PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Teachers - The good, the bad, and the very intimidating!

Zak
8th November 2003, 04:31 AM
Yeah, a school related poll for a change... cause I'm a bit pissed off with school and teachers and crap right now, so I thought I'd post a poll:

1. Who's the nicest teacher you've ever had?

2. What's the nicest thing a teacher has ever done for you?

3. Have you ever sucked up/been a pet?

4. Have you ever gotten in trouble?

5. For what?

6. Ever been suspended? (For what if yes)

7. If not, what's the most evil thing you did?

8. What type of school do you go to? (public, private, christian, special ed, homeschool, etc.)

9. Who's the meanest teacher you ever had?

10. What did she do?

11. What's the most outrageous, ridiculous, stupid thing you've seen a teacher/principal/staff member do?

12. Have you ever had a crush on a teacher =O

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. Probably my 8th grade History teacher Mr. Roy. He was 8) , joked around a lot, had the best sense of humor, and was a riot... he had inside jokes with every class, and I actually LEARNED stuff from him. =D

2. Um... I can't really say. Although if I had to, probably... around the end of the term, my English teacher Ms. Blasbalg did a fun activity with us, bar MY request.

3. No, can't say I have.

4. Yes, but usually for late homework or tardyness. However, I recently dug myself in a deep pit for saying "orgy" IN A SOCIAL CONVERSATION NOT INVOLVING ANY TEACHERS OR STAFF MEMBERS. It was just between me and my friends, and a teacher overheard me, made a big deal out of it, called my parents, made me look like a sexual assaulter, and basically embarrassed me in front of them and a lot of people. >_> I'll never forgive them.

5. See 4... I got carried away and typed it all, not gonna bother fixing it.

6. No, contrary to the rumors in Ummmm.

7. Back in 5th grade I did a tiny bit of grafitti in the bathroom out of anger... but all it was was "*teachernamehere* is a jerk!" Nothing lewd or anything, xD.

8. It's a program called Springboard, but only in it part time. I'll probably be going to a public school in a couple weeks. This is just temp...

9. Mean... hmm... I guess Ms. Parnes in 2-6 grade. She was sexist...

10. She mainly treated the boys unfairly and gave us less priveleges, and was hard on us... and treated the girls like God's gifts. For example, there were constant floods in the Boys' bathroom, and she used that as an excuse to keep us from going to the bathroom, while she let the girls go... :x

11. Well, back in 1st and 2nd grade we had a principal who SMOKED in front of us kiddies. He was later fired... lol. But other than that... as above, the sexist teacher doing that, as well as another thing: Well, over in my private school, we tended to have Health seperately between the boys and the girls. The girls had... HER (she's actually the History/English teacher), and we had Mr. Etre, the coolest Science teacher ever.
Now, I do know for a fact that Ms. P. is openly lesbian. But as of this thing that went on during Health class, I wasn't there, but I heard from several reliable sources about this incident, including my sister, and a few friends. For one, I heard she was saying all sorts of falsee sexist bull**** about males. Yes, I know they're considered horny, but she went overboard. She said **** like "Boys are dopey, they only torture girls because they like them" (Yes, she used "dopey"). "One day this annoying boy tied my hair to a a poll during recess, but it was blatantly obvious because he was doing that because he liked me".
Pfft... She's a tub of LARD, with a pug face... okay, maybe that's a shallow assumption, but I mean... she's NOT the type of girl that guys would chase. She looks almost like Ms. Trunchbull from 'Matilda', and that's a literal comparison. Except she has a normal voice.
Anyways, after that, she used a totally "random" example: "Y'know, I bet if Jake was in college, and a really gorgeous 20-year-old looked him in the eye and winked, he'd be too stupid to realize it, he'd just be blind and walk away". Now, this Jake dude was not only my friend as well as the girlmagnet, which is probably why she used him.... but he's also one of her STUDENTS. She deserves to get in deep trouble for saying that... and yet he's actually one of the few guys she was NICE to... *sigh*.

12. Actually yes. My 8th grade English teacher... not gonna say her name just in case Godknowswhat might happen;o . I wasn't the only one with a thing for her... Heck, here and there I kept hearing a lot of guys talking about her chest, et. al.... x_X;;;;

~Zak

shazza
8th November 2003, 04:46 AM
My grade 4th teacher, 5th teacher, 7th teacher and 9th teacher(s) (this year).

