PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Advance: A Ruin with a View!

Venasaur89
8th November 2003, 09:57 AM
So, this was the 2nd PA episode. People living here in US have already seen it in MArch, but I still enjoyed seeing it. May battling with the Azurill was pretty good, torchic was funny. Team MAgma was gr8 too. Oldale looked exactly like I imagined, surrounded by mountains, a small town. May reminded me of Misty when she changed the topic from "Petalburg Gym" ash was talking about. Graphics were gr8!

9/10

Rocketboy
8th November 2003, 11:40 AM
Yes, May will probably be like Misty and leave Ash to battle and when he gets there she will just come out of nowhere and declare that she is realated to the gym leader.

Norman: May, how did you get

May: don't worry, I'll pay for the window!

Ein Katze
9th November 2003, 02:54 PM
This was a very good episode. I like May and Max.

next time try to include a bit more in your post then this
- Craig

Entropy
9th November 2003, 03:16 PM
The episode in comparison to March's preview is identical, change-wise. The cut of TR's taunting 'pulling down eye lid and sticking out tongue' and the music except for the battle between Ash and TR. May's voice still sounds under average, but Ms. Taylor will probably improve it over time.

7/10

Light_Togetic
10th November 2003, 11:38 AM
It was an alright episode. I really wish that when they did episodes that have a legend/mysticism about them that they'd explain it a little more. All you get to understand from it is that there's some temple place with ancient pokemon in it. What exactly does all that mean? -_-

But as for the rest of the eppie, I liked seeing Team Magma. I wish we could've seen other fire pokemon besides Houndoom though. I still don't like the fact that May's bike got fried, and now she has family in the next gym which for whatever reason she doesn't want Ash to see (those were Misty's problems!!). Sorry, had to get that out... Torchic was quite cute, and it was nice to see May so concerned for it.

Hm.... speaking of May, I just (still) find it so strange that a girl who grew up with a father that clearly is greatly involved with pokemon, and has a brother that's practically a walking PokeDex, could be so clueless about pokemon training. I mean I suppose it's possible to have never watched or learned anything from Norman, but come on! Meh, it's the same thing with Ash when he started out. The kid was engrosed with becoming a Pokemon Master and yet he had no idea how to even catch a pokemon? Sorry, but I just don't see how that works out.

Anyway! ^^; The episode; I'd give it a 7/10.

Entropy
10th November 2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
It was an alright episode. I really wish that when they did episodes that have a legend/mysticism about them that they'd explain it a little more. All you get to understand from it is that there's some temple place with ancient pokemon in it. What exactly does all that mean? -_-

I believe the intent was just to simply further the episode along. You could say the same thing for many other episodes. Perhaps the dub made it that way.

AKA Pokemon Fan
13th November 2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic It was an alright episode. I really wish that when they did episodes that have a legend/mysticism about them that they'd explain it a little more. All you get to understand from it is that there's some temple place with ancient pokemon in it. What exactly does all that mean? -_-
We may find out later on, as studying those ruins was a part of Team Magma's master plan to achieve their goals.

[/quote]Hm.... speaking of May, I just (still) find it so strange that a girl who grew up with a father that clearly is greatly involved with pokemon, and has a brother that's practically a walking PokeDex, could be so clueless about pokemon training. I mean I suppose it's possible to have never watched or learned anything from Norman, but come on! Meh, it's the same thing with Ash when he started out. The kid was engrosed with becoming a Pokemon Master and yet he had no idea how to even catch a pokemon? Sorry, but I just don't see how that works out. [/B][/QUOTE]
Maybe she purposely kept herself from learning. With her whole family involved in Pokemon and expecting her to be too then she may have wanted to rebel and so stayed out of it all she could. If she never went with her father when he went to catch Pokemon then it makes sense she wouldn't know how to.

Little thing to note.

*NOSTALGIA ALERT*

When Ash and May are eating we see Pikachu with a ketchup bottle again! That hasn't happened since the Dark City episode AFAIK.:yes: