PDA

View Full Version : **POLL** Birthday Bird!

aragornbird
15th November 2003, 11:04 AM
YAY, it's my 17th BIRTHDAY! HOORAY! :D :D :D

So I made a poll!, YAY! :D

1. Are your birthdays truly "happy", or do you never get what you want?

2. Do you think you're too mature for colorful balloons and party hats on your birthday now?

3. What do you think is the "perfect" age to be?

4. Do you like LOTR? Why or why not?

5. Do you like birds? Why or why not?

6. Do you think you're good at drawing?

7. BOO! (http://www.chud.com/chudvd/reviews/images10/tttee12.jpg)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

1. Hmmmm, hard to say. I mean, I KNOW it's a special day because it's MY birthday, yet the birthdays I've had when I was younger were far more exciting and fun. At least my parents still have to buy me presents! :D

2. No happy, fun-colored parties for me anymore, though I still invite friends over. But I don't see why you're considered childish just because you have have balloons and hats and confetti and all that on your birthday.

3. 25, I guess. Old enough to get all of the oppurtunies of an adult, yet still pretty young compared to the average human lifespan.

4. Gee, you think I would call myself "ARAGORNbird" if I didn't? LOTR is a super fantasy epic adventure, and both the books and the movies are dazzling imaginative worlds.

5. Gee, you think I would call myself "aragornBIRD" if I didn't? Birds are the free spirits of the animal kingdom, and there's something really special about a bird when you really think about it.

6. Well, I certainly think I do, I mean, I still need practice in order to be called a professional artist, but I think I'm pretty good for a 17 year old.

7.EEEK! :o

Cheesey
15th November 2003, 11:17 AM
Happy Birthday, aragornbird!

They're happy if I get stuff I like, and I usually get at least one thing I like, so yeah, they're pretty good times of year =D

2. Do you think you're too mature for colorful balloons and party hats on your birthday now?

... Yes. xD I think that if I ever had them used on my birthday it'd just be a joke. =P

Hm... I dunno. xD I think about 15 maybe, because 4th year is apprently one of the best years of High School, and you're a teenager, and you're growing up... But you're still in your childhood ^_^;

Yeah, because it's a great book, the films are really well done and have lots of action and stuff... It's all done really well, and I've seen the films and read the books several times. xD

I like penguins. o_o Don't ask me why, I've just liked them since I was about 9 years old... >_>;

Yeah ^^ I get the best grades in my Art class, and I'm always drawing or doing something to do with art, so I think I'm pretty good. I suck at computer art though. xD

7. BOO!

*dies*

Elemental Seribii
15th November 2003, 01:06 PM
Happy Birthday, Aragornbird!

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I'm don't get too excited about my birthdays anymore, but they're still a lot of fun.

Of course not. ^-^

I'm not too sure, because I haven't lived very long. I don't mind the age I am now (14), because school isn't bad at all, and I'm doing okay.

Definately. I've got a nice comic version of the Hobbit, read LOTR seen the two movies, and I'm currently reading The Silmarillion. I also have the first Book of Lost Tales around somewhere.

There have been huge flocks of birds outside my house. I don't mind them, as long as they don't try to peck my eyes out.

I'm okay. The style I try to draw in changes a lot, but I'm decent.

7. BOO!
Ack! *-*
...Is that Viggo?

titandude21
15th November 2003, 01:34 PM
1. i don't really care much about my birthday, i just know it exists somewhere between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 inclusive

2. i've always thought of those things as nothing but a waste of money

3. probably somewhere around 23-26, depending on my financial/job/life security. if it's only about living life and having fun, then 21, b/c that's legal gambling age... the best year i've had so far is 14.

4. never read or watched LoTR

5. i like them, especially chickens, turkeys and ducks, b/c they make a great meal

6. no, except for evil mini-golf courses

7. god, that repulsive thing... wait a sec, i don't look any better

Katie
15th November 2003, 01:43 PM
happy birthday ab ^_^ hope you have a great day :)

the past few years they've really sucked. last year I had some strange bronchitis/pneumonia combination thing and my stepmom kept threatening to leave my dad all day x.x
no :3 balloons are perhaps the greatest invention in the world, they're fun to beat people with XD
10 :3
yes, it's a good story ....and ORLI! :D
yah I guess. they're cool to watch
I'm decent, nothing special though imo
7. BOO!
o_o

~Katie

Pichu
15th November 2003, 02:03 PM
Happy Birthday, aragornbird!

Not really.

I think so.....

25. Fully grown. Mature enough. Lots of responsiblities. etc...etc.

I only like the books. The movies suck though. >_<

Hmmm... I like singing birds... o_o; See torchic. I don't like Ostrichs though.

Sort of. I not creative, I like to copy things.

7. BOO!

*faints* x_x;

Remember to pick up your Hangman plushies and Riddle figurines today!!

Nuriko
15th November 2003, 02:05 PM
1. No, my birthday's are not a very happy time for me. It's friends and family that count, and well, that's what I'm missing. I had to make my own cake because nobody cared enough. -_-

2. I'd love to have those... but like I said, nobody really cares enough to get them for me. X_x; I think I used to have them when I was real young though... (and actually had friends..)

