PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Hunter D/Pokemon: ~*The Song of the Nobility*~

Psi Yamaneko
30th December 2002, 07:01 PM
"It had started in the Years of M'an which ended in 1999 A.D. with the birth of the beast called Myutsuu and the start of the Nuclear War. For years, M'an had captured the elemental beasts called "Pocket Monsters" and trained and battled them for sport. They failed to note that "Pocket Monsters" had been around long before them....and would continue to be around long after. Myutsuu was an abomination. He was a clone of Myu who was the supposed creator of the world. He could not understand his purpose so he cloned Pocket Monsters and set them against M'an. He desired to create his own world. M'ankind could not withstand the incredible power of Myutsuu's psychic ability. In desperation, the forces of M'an counter attacked with nuclear weapons and devastated the planet. M'an had brought about its own extinction...

But the Pocket Monsters started to react to the radiation. They became more and more like M'an with each passing year and they started to spread. These freaks of Evolution eventually dominated the world using their knowledge of technology, which they inherited from M'an. They called themselves "The Folk".

The Folk became widespread and multiplied swiftly, but they relied upon machines to the point that they started to become lazy. Eventually, they became degenerate and more barbarous. When they reached the level equal to M'an's Middle Ages around 3000 A.D. a new race rose from the sleeping earth. They were powerful and graceful; they were fast and deadly. They were Vampires.

Any species of Folk could become a Vampire....But the very first Vampire was Myutsuu himself. He had been buried by the nuclear waste and sunk into the sea. When he broke surface, the sun burned his eyes and he fled into the caves near the fishing villages only to come out at night. This behavior led to the weakness of the other Vampires he created. No Vampire could survive in the sun, they loathed running water and they feared the sacred emblems of Myu. But, even despite these weaknesses, they conquered the world, declaring themselves the Nobility and the Folk submitted to them.

The Nobility held reign over Gaia for nearly 8000 years and spoke well of Myutsuu. Myutsuu had become a God in their eyes, a being called the Sacred Ancestor and Myutsuu had received a name. They called him the Impaler, the Merciless One. In the Vampiric language, he was called "Dracula". The Nobility erected a city in his honor known only as the Capital. There, they genetically engineered creatures to serve them and created the Weather Controllers, spires that regulated the global climate and blocked out the sun. Finally, the Folk gathered and overthrew the Nobility in a coup called the Great Rebellion. The surviving Nobles and their mutant creations fled into the Frontier where they continued to attack the Folk. These attacks prompted the folk to organize the Hunter class. This class was popular for years and was eventually broken down into specialty sub classes such as The Werewolf Hunters, The Spirit Hunters, The Lesser Dragon Hunters and the elite Vampire Hunters...."

~Yousatsukou

How to play: We all play as characters from the D universe or as original characters. The catch? We're all Pokemorphs! I would prefer there be only one of each Legendary but that's not a necessity.
The RPG is play-by-post. Third person.

Magic: The D books are set in Europe. So the magic in this game is Celtic. Each character can declare a Grimoire (spell book) to be master over. You can pick from the following Grimoires or make up one of your own. Keep in mind that you can learn spells from other Grimoires as the story goes along.

Faery Grimoire-Wicca
Black Grimoire-Curses
Four-Point Grimoire-Elemental Magic
Summon Grimoire-Conjuration
False Grimoire-Illusion

Other: I will be portraying D as a Mewtwo. I'll post his bio later. I'll also post the mission later.

The Form:

Name:This shouldn't be too hard, you can have just a first name, nickname, just pick a name, even "D" will do
(The following explains itself I think)
Height:
Weight:
Age: Since we'll no doubt have different creatures as mercenaries here, how old you are doesn't really matter
Eye color:
Hair style/color:
Birthdate/place: Please no "unknowns", I know it's tempting but this allows you to reach your full creative potential
Clothes: Your characters garbs(since this is an RPG, your character can wear the same thing every day)
Personality: We your characters like. How they talk and interact with others!!
Description: Describe your characters lifestyle (NOTE: If your mercenary isn't human, you can skip all the stuff above and just write a bio down here describing their looks)
Weapon: Every vampire hunter has to be prepared, you can have any weapon from mid-evil to today, and even make up a few on your own.
Grimoire:
Vehicle: Probably, you'd want an ATV with which you can attach weapons to. You can have any vehicle you want that exists today, and have guns attached to it if you want(example: a HUMVEE with a topside harpoon gun). Please keep vehicles within reason please.
Special abilities: Those of you who aren't human may have listed this above, but for those of you humans with some special skill, please list it here.
Familiars: For all you Castlevania fans out there, if you have a familiar, describe them here. They can talk, have special abilities, and fight if you want them to. (one per player please)

