PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Vaporeon

Craig
14th November 2003, 08:58 PM
I quite enjoy Vaporeon..don't you? It has a myriad of uses.. from a baton passer to a hazer..

Here are its stats

HP: 463
Attack: 228
Defense: 218
Special Attack: 318
Special Defense:288
Speed: 228

I quite like Vaporeons HP and Special Attack.. It can learn a myriad of attacks

here is some horribly bad movesets by me

Hazer Vap FEMALE
@Leftovers
-Haze (duh)
-Surf (stabby..and take advantage of 318 SA)
-Ice Beam (woot.)
-Attract

Attacker Vap MALE
@Leftovers
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Double Edge
-Double Team

Oh yay! Lets kick some A.. maybe put Acid Armour over Double Team cause you know ..vap gets acid armour and thats cool. Maybe return over Double Edge

I've heard that Vaporeon learns GROWTH somehow? How?

Sir Chris
14th November 2003, 09:06 PM
Well, I am a pretty big fan of vaporeon myself, I at this point I would have to say that the groweon is a very useful set, and I feel its hazing capabilities, while decent, are limited to a certain degree by an onslaught by say a curselax, who with double edge could just plow right through the defenses nonetheless, and although I have an impressive amount of luck, and although your attracting/hazing vaporeon is good in theory, I really do not like to leave things up to the roll of the dice when it comes to attraction.

anyway, the set I use currently;

vaporeon@mint berry
growth
surf
ice beam
rest

~ Chris

Strider
14th November 2003, 09:21 PM
Vaporeon is indeed a good choice. I would use Vappy especially for its special attacking, to of course take advantage of that. And of course, it has an excellent amount of HP to boot.

Moveset wise, I would use something like Ice Beam-Surf-Haze/Double Team/Rest-Acid Armor/Reflect with Leftovers.

titandude21
14th November 2003, 11:29 PM
growth is a nypc move, although there is near conclusive evidence that nypc pokes' DVs are noticeably lower than 15.

i'd go with surf, acid armor, baton pass, rest/growth or surf, ice beam, acid armor/haze/sleep talk, rest... both @ leftovers

Kari and Mewtwo
15th November 2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by titandude21
growth is a nypc move, although there is near conclusive evidence that nypc pokes' DVs are noticeably lower than 15.

i'd go with surf, acid armor, baton pass, rest/growth or surf, ice beam, acid armor/haze/sleep talk, rest... both @ leftovers

if i remember correctly, all the dvs were either 2 or 10 (10 since i think it was a 50-50 chance for a shiny)

SilverPersian
15th November 2003, 12:14 AM
Vaporeon@leftovers
surf
ice beam/curse
reflect/haze/growth/double-edge
rest

Cursing Vappy is helpful to scare blisseys and non tbolt starmies away, I think Syberia invented it.

titandude21
15th November 2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Kari & Mewtwo
if i remember correctly, all the dvs were either 2 or 10 (10 since i think it was a 50-50 chance for a shiny)

i've heard 2's or 10's as well, but i've never been to PCNY and there are some who dispute the 2/10 DVs, so it isn't indisputable to me yet...

SupremeChampion
15th November 2003, 07:37 PM
i would indeed put acid armor over double team, just to be nice.

Surf, ice beam, rest/acid armor, sleep talk/haze@leftovers

~The Italian Stallion