Lied to save me from being suspended. Kingy is cool 8)

No.

Yes

5. For what?
Not much really, just the usual.

No.

Made someone cry, I may have done worser to other peoples eyes, but I felt sorry afterwards.

8. What type of school do you go to? (public, private, christian, special ed, homeschool, etc.)
Public.

Mrs. Walker or Mz. Brabham.

10. What did she do?
Just yelled for no reason and be strict and ****.

11. What's the most outrageous, ridiculous, stupid thing you've seen a teacher/principal/staff member do?
Two weeks ago Mrs. Walker was getting called a fat ***** by someone and she cracked it and picked up his bag and through it against the wall.

Nope.

nightcrow
8th November 2003, 05:20 AM
1. My art/biology/seminar teacher, Ms Timko is the awesomest. :)

2. I've had a teacher spend much of her time trying getting me a scholarship into a private highschool for artistically gifted children... she got me in :) I ended having to move though.

3. Of course. I get around a lot of bad grades because I'm friendly with the teachers.

4. Hahaha yeah.

5. Breaking the dress code, having "illegial" items on campus, swearing, tardies, mostly little things.

6. Not quite. Last year I got suspended for having like 10 tardies in one quarter, but I got out of it.

7. Err... I've done more things than I can remember really :confused:

8. Private.

9. Uhh... Mr. P. His last name is impossible to spell. Anyways, he had a really explosive temper, and if someone made him mad, he'd start to attack them before he got a grip.

10. ^^^

11. Ms. Hockey knocked off Mr. Achtison's tupee. :x

12. Yes... X_x What can I say though? He was a 23 year old surfer and DAAAMN FINE! :yes:

titandude21
8th November 2003, 01:04 PM
1. 7th grade algebra 1

2. this wednesday my 10th grade AP history teacher accepted a paper late... the best part was on that paper, if you got a grade lower than your marking period average, then that grade was dropped

3. never sucked up... but i lie about a grade when I know i can get away with it and lying about the grade would benefit me for my mp average

4. yes, frequently in 8th grade english

5. for being myself (aka an @$$ and a pain to the teacher)

6. nope

7. probably lying about one of my grades the teacher did not previously record

8. public

9. 10th grade gym

10. every time we have a fitness day (run around the track for 20 min.; 8 laps for an A), she gave us index cards so we wouldn't lie about the # of laps we did

11. my 10th grade male pre-calc teacher wore a cheerleading uniform for halloween this year... he's about 55-60 years old

12. nope... i haven't had any attractive female teachers and most of them are old

Syberia
8th November 2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Zak
Yeah, a school related poll for a change... cause I'm a bit pissed off with school and teachers and crap right now, so I thought I'd post a poll:

Nicest, I dunno... but coolest would have to be my 5th grade teacher. He brought his three rats, snake, gecko, and sometimes his Pomeranian (that's a dog for those of you a few cards short of a deck) to school and let us play with them. Oh, and he didn't seem to care if we didn't do our homework either.

I'm sure that if any of them did any, it would be so rare that I would remember it.

Don't think so.

When I get caught.

5. For what?

Let's just say, I'm the type that is capable of getting a 4.0 along with quite bad citizenship marks.

Almost, in 6th grade (see below).

[color=blue]Kicked down the door to a bathroom stall in sixth grade. Come to think of it, I was supposed to pay for the thing and still never have.

Public high school.

Can't say I really had one, but Mrs. Johnson (6th grade) was pretty bad. She was trying to deal with "family problems" and teach at the same time, so she was constantly pissed off and got people in trouble for the littlest things.

10. What did she do?

See above.

Someone tried to steal my wallet in 6th grade so I chased them into the bathroom, they hid in a stall and locked the door, so I kicked it down. Almost got suspended for that one. Miracle I wasn't.

[color=blue]If only you knew the teachers at my school, you'd answer this with a resounding "HELL NO!"

Mikey
8th November 2003, 04:20 PM
My 9th grade Spanish Teacher

When I was sick and came to school just to take exams, I did horrible on my English one so my teacher gave me an A on it just because.

Sort of, I always suck up just to act funny, I don't do it to get them to like me.

