PDA

View Full Version : Misson Accomplished!

Dark-San
8th November 2003, 08:10 AM
After 2 hours, 9 matches and 4 rounds, *Phew* Wat an amazing experience... Most of the matches I played were tough taking into account that half of the tournament deck there is beatdown. And I mean real pure beatdown! Three Berserk Gorillias, 3 Golbin Attack Force...

Of the four opponents I met today, 3 of them were playing beatdown deck while the other was playing a Spellcaster deck.

Round 1:
Deck against: Beatdown
Speciality: Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer

Well as you doods know I am playing a Chaos Deck. So with Kycoo on the field, its a pain in the @$$. I couldn't even special summoned both Chaos. So its a good thing I still keep a Yata in my deck. I won the first match through Yata lockdown with my Jinzo on the field as well. Without being able to trigger any traps, the opponent lost the match. Things are much more easier in the second round when both of my opponent's Kycoo were removed by my own Kycoo. I use Dark Hole to send my own Kycoo to the graveyard. After special summoning Chaos Emperor Dragon, I triggered Sixth Sense to get upto 6 cards on my hand. With that, I used Chaos Dragon's effect and do 5600 direct damage to the opponent.

Verdict: Win 2-0

Round 2:
Deck against: Spellcasters
Speciality: Magician of Black Chaos

I lost my only match in this round, my opponent uses Tribe Infecting Virus' effect to send my Magic Breaker to the grave. He discarded Magician of Black Chaos. After which he uses Monster Reborn to special summoned both Magician of Black Chaos and Jinzo. Guess wat? Unlucky me, I had used up 2000 of my life point on both Confiscation and Delinquient Duo. So with 6000 left, wat can I be expected to do? However Magic Breaker and Chaos Soldier did help me a lot of win back the remaining 2 matches to get back into the game and qualify for the next round! You see I used Magic Breaker's magic token to rid of my opponent's Swords of Revealing. Then with both Chaos Soldier and Magic Breaker on an empty field, I went on a attacking spree and got a win using the same method in both rounds.

Verdict: Win 2-1

Round 3 (Semis):
Deck against: Beatdown
Speciality: Gemini Elf

The first response I expressed after learning that my opponent hav 3 Gemini Elfs was :o Especially since Berserk Gorillia is out, nobody should be playing Gemini Elfs. Much less say, both Chaos out after using Painful Choice. One whack will do upto 7100 in damage. The second match was tougher, taking into fact that my first hand consist of only monsters. But I managed to win no thanks to Dimension Girl!

Round 4 (Final):
Deak against: Beatdown
Speciality: Dark Magician <--- 0.o"

Hey this match was much easier than the last 2 previous matches. Simply too easy! I won both matches all on Yata Lockdown! The first match I use Emperor Dragon's effect with my Witch of Black Forest in play. Then I searched for my Yata and constantly use Yata to attack. The second match much less say. With Delinquient Duo, Confiscation, Forceful Sentry and Yata on my hand, how would my opponent even survive?

Now for the deck I did some last minute changes so it would be different from my last topic!

Tribute Monsters:
Jinzo

Special Summoned Monsters:
Chaos Emperor Dragon
Chaos Soldier

Basic Monsters:
Tribe Infecting Virus
Sinister Serpent
Fiber Jar
Yata
Dimension Girl [3]
Blade Knight
Witch of Black Forest
Magic Breaker
Magical Scientist
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer

Magic:
Pot of Greed
Graceful Charity
Mirage of Nightmare
MST [3]
Heavy Storm
Harpie's Feather Duster
Change of Heart
Snatch Steal
Dark Hole
Raigeki
Painful Choice
Delinquient Duo
Confiscation
Forceful Sentry
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial

Trap:
Mirror Force
Wabuko
Sixth Sense
Imperial Order
Ring of Destruction
Call of the Haunted
Torrential Tribute

Total: 40 Cards (15 Monsters, 18 Magic, 7 Trap)

Side Deck:
Blade Knight [2]
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
Swords of Revealing
Magic Cylinder
Torrential Tribute
Cyber Jar
Nobleman of Crossout [2]
Magician of Faith
Vampire Lord
Creature Swap [2]
Sankan
Suprise Attack Matasa

Total: 15 Cards

I changed the deck a little to suit the metagame around my area. So ya wats your dood's suggestion and opinion?

