Psychic
Fire Punch
Thunderpunch/Ice Punch

Lanturn
Ice Beam
Surf
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave

Feel fre to rate my team but 1. Which ones should i include when battleing as there are 7, what items and any EV Suggestions? Ill replace Solarbeam on Sceptile if Groudon is replaced and my order is First starting PKM is Lanturn or Miltic as Sunny Day would ruin them

GupLoaf
14th November 2003, 12:07 PM
I'd get rid of Groudon... you're team doesn't need an "uber"/ legendary/ whatever it's good enough as is, plus you really don't need the Sunny Day change nor Solar Beam on Sceptile.

Milotic: Good.

Blaziken: You only need one fire move on him. The following is the most useful...
-Brick Break/ Sky Uppercut
-Rock Slide/ Earthquake
-Bulk Up
-Overheat/ Flamethrower/ Blaze Kick

Sceptile: Go with...
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-HP Fire
-Crunch
(Use -attack +special attack (or) +speed personality & put EVs totally into speed & special attack)

Metagross: Agility over Light Screen is my suggestion, but the rest looks good.

Alakazam: Perfect.
(Same EV/ Personality suggestion as Sceptile.)

Lanturn: Good, but maybe Confuse Ray over Thunder Wave. I prefer the standard Surf, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray... but this could work well too.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

P.S. - Just be aware that you have a 3x Ground Weakness & no Ground immunity. You might want to replace one of these with a flying type or even bring Groudon back, but I think that would hurt your team setup more than it would help seeing as how Drought would work against 4 of your pokes in one way or another.

TheParadox
14th November 2003, 03:14 PM
How do i get HP Fire and Crunch

GupLoaf
14th November 2003, 03:41 PM
I don't know the actual numbers to assure you have it... it's more trial & error with Hidden Power which can be very tedious. The following link explains it (http://www.psypoke.org/gsc/dvguide.php), you'll to do a lot of number crunching to see if your pokemon has the right IVs & it could take dozens of eggs before you're get one. I think it's worth it, though for Steel Types.

Crunch is obtainable through breeding...
I believe the fastest breeding chain is just to breed a Salamence with Crunch directly with Sceptile.

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this breeding chain)

TheParadox
14th November 2003, 03:55 PM
I only got a male Sceptile and im not cheatin

GupLoaf
14th November 2003, 04:24 PM
If you have a male Sceptile & no one to trade pokes with to get a female one then just use a different move. Although, without using a Hidden Power move I don't think there is another special attacking move that's worht using so you might want to add a support move or something in that case.

TheParadox
16th November 2003, 08:58 AM
I dont understand y use agility because it raises speed which lets you go first but then u lose turn n e way by using it

andyizcool
16th November 2003, 09:09 AM
Groudon
Solarbeam
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Rest/Bulk Up

Milotic
Confuse Ray/Light Screen/Toxic
Recover
Ice Beam
Surf

Blasiken
Flamethrower/Overheat
Brick Break/Sky Uppercut
Rock Slide/Earthquake
Bulk Up

Sceptile
Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Screech
Earthquake

Metagross
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball
Earthquake
Light Screen/Agility

Alakazam
Calm Mind
Psychic
Fire Punch
Ice Punch

Lanturn
Ice Beam
Surf
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave/Confuse Ray

I've made a lot of updates for these Pokemon and they could be quite powerful now just try them out. I like battling with a Metagross and the set with Agility is my set that works great in battle.

~Andrew

TheParadox
17th November 2003, 11:56 AM
Yay i recently got the pokevirus but i was looking away when the nurse explained it so does it make evolving quicker or make the pokemon more powerful
and
Why use agility because if Metagross uses it, it will use one turn any way and a higher speed only gives one more turn, if you understand that then uu are a genius

andyizcool
17th November 2003, 12:02 PM
Pokerus just gives you double EVs on your active Pokemon when you KO a wild Pokemon. Example you get 1 Speed EV off Zigzagoon but with Pokerus you'll get 2 Speed EVs so Pokerus is great.

~Andrew

GupLoaf
17th November 2003, 01:04 PM
Agility is useful on Metagross because it has high enough defenses to withstand an attack while it uses Agility. After using Agility its speed doubles & it's now as fast as an Electrode. With its high attack & now very hard to beat speed it makes a virtually unstoppable sweeper if played correctly.

It'll keep (hopefully) OHKOing the enemy's pokes with Meteor Mash/ Earthquake/ Shadow Ball before the enemy can even get a hit out on Metagross or haze/ psuedo-haze it away (Gengar & Crobat with Haze could present a problem if they have a Speed Boosting personality).

So Agility can actually be a good way to keep Metagross alive longer. Also, this speed boost doesn't just last one turn it lasts until you switch or are hazed in some way. All stat raising moves work that way... they don't just last one turn. That's why they're so useful, they last until you pull the poke out.

TheParadox
18th November 2003, 02:57 PM
Ah ok thanks

GupLoaf
18th November 2003, 03:37 PM
Always glad to help. :)

TheParadox
20th November 2003, 11:41 AM
Does Sunny Day melt ice quicker? and any suggestions for items?

andyizcool
20th November 2003, 01:23 PM
Sunny Day stops any of the Pokemon battling being frozen while it's sunny.

~Andrew

TheParadox
21st November 2003, 07:48 AM
how do i get EQ on Blasiken, Sceptile, Metagross

andyizcool
21st November 2003, 11:51 AM
I know Blaziken and Metagross need the TM for Earthquake because I tried breeding it onto Blaziken but it didn't work and Metagross can't breed yet (No Ditto). Sceptile can learn the TM and maybe through breeding.

~Andrew

GupLoaf
21st November 2003, 01:02 PM
Yep, all must get it through TMs.

andyizcool
21st November 2003, 02:16 PM
Earthquake is a one time TM so the only way to get many of them is to have Ruby and Sapphire like me and keep starting one of them over and over again to get many one time TMs you want.

~Andrew

TheParadox
7th December 2003, 06:36 AM
With alakazam wont it get KOed most of the time as it has low spec/defence
and
can the pokevirus be caught more than once? I can see a dot when i look at their summary

andyizcool
7th December 2003, 06:39 AM
can the pokevirus be caught more than once? I can see a dot when i look at their summary
Yes, you can pass it onto all your Pokemon on your team you have on you. You need to have a battle and then the Pokemon you're carrying have a chance of catching it too. Store one Pokemon in a box with it so it will always be there for EV training you get double EVs with Pokerus.

~Andrew

soggy_cardboard
7th December 2003, 07:14 PM
IMO the standard Lanturn is better with parafusion, and now with Limber+own tempo, i think ya need both :yes:

TheParadox
24th December 2003, 07:39 AM
Is the power of toxic affected by Spec Attack of the Pokemon using it? as i was thinking of using it as a filler
and can anyone think of a name for Lanturn

Gligar_Man
24th December 2003, 12:24 PM
no toxic is not effected by any attackign stats...

Caz129
26th December 2003, 08:54 AM
How about "The Buzz"? It's the name of a radio station where I live lol...