokeguide.gambelz.de/chara/images/chara_big_005.png <---- sweet

nuf said. BTW did u notice that most of the sprites look like remade PKMN Green/ Red Sprites?

Chikoo
18th January 2004, 11:38 PM
I dunno if this question has been asked before, but is there a chance that you might get to travel to Johto in these games? Or is there gonna be another game which will emphasize on GSC? Like what, Pokemon Gray Silver? o_o

SWAMPERT1
18th January 2004, 11:39 PM
sorry but there will not be a remake of G/S/C. to my knowledge anywho.

347Studboy
19th January 2004, 04:47 AM
Hmm. I wonder where this (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_01.gif) is? My guess is Fuschia City, with the purplish buildings, but I really don't remember the layout of Kanto all that well after so long.

Looking good, though!

Silent Dragonfly
19th January 2004, 10:44 AM
I'd say it's either Vermillion (That looks like the where the boats dock) or Fuschia (It could be the start of the Route to Seafoam Islands)

Maybe anyone who can translate japanese could tell us what the sign says?

izumi
19th January 2004, 03:19 PM
It says *ahem* Lol....

koko wa 1 noshima goenga atsumaru musubijima

Which means uhh....ummm....

This place of(?) ?1 noshima goenga? get together/meet ?musubijima?

Sorry folks, I could get it in roman chars but not translate it very well. I tried. :rolleyes:

But to those that have actually played the one of the games recently, it might sound like something in one of the old games thats in english and you can guess what it is.....err..yeah.

SuperSonic
19th January 2004, 03:22 PM
Hmm. I wonder where this (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_01.gif) is? My guess is Fuschia City, with the purplish buildings, but I really don't remember the layout of Kanto all that well after so long.

Looking good, though!

I might be wrong but I think that might be one of the new islands. Look at one of the pictures a couple of posts back. That picture is like 5 squares higher.

Poryhedron
19th January 2004, 06:22 PM
I might be wrong but I think that might be one of the new islands. Look at one of the pictures a couple of posts back. That picture is like 5 squares higher.

That's a distinct possibility. It can't be Fucshia, Pallet or Cinnabar because the building over the water doesn't belong there, it can't be Lavender because the lower sandy area to the right doesn't belong there, it can't be Vermilion because none of the three visible buildings belong there, and it can't be any place else that existed in the original games because no other place is so near water on its south side.

×XסShadowPrinceˇ×X×
19th January 2004, 07:20 PM
Don't expect every town to look the same. ;P

Silent Dragonfly
20th January 2004, 11:06 AM
Serebii has confirmed that place on the pictures is Mystery Island No. 1

And the TMs have been confirmed as the same as on RuSa

GirlRepellant
20th January 2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by cloudizme
And the TMs have been confirmed as the same as on RuSa

Good. I didn't want to deal with Mega Punch, Mega Kick or Bide TMs again... although having Thunder Wave and Rock Slide again would've been nice...

mudkip007
20th January 2004, 04:09 PM
http://filb.mygcs.de/images/news/20040120-corocoro-200402b.jpg

This is a Coro Coro scan. There's some new stuff on here, but look at the attack i'm assuming spearow is placing on ratatta near the top? What is that? Was that in R/S?

Plus, there are two shots of Route 3 to Mt. Moon. Awesome!

Poryhedron
20th January 2004, 05:39 PM
Well, the graphic that attack is using was in R/S...but I doubt Rattata is using Focus Punch on Pidgey. It might be Super Fang, not sure.

SWAMPERT1
20th January 2004, 11:10 PM
Poryhydro(sp?) could it be Sunny day?

Poryhedron
21st January 2004, 12:19 AM
Well, if it is, they've done some serious reworking of the graphics, because that's nothing like what Sunny Day looks like in R/S.

Saturos
22nd January 2004, 03:32 PM
On IGN's site, there Pocket IGN has a movie of the game. Here's the site address for easy-searching:

http://media.pocket.ign.com/media/605/605909/vids_1.html#

~Adam

Don't Run With Scizors
22nd January 2004, 04:21 PM
I bet the attack the Ratatta is using is Hyper Fang.