DarkTemplarZ
8th November 2003, 09:43 AM
nice matches. Your lucky u have Japanese tourneys, I can only play with my *** cards on the net and casual play. *bitchsmacks upper deck* What the hell am I supposed to do with my Japanese cards? Get rid of them cuz a half-assed version of Duel Monsters came out in America? Enough complaining, time to fix ur deck I guess

Magical Scientist?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! What in god's name is this doing here? Scientist doesn't belong in a Chaos Deck
-1 Scientist
+1 Sangan
Better chance of getting the CED+Yata search lock.

-1 Kycoo
+1 Blade Knight
Kycoo vs. Blade Knight, hmmm... I wonder. Blade Knight > Other L4 attackers.

-1 Snatch
+1 NoC/TT/V Lord
Any of those. Snatch is outdated and all-in-all useless. Most likely u'll give ur opponent a free 1000 LP before they chain MST to destroy it and get their monster back. Snatch would only work for decks that require lots of sacrifice material, and this deck has hardly any need for it.

Otherwise looks good.

G-MasteRuleZ
8th November 2003, 01:06 PM
woha ;]
leet bro
dont really know **** about YGH :X

wait
what place u took?

Dark-San
8th November 2003, 08:53 PM
4 Rounds 4 Win so? Got 1st in the tournament so ya much less say :D

G-MasteRuleZ
9th November 2003, 04:25 AM
:X thought there might be new rulz or smthing

Dark-San
9th November 2003, 09:51 AM
New rule? Nahz! Anyway there would be another tournament coming up, so any recommendations besides the above fix?

Alec Trevelyan
9th November 2003, 02:38 PM
3 MST + 1 Heavy storm + 1 Harpie's feather duster?! This is nuts for me, i'd drop 1 MST and 1 heavy storm... and, w/ imperial order too...

The Muffin Man
9th November 2003, 07:13 PM
Take out IO and keep MST, Heavy Storm, and HFD.

IO is pointless. It just slows them down until they pull Jinzo or Fiber Jar. Then what?

SWAMPERT1
11th November 2003, 12:13 AM
good job. one day i hope i could duel u. What did u win?

Dark-San
11th November 2003, 05:46 AM
A holographic Japanese Sinister Serpent~

Systematic Revolution
14th November 2003, 07:28 PM
Good job Darkyouth. Congratulations. HOW COME YOU ARE NEVER ON AIM ANYMORE?

Dark-San
14th November 2003, 07:38 PM
Oh! I changed my AIM a little way back to darkyouthtpm. And also lately I can't be online for that long so ya...

Yoh Asakura
15th November 2003, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Darkyouth
A holographic Japanese Sinister Serpent~

That is the crappest prize I've ever heard of lol Beatdowns blow now. Sick of beatdowns, they are just so pointless...

Anyway, Thunder Dragons are usually used in Chaos decks due to there discarding effects ((Dunno where my Chaos deck is...))

Nice deck though.

Just a little confused about Scientist.. Surely Kuribo would work better due to it's discarding effect...

But what do I know =D

Nice deck though ^_^v

Dark-San
16th November 2003, 10:05 PM
The reason I put in Magical Scientist is because that with a payment of 1000 Hp you can summon Dark Bautar from the fusion pile to get rid of effect monsters on the field! Yea most ppl would consider this stupid, but hey look on the brighter side at least Dark Bauter's effect doesn't allow the monster it destroys to activate its effect...

This range of monsters include Sankan, Witch of Black Forest, Spirt Reaper and Fiber Jar. Remember Blade Knight would only help get rid of flip effect and not all effects.