MANY MANY TIMES

5. For what?
To much stuff to count. Mostly talking to much and acting up

No

Told my 9th grade history teacher he was a lowlife, alcoholic nicotine addicted freak. I got like 5 detentions for it and a referal

Public

My Chemistry teacher this year

10. What did she do?
HE is just an arsehole

Forget the lesson on what they were lecturing about

Hell no

mistysakura
8th November 2003, 05:10 PM
Hard choice. I've had so many nice teachers in my life (and heaps of mean ones to balance it out.)

Me in particular? Nothing.

Yeah, been a pet, worst memories of 4th, 5th and 6th grade... never sucked up, though. I hate biasedness.

Yeah.

5. For what?
"Cheating"... way back in 3rd grade.

No.

I wouldn't call my "cheating" evil, because the first time I was just glancing around to see if we were meant to have started, and the second time I didn't uns\derstand a question and didn't want to ask. (Sure didn't learn.) Well, we "smuggled" a friend who wasn't in our class into our classroom once. That hardly counts, does it?

Private Christian. The christian part can be highly annoying.

My 3rd grade maths teacher. The one who caught me "cheating".

10. What did she do?
well, basically she hated me for the rest of the year.

Our principal dyed her hair the school colours on Colour Your Hair Day.

No...

Nuriko
8th November 2003, 06:41 PM
1. The nicest teacher I've ever had was probobly my second grade teacher, who's name I can't even remember anymore... x.x; But yeah, she was nice.

2. I'm not sure. My current Science teacher helps me out quite a lot, like she let me hand in an assignment that was weeks overdue, and has 500 requizes and retests until everyone gets 100%.. x_x;

3. I don't really suck up, but I think I'm a bit of a pet in Computers class, the teacher treats me all specially for some reason, and whenever she needs help, she asks me, and she lets me leave class early and stuff, because I'm such a "wonderfully behaved student" O.o;

4. Yes. ^^;

5. Mostly for not completeling homework. ^^;;

6. No..

7. I'm not sure. Probobly last year, with my other computer teacher, she asked me to hand in some project, which I didn't even start on, so I lied and said I already did and that she marked it, and said something like "It was on computer prgramming, remember?" and she nodded and said "Oh yeah..." and then gave me a 100... x_x; I feel so guilty for that now. >_<; I was actually planning on finishing it, and then sneaking it into her files.. ^^;;; But other than that, I'm mostly well-behaved.. X.x;

8. I go to public now, I used to go to Christain, but I switched because the people there were horrible to me and I had no friends. -_-;

9. Probobly my 5th grade teacher, who's name I again forget.. o.o; Not that it matters. ^^;

10. If I got sick in class, for example had a headahce, she'd just kinda snap "Deal with it." And if somebody was bullying me, which they did 24/7 at that school, she'd say I was making it up, even though she saw it happening clearly...

11. I have no clue. There's so many. ^^; Hmm, a few weeks ago, in Science, (which is on the 3rd floor, btw) we smelled something burning, ut the teacher told us to ignore it, and made us all stay seated, and then the fire alarm went off, but she blocked the door and wouldn't let us go, yelling "We have to decide on a meeting spot first!!!" And then she ran over to the window, and made us all go look, and pointed out spots saying stuff like "Okay, how about by that poll?? Oh nono, it'll get too crowded. How about down the street a block? Does everyone agree? Everyone come here and look! Nobody leave!!" Meanwhile, the school's evacuating.. and we're on the third floor... -_-; Luckily it wasn't a real fire... and the smell was just from the chemistry room.. but my god, if it was, we probobly wouldn't have made it, thanks to her.. -_-;

12. Umm... no.. o.o;

Interesting poll. ^_^

DarkTemplarZ
8th November 2003, 08:03 PM
1) My second grade teacher was very nice, and also my 7th grade math teacher

2) To me? Nothing.

3) I used to be a major pet until about 3rd grade. I never sucked up tho. Now most of my teachers like me, but don't single me out or anything like that.

4) No ****, who hasn't?

5) Talking back, doing other people's work, letting people cheat off of my papers, that sort of stuff. People used to pay me to do their work back in middle school ^_^

6) Nope

7) I did about 10 people's lab reports (out of 18 people in the class) for science, and the science teacher sadly noticed. Fortunately, I did those labs so they where completely different than mine, so I never really got caught. Some other guy pointed at me, saying I did that, but I just said I never did anything, and I got away with it ^_^

8) Always public

9) My math teacher right now is pretty bad and my spanish teacher in 8th grade was tough

10) They just make you work hard actually o.O

11) In my school all the teachers dressed up and one teacher, who's russian, dressed up as a soviet soldier, it was hilarious, some paranoid kids where actually scared of him for that day lol

12) Last year my entire class thought my math teacher was hot and I'm like WTF is wrong with you? She's your teacher! Worse yet, she's your math teacher! You should hate her with every ounce of your existance!

