PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon TCG Lesson #1 - Anatomy of the Cards

Water Pokemon Master
10th November 2003, 03:08 PM
Welcome all you non-Pokémon TCG players! This will be your very first step in learning how to play the Pokémon TCG or in refreshing your memory, if you are an older player.

Before I start this lesson, I highly recommend going to your local Target store and picking up a Sapphire theme deck for $10. I will be using it in future lessons as an example, so it is best that you get it before Sunday.

First things first. In order to play the Pokémon TCG, you should know what all of the cards’ anatomies are. Go to the following link and browse around the four types of cards (click the tabs) and hover your mouse over parts of the cards. Each part of the card will give you a description of what it's function is.

http://www.pokemon-tcg.com/p_learnplay/anatomy.html

Once you have mastered what each part to each card does, you will be able to learn how to build a basic deck, which will be next week’s lesson. Until then, you should study your Sapphire deck and take a look at the rule book that came along with it to get a feeling of the game. If you have any questions about anything, post it and other members and I will try to answer them to the best of our ability.

Until next week's lesson, class is dismissed. :)
- WPM

Kari and Mewtwo
10th November 2003, 04:17 PM
Next time i advise going against using the official site. Ah well, I guess this is for them noobs out there.

Roarkiller
10th November 2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Kari & Mewtwo
Next time i advise going against using the official site. Ah well, I guess this is for them noobs out there.

Noobs r exactly the target. But yeah, if it were me, i wouldnt link to any source for anything. I always liked going my own way.

Water Pokemon Master
11th November 2003, 09:01 AM
Have you guys even tried the link? It gives a good guide to the cards' parts for new people who want to play. What on earth would you want me to do different? Link to another site with the same sort of guide?

EDIT: RK, shouldn't this be made a sticky?

Water Pokemon Master
7th December 2003, 11:44 PM
Since AVMA has posted the link to this forum, I am assuming that many people who do not play the TCG are reading this topic. So, if anyone wants to actually learn the TCG, please post so I can know if I should continue on with the next lesson.

Water Pokemon Master
9th February 2004, 11:49 PM
Since this thread is pretty much useless, I guess it's safe to unstick it.