PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Rods

Aznboi1243
1st December 2002, 06:57 PM
Anyone know how to use the rods? Nothing is happening when I use it. I'm trying to catch a Wailer. Does it only come out at night? Is there a day and night?

Yosmon
1st December 2002, 07:24 PM
if you're having problem with fishing then i can answer that but if its how to get it i whouldn't be able to

anywho to fish is simple when you cast the line you see a message box open and it will do dots like this slowly
if you get a bite a message will apear under the dots like this
..........!
*message*
just press A every time the message apears till you enter battle too soon or too late and it escapes

it usuly takes 3-4 times of the message appearing before a poké appears if straight away it is most likly a lowlevel 'karp

gstommylee
1st December 2002, 07:34 PM
i can't even get that

Achamo
1st December 2002, 08:43 PM
follow Yosmon's advice... Wailmer appears, i'm almost sure, no matter what the time is... i think you should try to fish where the red things stay longer... like 1 above tokusane city and by the elite 4 place

Charizard's Jet
1st December 2002, 09:00 PM
do kanto and johto exist in r/s ?

Subame
2nd December 2002, 05:17 AM
There is day and night, but they don't LOOK any different from each other, and supposedly the time doesn't work if you're playing the rom..

And if Kanto and Johto exist in R/S, no one has found them yet. It seems quite likely that they don't.

gstommylee
2nd December 2002, 10:24 PM
you don't understand i tried that and it still won't work

Azura Stardust
2nd December 2002, 10:50 PM
Okay, I also might as well throw in a question - where the hell do you get GOod and Super rods? I only have this crappy Old Rod which hasn't gotten me ANYTHING. The dots keep appearing and then the rod is taken back. Gee :x

A lot of people said that you gotta use Good or Super rod to catch Wailmer. I'm waiting to get a Super one to catch Wailmer at level 40 or so... then it's a lot easier to evolve into Hoeroe or whatever.

DragonLover
2nd December 2002, 11:43 PM
not true i caught wailmer with that old rod u just have to do like yosmon said

Azura Stardust
2nd December 2002, 11:45 PM
But I've been fishing billions and billions of itmes and all it says is

(japanesewords)!
(press A)
(japanesewords).

And then I ogtta fish again. I haven't caught anything iwth this. But nobody answered my Super/Good rod qns, where do you find them? :(

Latios24
2nd December 2002, 11:47 PM
Does anybody know where the ultra rod is? Please help me