Mitch's Bashamo
22nd January 2004, 08:27 PM

Looking good, though!

Actually it's one of the Mystery Islands. That one is called Island 1 (they could of given it a better name but anyway) because the city names are usually in katakana but all that is hiragana and it says that at serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net)

347Studboy
22nd January 2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Mitch's Bashamo
Actually it's one of the Mystery Islands. That one is called Island 1 (they could of given it a better name but anyway) because the city names are usually in katakana but all that is hiragana and it says that at serebii.net (http://www.serebii.net)

Yes, it has been called attention to that this is in fact a "Mystery Island". Hm. Looks like there's more than just a "Mystery Cave" to accompany this particular island; there's a small town, in fact. Makes it seem less, oh, "Mysterious".

Poryhedron
22nd January 2004, 11:07 PM
I bet the attack the Ratatta is using is Hyper Fang.

Eh, I'd be surprised, given the nature of Focus Punch (the only other move I know of to use that graphic.) My vote's for Super Fang, despite the unlikelyness of a Rattata, rather than a Raticate, using the move in a general publicity shot.

Saturos
24th January 2004, 04:51 PM
Yes, that is Super Fang. I used to have a Raticate on Ruby, but it's stats were horrible. Really. Unless I had to rebreed it again...

Chaotic
25th January 2004, 12:29 PM
How exactly will the number of moves and Pokemon on these games compare to those on Ruby/Sapphire?

mudkip007
25th January 2004, 03:44 PM
same moves as ru/sa i'm assuming, different pokemon, the original 150

Dark Sage
25th January 2004, 03:59 PM
No, there are more moves.

To start, there are the moves from the old games that were not in Ruby/Sapphire, like Super Fang, Metronome, Pay Day... you name it.

Second, some entirely new moves are going to be in the game, like a move called "Follow Me" (I'm not sure what it does, but I think it's only good for two-on-two battles). And Featherdance (a Flying attack that the Pidgey family learns).

- Brian

Chris 2.1
25th January 2004, 04:18 PM
Featherdance, I think, lowers the opponents speed either 2 levels or speed and something else. I'm not sure.

Isn't there an attack the Seel family learn that wasnt in RS?

EDIT: Icicle spear, learned through breeding. I can't find out who it learns it from, though. Any ideas?

HavoX
25th January 2004, 04:25 PM
Second, some entirely new moves are going to be in the game, like a move called "Follow Me" (I'm not sure what it does, but I think it's only good for two-on-two battles). And Featherdance (a Flying attack that the Pidgey family learns).

While I was doing a Yahoo! search on information regarding Deoxys, I came across this neat Pokémon site called "Pokémon Forever" (which is ran by some dude named Chris Fritz, a.k.a. "Meowth346"), and it had almost EVERY information on Pokémon R/S, G/S, and R/B/G/Y.

The site included a list of every move in R/S (including "Follow Me" in which the user who uses it will take all hits from the opponents' attacks.)

There are also three more attacks that work exactly like the Hyper Beam attack. One is a Grass type, the second is a Water type, and the third is a Fire type.

EDIT: ah, the hell with it: http://pokefor.mygcs.de/meowth346/rs/moves/

Dark Sage
25th January 2004, 04:28 PM
Those three moves are called Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, and...

I forget the name of the Fire one.

- Venusaur

HavoX
25th January 2004, 04:29 PM
Blast Burn

GirlRepellant
25th January 2004, 04:56 PM
Here's the entry for Follow Me:

Follow Me 0 100% 20 Normal User takes all hits from opponents' attacks. Best used in 2VS2 battles.

"Best used"? How would you use it in 1v1?

Gralion
26th January 2004, 10:51 AM
Those three moves are called Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, and...

I forget the name of the Fire one.

- Venusaur

What Pokemon can learn those Moves?

Thanks!

Silent Dragonfly
26th January 2004, 10:56 AM
Nothing learns Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant or Hydro Cannon naturally or through breeding, but most people think there will be a Crystal-like Move Tutor for them.

mudkip007
26th January 2004, 06:00 PM
Thats awesome!

Will they be compatible with R/S? Because they weren't in those, and no one's said anything about them before this so I don't know if they were programmed in R/S or not. I'm just curios to see if you can trade/battle with them.

ChesterBLover
26th January 2004, 07:47 PM
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_01.gif

I know you said Johto probably isn't in it, but doesn't that look like Olivine city or whatever? I dunno, it just rang a bell..

347Studboy
26th January 2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by mudkip007
Thats awesome!

Will they be compatible with R/S? Because they weren't in those, and no one's said anything about them before this so I don't know if they were programmed in R/S or not. I'm just curios to see if you can trade/battle with them.

They certainly were in RS; some people used GameShark to see them in battle. We've actually known about them for some time (and by "we", I mean the bigger Pokémon dorks, like the ones who actually use the "é"). But there is no non-cheating method for a Pokémon to learn them yet, so they aren't that widely known about, I guess.

If I find one of the many older topics regarding these moves, I'll link to it. That might give you more information.

Speaking of linking, to make this post more topic-related, is there any news on whether or not there's a legal way to obtain these moves... perhaps in Fire Red or Leaf Green/Water Blue?

EDIT:
Originally posted by ChesterBLover
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/game/images/fireleaf04_01.gif

I know you said Johto probably isn't in it, but doesn't that look like Olivine city or whatever? I dunno, it just rang a bell..

It sounds like that place has been confirmed as one of the "Mystery Islands"... there were a few posts about it in the previous page of this thread. Which is a real shame on two counts: one, this destroys the mystery of this island (as far as I'm concerned), and two, well, it's not Olivine City.

Oh, and for those of you who caught my double post, sorry 'bout that.

Animelee
27th January 2004, 07:09 AM
*Animelee gets, uh, ROM*

Animelee's friend searches for Wakaka Town (New Bark Town).

FINDS THE NAME!

Searches for other cities like Yoshino or Enju, and no data is found.

Johto's not in Leaf/Fire.

More data as Filb and I play.

I know these are smameless plugs, but, uh:

www.filb.de
www.animelee.tk

Fossil Kabutops
27th January 2004, 07:58 AM
*Animelee gets, uh, ROM*

Animelee's friend searches for Wakaka Town (New Bark Town).

FINDS THE NAME!

Searches for other cities like Yoshino or Enju, and no data is found.

Johto's not in Leaf/Fire.

More data as Filb and I play.

I know these are smameless plugs, but, uh:

www.filb.de
www.animelee.tk
I'm SO jealous about you:( I also wanna play Fire Red!

Kojiro
27th January 2004, 09:15 AM
Too bad I cannot ask you where you got it on this board.

BUT I AM SO JEALOUS, BTW IS THE MUSIC IMPROVED?

Animelee
27th January 2004, 09:20 AM
The music is so much better. They're all remixed versions of the music from GRBY.

Now, even items have their own sprites when you look at them in your bag!

This is the upgrade to R/S, people. When I buy this game when it comes out in English, I plan to transfer all my Pokemon and items to Leaf/Fire!

And, oh yeah, all 386 Pokemon data is in Leaf/Fire!

More in a few!

Kojiro
27th January 2004, 09:23 AM
Anyway, do you get to choose to play as the girl?

Also have you got the Pokedex, and if so how cool is it?

And are thier any new houses in pallet, or have you seen a Contest Hall?

Fossil Kabutops
27th January 2004, 09:34 AM
I want to know something, do the pokemon move when you get in battle just as in Crystal? or is it just as in R/S?

Kojiro
27th January 2004, 09:44 AM
Omigod, I just realized somethin!

What if J&J are in this one? They were in yellow, so why not this game.

Animelee
27th January 2004, 09:49 AM
Yes, you can be the girl if you want to.

Okay, so when you open the Pokedex, you have two options. You can either view the normal Pokedex (which is the National Dex), or you can view a special "Map Pokedex" that lets you view see where certain Pokemon can be caught. You can choose the lake, and it shows your Squirtle/Zenigame, for some reason. When you choose the grass, it shows you Rattata/Koratta and Bulbasaur/Fushigidane, for some reason. More on this in the next hours.

