PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Fighter?

Metal Claw
30th December 2002, 09:12 PM
Do you think Final Fantasy characters could make a succesful "Soul Calibur-ish" fighting game?

It would feature characters related to Final Fantasy, going back to the first one--yet excluding characters for that horrible movie....I could see Cloud knocking around Ramza...Or Tifa fighting Yuna....

However, it would have to be done correctly, with good gameplay....or it would be another button-mashing mess...

What do you think?

dienamight
31st December 2002, 01:18 AM
Soul Calibur got the whole "3d fighting with weapons" thing just right, so if someone were to make a FF fighter it would have to be Namco. Meh, you could just swap the original SC models and characters with FF ones with no refinements or extras and it would still sell like hotcakes.

Eyedolize
31st December 2002, 01:54 AM
I guess they can. Cloud and Squall would be ideal for the role. They both are swordsman, so I assume they would qualify to the game.

woz
31st December 2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by dienamight
Soul Calibur got the whole "3d fighting with weapons" thing just right, so if someone were to make a FF fighter it would have to be Namco. Meh, you could just swap the original SC models and characters with FF ones with no refinements or extras and it would still sell like hotcakes.

yes it would, but i doubt square would even think of giving namco the chance to do that. if square were to make something like this it would suck quite badly...i note The Bouncer. "excellent" fighting game, eh?

Rudoku
1st January 2003, 01:21 AM
Did everyone forget about "Ergheiz"?

so fly supersky
1st January 2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Rudoku
Did everyone forget about "Ergheiz"?

Not really. Ergheiz wasn't that great, not a lot like Soul Caliber if you ask me. I don't think that's what everyone here is aiming for. I only bought it to see Cloud again.

woz
3rd January 2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by so fly supersky
I only bought it to see Cloud again.

exactly what they wanted you to do. ergheiz sucked. just another way to make some quick money.

Victreebong
5th January 2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Metal Claw
I could see Cloud knocking around Ramza...

oh, i see it quite frequently. Cloud starts at level 1, and Ramza by that time is around level 60+ (except for hardcore players, then it's more like level 25...). It's always so much fun to raise yet another peon into a great warrior when the rest of your team is 6 multiples higher than him. so what do you do? chop their ***, that's what!

imagine though Orlandu vs. Sepiroth...

Tidus vs. Zidane...

Mog vs.... well Mog...

and the bahamut battles! 9 generations of dragon madness! it'll never happen.

Metal Claw
5th January 2003, 05:44 PM
Hey Victreebong...

How about Squall/Leon vs. Vincent?

Gun vs. Gunblade....

Interesting fight, my gil is on Squall/Leon!

:D