PDA

View Full Version : Games you wanna get but are too old

Ein Katze
10th November 2003, 08:40 AM
I remember this Megadrive game from 1990 called Streets Of Rage. I'd kill for a chance to play that again since it was in the vain of Double Dragon which I also love. Other games I miss include Keio Flying Squadron, Golden Axe and Shinobi (original).:(

kurai
10th November 2003, 11:52 AM
Uh, not that I should be officially advocating this, but if you want to play the game so badly, why not emulate it? Pretty much anything is widely available in this way, so this situation doesn't really apply to me. Alternately, they often sell such games on ebay, at second hand stores, and in garage sales.

The Muffin Man
10th November 2003, 01:50 PM
Yes, there are certain WWW sites that allow you to PLAY AGAIN an old game, by getting it off to NET.

PM me if you're that dense...

Anyway, I wanted to play Ristar again. THAT was an amazingly fun Sega game, and I'd love to see it sequaled to one of the new systems or ported to GBA.

Yoh Asakura
10th November 2003, 06:52 PM
"Anyway, I wanted to play Ristar again. THAT was an amazingly fun Sega game"

Ristar is on 'Sonic Mega Collection' for the Gamecube as an unlockable game =)

I can play Streets Of Rage since I have it for my Mega Drive lol =)

There arn't really any games that I wanna play since I have all the ones I like lol ^_^v

Mewfour
10th November 2003, 07:46 PM
I want another crack at Megaman 2. I kept dying ont hose damn lightning bolts on Quickman's stage. What? Stop laughing!

Well, thank God for that new Anniversary Megaman collection...

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
11th November 2003, 03:31 AM
OMG, I remember Streets of Rage. After the 2nd to last level you were given an offer by the bad guy of the game to join his side. You could play the game together with a friend (like Double Dragon). If one accepted the offer and the other didn't you had to fight it out with your friend. Hilarious.

The games I really would have wanted to play but now are pretty much not available anymore are pretty much the entire DragonQuest series, Fire Emblem, New Zealand Story and probably Gradius.

Ein Katze
11th November 2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Mewfour
I want another crack at Megaman 2. I kept dying ont hose damn lightning bolts on Quickman's stage. What? Stop laughing!

Well, thank God for that new Anniversary Megaman collection...

You have to do the Flashman stage first and then you'll be able to freeze stuff momentarily. So on the Quickman level use the flash thingie then very quickly jump down the platforms before the huge lazaers get you. It is no wonder you have to be quick in this stage but Dr. Wily's stage is even worse.:no:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nace
11th November 2003, 06:42 AM
I wanna get BoF3 again, but I can't find it anywhere. Same goes for the MMBN series. All I have is BN1 and I've got nobody to netbattle with :(

andyizcool
16th November 2003, 05:18 AM
I really liked Sonic and Knuckles on Mega Drive and Sonic 3 on the Mega Drive the best two games.

~Andrew

TeleFox
21st November 2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by andyizcool
I really liked Sonic and Knuckles on Mega Drive and Sonic 3 on the Mega Drive the best two games.

Yay me, I've got Sonic 3, as well as Sonic 1, Sonic CD (Mega CD), and Dr. Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine. One of my old friends had S & K too... I should get in touch w/ him ^_^

andyizcool
21st November 2003, 11:17 AM
I think they should release the Sonic games from the Megadrive again but on the Gamecube or something all in one game because everyone really wants to play them all again.

~Andrew

TeleFox
21st November 2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Austrian ViceMaster Alex
The games I really would have wanted to play but now are pretty much not available anymore are pretty much the entire DragonQuest series, Fire Emblem, New Zealand Story and probably Gradius.

Heh, guess what? I was prowling through Trade Me (basically a New Zealand based E-Bay) just now and I came across a copy of New Zealand Story for the Master System. The bid's currently at NZ$9, which is about US$4.50.
Check it out here (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/Sega/0202-0474-0852-1080-/auction-7123117.htm) if you're interested. This game's rare even here in New Zealand... kinda sad really, I heard it was pretty good.

Yoh Asakura
21st November 2003, 04:12 PM
Um..

Sonic Mega Collection

Has all the old Megadrive Sonic games on it =)
Just thought I'd say, came out a while back on the Cube, I think it's a £20 title now =)

andyizcool
21st November 2003, 05:30 PM
If there is a sonic game with all the old ones on the Gamecube I'll get it if it's only £20 now.

~Andrew

Yoh Asakura
21st November 2003, 06:41 PM
THERE IS!!I HAVE IT!!!! That's what i'm saying!!

I bought it Months Ago! It's been out for nearlly a year!!

It has:

Sonic 1
Sonic 2
Sonic 2 & Knuckles
Sonic 3
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Blue Sphere
Sonic & Knuckles
Sonic Spinball
Sonic 3D Blast
Dr Robotnicks Mean Bean Machine
Ristar
Flicky

That's all I can remember.... some of those HAVE to be unlocked x.X

Click (http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/sonicmegacollection/index.html)

It is a very cool game, I can't believe Gamespot rated it as a 7!! thank god for the player reviews giving it a 9.

Strider
21st November 2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man
Yes, there are certain WWW sites that allow you to PLAY AGAIN an old game, by getting it off to NET.

PM me if you're that dense...

Anyway, I wanted to play Ristar again. THAT was an amazingly fun Sega game, and I'd love to see it sequaled to one of the new systems or ported to GBA.

Ah, Ristar... excellent game indeed.

And.. I recognize that "reference" up there as well... :)

Anyways, the game I'd like to play again is Ranger X for Genesis. I rented it many years ago and liked it. Later on, I saw it for sale at a store and was going to pick it up, but opted for Phantasy Star IV instead. When I went back for it a few days later, it was gone.

Oh well... there's always emulation.. :d

Lorelei
26th November 2003, 03:58 PM
I say Gauntlet. Goooooooooood, that was an awesome game. I wanted it for Gamecube, Gauntlet Dark Legends, but unfortunatly, they dun sell it anymore.

Damn that was a good game =(