Same houses.

They don't move, they're stationary, like R/S. Though, they have different sprites in these games than in R/S.

Silent Dragonfly
27th January 2004, 10:26 AM
Wow, thats great, I cant wait until it finally comes out in UK.(proabably be ages though, groan) The original music was great, I cant wait to hear the new versions.

Also are you gonna give us updates as you go through? Please tell us if Lugia and Unown are in the game!!!

Animelee
27th January 2004, 10:28 AM
Sure, I can give you guys updates.

All the data for all 386 Pokemon is in the game, like R/S. I'll keep playing to see if Lugia and Unown are inside. :)

Kojiro
27th January 2004, 10:39 AM
Is there any new abilties for the Unobtainables?

Ones that none of the obtainable RS guys can learn?

Also please tell me if you see J&J, also how far are you, your site says your about at Viridian, i cannot wait to see how the forest changed.

Animelee
27th January 2004, 10:47 AM
Same abilities, same moves, etc. For there to be battling and trading between Colosseum, Leaf, Fire, Ruby, and Sapphire, things have to stay constant. :)

If you want to see their moves, stats, and stuff like that, then check this out: http://pokedex.kary.ca/rsdex.txt

No MK/JJ so far. No Rocket members, either.

Kojiro
27th January 2004, 10:49 AM
Hey Animelee, what is the Voice Checker, some guy on Gamefaqs was talking bout it, but I do not know what he meant, do you have it yet?

Uh-oh, noooooooo your site is down! now i cannot show my firend the pics.

Hope it is not my fault since i showed the FR message Board your site on Gfaqs.

347Studboy
27th January 2004, 11:13 AM
Well well well... this game is certainly interesting. It would appear that they built it from the ground up to be almost identical to the original games.

The Pokédex is cool, but tough to figure out in Japanese. Stupid French classes, what good have you done me?

The music is... weird. It's been remixed and updated to fit the GBA, and some music and sounds are straight outta RS, but the rest of it mostly has that primitive RB sound to it. It's kind of nice, in a nostalgic way.

They've enchance the graphics even beyond RS in some ways... when you capture a Pokémon, the ball lights up one last time at the end. It's pretty neat, actually. I'm sure there are more little quirks like this, but I'm not deep in enough to know for sure.

The most satisfying part is, of course, having access to all the old Pokiés! Yay! I can't wait for the English release, though I daresay we'll be waiting much too long for it.

woz
27th January 2004, 11:36 AM
i managed to take a few screenshots from the japanese version.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/wozpbs/firered/title.png
here is the title screen.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/wozpbs/firered/nidovsgengar.png
the famous nidorino vs gengar opening sequence.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/wozpbs/firered/potion.png
yes, the potion is still there in your computer.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/wozpbs/firered/rival.png
picture of your rival.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/wozpbs/firered/char.png
picture of the main character.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/wozpbs/firered/bulba.png
choosing bulbasaur in prof oak's lab.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/wozpbs/firered/profoak.png
picture of prof oak.

Animelee
27th January 2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Kojiro
Hey Animelee, what is the Voice Checker, some guy on Gamefaqs was talking bout it, but I do not know what he meant, do you have it yet?

Uh-oh, noooooooo your site is down! now i cannot show my firend the pics.

Hope it is not my fault since i showed the FR message Board your site on Gfaqs.

I have it, yep.

Don't worry, I actually am grateful you linked to my site. :)

Edit: I removed all the screenshots from the site, since everyone's getting the ROM from most major Pokemon sites. Thanks for giving me 60 views in an hour, people. Hehe, my "15 minutes of fame" are over. :/

HavoX
27th January 2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by woz
i managed to take a few screenshots from the japanese version.

*ingame screenshots*

!!! WTF !!!

Whoa, the opening sequence is neat! :D

GirlRepellant
27th January 2004, 03:55 PM
Well, we know there are no more contests (beauty, etc.), since in Pokemon info, there's no listing of what it would do in the contest. So that's something.