kalad1
30th December 2002, 07:29 PM
Name: Kalad "The Wandering One" Galadorian
eye color: an icy blue
Hair color:electric yellow blond, and it is in a flowing long style behind him.
Birthdate/Place:It isn't "unknown", just not commonly known and it's july 7, and he was born around where scotland used to be.
clothes: he wears some black pants and long sleeved shirt underneath some partial platemail, with some particularly thick gauntlets, as well as a golden cape.
Personality: likes making friends, buts avoids doing so to avoid them getting to be the targets of vampires.
Description:he is always wandering, taking commissions to kill vampires wherever he goes.
he is a Raikou based character, so he has a muzzle and occasionnally a small storm cloud hangs around, but he's pretty human looking otherwise.
Weapons(ahh, the piece de resistance):first off, he has a bladed whip on his belt, his right gauntlet is really a gun and can hold 50 shots, his left gauntlet contais a pop-out sword, and he also carries a big katana on his back, he always has at least 10 clips for the gun with him.
Grimoire:four point
Vehicle:a motorcycle with a few machineguns in the front, it also has jets in it for great speed boosts.
special abilities:can summon lightning anywhere, and can absorb electricity and use it later.
familiars:none.

MarillTogepi
31st December 2002, 12:33 AM
Name: Nova
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 115 lbs
Eye color: Emerald green, flecked with blue
Hair style/color: Flame red, streaked with gold. Normally worn loose to the small of her back, but sometimes wears it in a single long braid or pigtails.
Birthdate/place: June 16th, somewhere near what used to be Rome.
Clothes: A gold-studded black leather bikini top, black calf-length pants, a heavy-duty utility-type belt (for her gear), and black ankle boots. Sometimes wears modified black leather bodyarmor. Always wears a silver crucifix studded with bright citrenes on a silver chain around her neck.
Personality: Generally a friendly sort. A bit aloof, due to her work. She just doesn't want to see anyone be killed unnecessarily. A very intelligent person.
Description: Normally lives off what she can scavenge, as well as Hunter commissions. She specializes in Vampires, but also handles Spirits and sometimes Werewolves. She is part Moltres, signified by the brilliant red, orange, and gold-feathered wings that fan out from just below her shoulderblades. She normally keeps them folded around her in a sort of cape.
Weapon: A small handgun (kept in a holster on her belt), a pair of citrene-encrusted silver-hilted daggers (also kept on her belt), and a few bottles of holy water in a padded pouch. Sometimes uses a silver-capped dark wood staff, but normally doesn't keep this with her. (She keeps a few clips of normal and silver bullets with her. She doesn't often use the silver bullets, as they're very expensive.)
Grimoire: False
Vehicle: A sort of modified cross between a motorcycle and a motorscooter, outfitted with 2 machineguns on the front sides and a shatter-proof windshield. It also has plenty of storage space in case she needs it, and a sheath for her staff.
Special abilities: Well, she can fly, and summon small fires to her hands (This isn't very strong, but would probably gain some in strength if she learned fire spells from the four-point grimoire).
Familiars: T'ranna, a firebird about the size of a standard raven. Her plumage is the same colors as Nova's wings. Royal blue eyes. A wise bird with a sense of humor.

MarillTogepi
12th January 2003, 01:32 AM
You know, I just barely found this topic again, and I'm wondering just what happened. It sort of disappeared...Psi Yamaneko? Where are you? *poke poke* Was this just forgotten about?

Shadow-Fox
13th January 2003, 03:28 PM
This looks like a veddy veddy interesting RPG. I don't think I comprendo most of this stuff, but I'll try.

Name: Ceel
Height: 5'7
Weight: 128
Eye color: Sky blue, nearly white
Hair style/color: Sky blue, nearly white. It hangs low, around Ceel's waist. She places a rubber band-ish thing around the base of the hair, about two inches up from the ends. It seems to be constantly neat. Kind of.
Birthdate/place: Sky blue, nearly white! No, actually... She was raised around where Egypt was. Scary enough, considering she's quite pale, and not to mention her hair and eyes. Born some time around... December... 17? Sound good to you?
Clothes: A dark blue shirt with long sleeves. The tips of the sleeves are splashed light purple, and the center of the shirt is a Celtic design, which is light purple, light blue, and very dark green. She also wears a vest over her shirt. What color? Sky blue, nearly white. (You saw that coming.) Her jeans... Well, they're very light blue. Light blue, not sky. She drew on them, though. Pretty designs. Names and shtuff like that. As for her shoes... Sandals. Ooooh.
Personality: Loner. She's pretty much a loner, except for when it comes to her own clan. But, basically, she's a silent one. But she is very fast and accurate. She can and will strike a man down in the blink of an eye. Just when the occasion calls for it. She doesn't consider it very often. And she is very graceful.
Description: She has very pale skin. Very pale. Nearly white. (Screw sky blue.) She is a Dewgong, which describes her gracefullness... Can she have a Dewgong-ish tail? Anyway, Ceel is cunning and quick.
Weapon: Are Vampire-y monster thingies allowed weapons?
Grimoire: Are Vampire-y monster thingies allowed magic? If so, I guess Ceel mastered a bit of Four-Point, just enough to boost her ice attacks. But she's not a master, so I didn't break any rules. (Did I?)
Vehicle: Motorcycle. *nods stupidly* Motorcycle with a machine gun somewhere.
Familiars: I wouldn't know. I haven't played Castlevania. But I SO want that game!!

Erm... Will this work, honorable RPG master? *writes her will*