PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what to do with this picture:

Azura Stardust
12th November 2003, 11:14 PM
:o I gotta go soon so I keep this short...

See, I have this stupid picture here, I don't think its the best but I did it anyway, its a picture of a person in japanese schoolgirl uniform but she's gone through all sorts of troubles inteh wild and what not (use your imagination) so I tried to make her look a little battered. (I was gonna add blood and some more dirt, but I'll do that later.) She just got up as well...

Anyway, I don't know if I should continue and add a proper background too, or whether I should just delete this. My computer is running out of space... :|

And also I want to ask if the colours are ok. :)

(IGNORE the background, I only put it there for the sake of ?!@#$%)

note: this might be a bit of a big picture.

http://www20.brinkster.com/shoreii/thing

Lynx Wolverina
13th November 2003, 09:19 AM
It looks cool, I like it, do an avatar or a banner from it...but why should you do anything with it?
Pics are MOSTLY for watching...

Agent Elrond
13th November 2003, 02:02 PM
I like it, and the colors look fine to me. If you're having space problems you could always burn a CD with pics you don't use much, and then delete the copies on your computer. Or you can edit out all the ones you don't like/have copies of somewhere else.

Just a though, and as Lnx said, I think it would make a nice Avvie. :wave:

Azura Stardust
13th November 2003, 07:26 PM
Maybe I should leave it alone on Brinkster for a while. :)

Thanks for the comments anyway...

ANyone has anything else to say about it? Maybe some C & C...

I'll say a litlte more on the picture itself: This time I didn't do the outlines with the pen tool, I tried drawing them manually and realised, what the hell I need a lot of practice. XP I'm thinking of making some of the lines lighter as I didn't mess up the colouring outlines soo much this time...
The colouring I just dumped the colours down and mixed em as well as I could when I did em, using Smudge and erase (50% opacity) and whatnot what not... and yeah, burn and dodge too >_>;;
I understand the hands look rather awkward; I regret it a little but I'm trying to make her look a little worn out and maybe thin - though her legs don't look so bad because in most teenage girls the legs are actually not as sexy as you imagine them to be ;) So even after wearing out and lack of food it doesn't grow that much thinner...
I made the shirt and everything look slightly soggyish and worn out also, but I have yet, as I said, to add the other stuff... maybe some blood (I like blood :D) and grass stains and such. Oh yes, her face also looks slightly dirty as I introduced a little dirty colour in it to give the effect.

What I like the most is the hair. :) I think I did a somewhat decent job on this one for once, though the original hair outline was so bad... I know she looks ugly, but that's the way I want it to be - I don't want to always draw perfect, pretty looking girls because a lot of us don't necessarily look cute but we still exist, so I like to draw a little more real stuff every now and then. (You get what I mean odn't you?) She would look nicer with a different hairstyle, but a. Like I said not everyone is so bothered about fasion and b. After doing... whatever she was doing, she probably has very messy hair, no? :)