And just so you know, it's pretty easy to play the Japanese version... it keeps really closely to the script of the original.

Master Kirby
28th January 2004, 01:51 PM
Those of you who are getting the Japanese version when it comes out, (or elsewhere), should check to see if you can do the "Mew Trick" when you get to Cerulean City (teleporting away from the guy to the left of the nugget bridge using an Abra you catch in the grass there).

It probably won't since they are using new code, but if it did, That would be a way to get all the unobtainables "Legally" without a Game Shark.

It would also be neat to see if they put the Cinnabar island trick in for fun.

EDIT: For some reason the word "Japanese" is censored (***.) if you type it in it's abbreviated form; the first three letters followed by a period.?

lugiahoohgsca55
28th January 2004, 03:07 PM
Hay I don’t no about you people lol but pokemon fire red on the computer is grate if you won’t to play this game on your computer then aim or pm me and bam lol ill get you the site. Also aim me if you need VisualBoyAdvance that’s in less you jest won’t some pic's :)

bad:no: or good:yes: you chose your path

Poryhedron
28th January 2004, 03:22 PM
o_O Deletion, T-minus 5..4..

Chris 2.1
28th January 2004, 03:41 PM
Someone asked what Voice Checker is? I'll answer.

According to a website, it is a collection of all the people/signposts you've talked to/read. So like all the Trainer Tips, and people in villlages. Sounds nice.

Also, confirmed (I think) is that Moltres is on Island 1. It's at the top of a mountain, which has hot springs along the way to heal your Pokemon if they get hurt in battles. You have to solve a strength puzzle, and fight a Bike Gang before you get to the elusive bird, though.

Razola
28th January 2004, 05:03 PM
Is there any sort of TM list set up? I'm curious as to how it varies from Ru/Sa.

Dark Sage
28th January 2004, 05:21 PM
Good, Victory Road is hard enough without having to deal with Moltres.

And I believe it has been comfirmed that the TM list is the same as Ru/Sa.

That suggests that, with the Dive HM, there will be underwater places to explore in the ocean areas.

AKA Pokemon Fan
28th January 2004, 09:23 PM
According to serebii Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Metronome, Mimic (yay!), Softboiled, Rock Slide (yay!), Double-Edge, Counter, among others are available through move tutors but like TMs, you can only use them on one Pokemon.

Now my questions are, can any of these be taugh to RS Pokemon traded to that game version and can Mimic be used on your partner in a Double Battle? :-)

Rei_Zero
28th January 2004, 11:49 PM
No dive in FR LG. However, I here some pokemon learn moves that they didn't have before, like charmander and metal claw....is there any other pokemon who learn different moves?

Silent Dragonfly
29th January 2004, 03:23 AM
Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon are taught by move tutor on island 2!!! But can only be taught to your starter.

Animelee
29th January 2004, 05:03 AM
Moveset differences:

http://www2.netdoor.com/~riw/FrLg_LevelUp_Differences.txt

Dark Sage
29th January 2004, 06:23 AM
How can there not be Dive in FR/LG? You can trade pokemon from Ru/Sa into it... what happens if you trade a pokemon with Dive from Ruby into Fire Red?

Better check that again.

- Venusaur

Silent Dragonfly
29th January 2004, 06:53 AM
I think they meant the dive exists in FRLG but theres no HM for it

AKA Pokemon Fan
29th January 2004, 01:32 PM
Moveset differences:

http://www2.netdoor.com/~riw/FrLg_LevelUp_Differences.txt
Wow... Seaking with Megahorn, Crawdaunt with Crunch, Nidoking with Megahorn, Forrestress with Zap Cannon, Dewgong with Signal Beam, all those Pokemon who for some reason learn Magical Leaf now?! Just imagine what changes may have happened with breeding moves!

My only diappointments are that Rapidash, Kingler and Tauros appear to have been jilted in the learning new moves department.

And Charizard with Heat Wave and Metal Claw? I always assumed that since they had level up moves in RS that meant noen fo the other Pokemon would be learning new level up moves in Ruby Red and Leaf Green. Guess I was wrong. :D