PDA

View Full Version : Corphish and Mudkip, hated?! Surskit episode questions.

Kojiro
14th November 2003, 03:50 PM
Okay ya see I was watching this clip of the Surskit episode,and you know the part where "ready go!" plays?(on another note why did they use that song?) when the gang realease all their pokemon, how come we do not see Mudkip or Corphish?

Also why is Jessie acting like a sea demon,and why are they playing football,while saying thier motto and not even playing the Rocket Theme song in the BGM?!

Zak
14th November 2003, 04:08 PM
LOL Kojiro, on Palette there was also a discussion about the lack of Corphish and Mudkip there. I dunno, I guess it was just random, because if it was for a reason, most likely the Paletters who are Japanese and fluent in Japanese would have understood, and yet a topic was posted and no one seemed to know. *Shrugs* guess the Animators got too lazy to draw them. I know Corphish and Mudkip are NOT 'hated', cause Ash and Brock do indeed use them quite often. Maybe they just needed a rest after all.

And the football thing... I don't think there's a particular reason, its just a random costume/pose. Remember the Delibird ep (Dues and Don'ts)? And the Football scene at the beginning... which was just random, not like the ep continued to focus on it (Unlike Baseball in The Double Trouble Header). It was probably just for entertainment.

Oh also, before anyone asks... Football (the American meaning, with the flattened ball that they use) is NOT played in Japan, despite it being in the Anime. At least I don't think it is... because back when the Delibird ep aired in Japan, and same with this one, they referred to that thing as "American Football" (or "AmeFuto"). It seemed like they were surprised of it being played or used in the show... since in Japan, I guess less people are familiar with it as an everyday national sport.

~Zak

Kojiro
14th November 2003, 05:31 PM
Ok then, btw about the football,it is just like in Spanish,they call it American Football since,Football is Soccer in japan.

Well still three more questions left,what was with Jessie acting all Sea demonish,and why did Ready Go play,and how come the Rockketo Dan them was replaced?

Animelee
14th November 2003, 06:17 PM
From now on, whenever I talk about a Japanese episode, I'll use Japanese names, and whenever I talk about an English episode, I'll use English names. I'm not being rude, it's just that I saw it in Japanese, so I'll use the Japanese names. I hope that made sense.

Musashi was upset because Eneko went nuts on her hair and basically bit the tip off.

Ready Go! played because sometimes the animators like to re-use old vocal music. Probably to better emphasize the feeling of a certain scene. In this case, it was cool to see (almost) all of the gang's Pokemon at once, and Ready Go! is an upbeat song, so maybe that's why?? :confused:

Which part of the episode are you talking about with the Rocket Gang's theme being replaced? They were in so many scenes, so it's hard to pinpoint one. :confused:

Kojiro
14th November 2003, 09:06 PM
The football scene where they said their motto,the BGm was not the normal song,but fillery music.

Animelee
14th November 2003, 10:04 PM
That's the "Rocket Gang Grunt Theme" from the Gold/Silver/Crystal games.