Silver Ledian
8th November 2003, 08:37 PM
I've had lots of nice teachers but I'd have to say that the nicest has been my Art teacher. I've had her for 3 years now and she's a great teacher. What makes her nice is that she puts so much of her time and effort into helping each person individually, which is a requirement in art - perhaps more so than any other subject. She's really helped me to become better in what I do and is just a friendly, decent person. We mess each other about also, but she knows it's all a laugh. :)

Generally given me compliments in my work. And nominating me for awards in school. And putting effort into helping me. God there's a lot.

From my replies so far you'd think I'd be one of those people but, no, I've never sucked up. Although some teachers see me as their best pupil in the class, which is a compliment to me, but sometimes puts me in an awkward position ^^;;;

Just for talking...nothing too major actually.

5. For what?
See [4]

Nope, I haven't got the attitude for that to happen to me.

Well...when I was 10, I remember 3 of us were on the computer and we were kids so it was funny. We were learning about the body and we saw these diagrams of a man and a woman - naked. Our time on the computer was over so everyone sat down but I sneakily, to get a laugh out of the class, kept up the window with the diagram of the naked woman and everyone burst out laughing. Of course when the teacher got really angry I freaked out and ended up saying it wasn't me and started crying. The other 2 kids weren't blamed but I think my teacher thought it was one of them rather than me. Naughty Eamon =X

It's a Catholic Grammar school, a.k.a. high/secondary school. Nothing special...not really different from other schools except religion class is different - obviously ^^;

Probably the ***** music teacher I had when I used to do music. She gave 2-page essays if you left your homework/manuscript/recorder at home accidentally - *****!

10. What did she do?
See [9]

I actually can't remember really but the one thing I thought was hilarious was the teachers 3-legged race at Sports Day a few years ago. They were all hilarious. Oh, and one I didn't see was one of the fat teachers falling down the grass bank and rolling down alongside her dogs XD

Not that I can remember but I probably have had at one point or another :D

classy_cat18
9th November 2003, 09:25 PM
Mrs. Winn, 6th grade science teacher

Mrs. Winn bought me a poem book by Shel Silverstein (love him).

Time and time again...unintentionally. I'm just so sweet, it knocks 'em for a loop!

Yes, lots.

5. For what?
Not doing my homework, talking when not supposed to, being too hyper (elementary school only), being tardy, insulting the teacher (only once, apologized the next day), insulting the student (although he was stupid), sleeping in class

Not having a certain immunization (wacky, huh?)

I do no evil!

private college (Birmingham-Southern College)

Coach Patterson, 9th grade Physical Science

10. What did she do?
He made fun of me when I fell asleep in class. *adds to things that gotten me in trouble*

It wasn't stupid, but my 12th grade Algebra II teacher (forgot her name) once saw a student sleeping, blew up a paper bag, and then popped it. The student hit the floor like there was a shootout going on!

Well, there was the art teacher at my high school, Mr. Stewart. It was a small crush, though.

Girafarig
10th November 2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Syberia
color=blue]Kicked down the door to a bathroom stall in sixth grade. Come to think of it, I was supposed to pay for the thing and still never have.

Heh... In 2nd Grade I accidentaly broke the gym window. The gym teacher kept bugging me all April, but after faking sick on "high-rissk" days, I dodged the trouble and the payment! :yes:

Wergoheb
10th November 2003, 05:46 PM
1. I Have that teacher right now... Mr. Griffin

2. While not really a teacher... i probably owe the assistant principal at my school in upwards of $200 in food/cash

3. I am either a suck up, or a trouble maker... Never in between

4. Erm... yes

5. Too many things to count

6. Also too many to count. Ranging from fighting, to porn on school computers, to "blatent insubornination"

7. the most evil thing i ever did was a group effort. My german teacher ran off crying, and took a "personal week"

8. it is technically an art school... but i am here for one of the computer related majors (Multi-media)

9. Mr. Harrison... He kicked me out of his class 32 days in a row.
10. What did she do?

11. I have seen teachers fall down stairs... but some say he was pushed. *shifty eyes* i didn't do it.

12. nevar!