Not sure. I don't think there is a perfect age, to be honest. ^^;

Yes. I love fantasies, so... this fits there. Although I didn't like the books as much, (still did though) the movies were what really made me start loving it.

I adore birds. They're such beautiful, wonderous, graceful creatures, what can I say? x_x; In the wild.. so free... as they take flight. Oh, I wish I could be a bird. ;-;

Well, certainly not as good as you. ^^;; Er.. I'm okay. I personally think my drawings suck, but then I look back, and I defenitly am improving, so.. *shrugs* I still don't like them though.

7. BOO!
*heart attack*

Ooh, and happy B-day! ^_^ Hope your's is better than mine are.

Crystal Mew
15th November 2003, 02:13 PM
1. My only happiest bday was my 13th o_O; great day :') but every birthday is good I guess. Although, my 16th really sucked, so did my 14th =/ but yeah, I get what I want, but things don't make you happy. But I'm sure people already figured that out :]

2. Um, yes..... o_O; I'm 17 now, for my next bday I do not want balloons and a clown, kthx :wave:

3. Eh, I liked being 15...even though my bday sucked...I think being 15 is a good age, not too young, not too old... *is old* ;-;

4. HECK YA!!! I <3 LoTR!!!! Oh, I love Orli AND Frodo, and Aragorn ^_^; plus, I'm sucked into the story now, I can't wait to see the third :] I think its in what, 30 days from now? =DDDD?

5. Meh, they are ok.....I'm not fond of birds really

6. Yeah, I'm ok at drawing, but not the greatest.

7. wtf? o_O'

Have a happy 17th bday :wave:

Silver Ledian
15th November 2003, 05:15 PM
Yeah, they are...I feel sorry for anyone's whose isn't because it's your day. I know you've probably to share it with hundreds of millions of others but in terms of your family and stuff, it is :)

I don't think you're ever too mature for a birthday party. Birthday parties rock and although I haven't had one in ages, if someone had a suprise one all planned out for me, I'd love it!

I'll tell you when I find out

I'm not interested in it. Simply because I haven't read the books or watched any of the movies, I'm not really into reading novels and stuff. I guess that's pretty much why *shrug*

Yeah...I think birds are pretty special because they can fly and there are very few people that can do that on their own XD I guess some are really annoying though, like pigeons are just everywhere and I don't like seagulls either because they infest my school and **** over and over again.

I hope I am....I'm doing Art for A-Level o_O;;; I like to think I am but I've little confidence in my own artwork - I always think everyone else's is better than mines ^^;;;

7. *link*BOO!*end link*
:OOOOOOOOOOO FECK!

Jay
15th November 2003, 05:19 PM
I don't like you so no happy birthday.

I never get what I want so it's always a saddening time for me.

But of course. >_>

I don't think there is a perfect age. At least not for me.

No. Because I haven't watched it.

No. Because they are annoying and they plop on my head.

I was discriminated by one of my good friends over a banner I drew, so that pretty much sums it up.

7. BOO!

I'm too lazy to click.

Royal_Goddess_Tina
15th November 2003, 07:10 PM
"Happy birthday to you... happy birthday to you... happy birthday dear aragornbird... happy birthday to you!!!" I hope all your dreams and wishes come true this year and the rest of the years of your life... :D

-I get most of the things I want... But, no my birthdays are never truly "happy"...

-I like baloons especially those funny long ones that look like... he hem... not saying and ummm.... I never wear party hats, the elastic breaks off too fast...

-17 years old...

-Never seen it, but I don't like it... It's too fake looking...

-Yes, I like birdies... Because they are lucky cuz they can fly...

-Hell no!

7. BOO!
-Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! *Runs and hides under covers*

Agent Elrond
15th November 2003, 10:07 PM
*sings Happy Birthday*

Oh, they vary quite a bit, I mean, as I get older my expectations keep getting lower and lower, these days I don't even throw parties. :P But this year I got a nice brand new shiny sword! Even though it was two months late I don't care, I've named it Zable. :)

No, but I don't throw parties so I hardly ever get the opportunity.

9 years old and super annoying!

Excuse me? My name is not Agent Elrond for nothing! But you can call me Finduilas Tasartir if you want, it's my Elvish name. Oh, and by the way man i ven na Imladris?

Oh I love birds, even the ferocious parot in out living room. *sigh* But I also like Falcons, Hawks, Herons, and... *whispers* turkeys.

Yeah, but there's always room to inprove!

7. BOO!

Whoa! Nice teeth Viggo! Cute...

Edit: By the way Royal Goddess Tina, if you've never seen LOTR, how do you know it's fake looking? :P

Lady Vulpix
17th November 2003, 12:28 PM
Happy Birthday, AB! Sorry I'm late. Drop by the Reward Center and pick a gift of your choice. :)

1. Most of my days are happy, and I get to see lots of friends in my birthday, so yes, they are. :)
2. It would look weird. I haven't used birthday hats since I was 5. As for balloons... Well, they probably would look weird too. But I like them when I see them.
3. Whatever age you have when you enjoy your life. :D
4. I do, it was exciting to read it!
5. Yes, I do. They're pretty. :) I like most animals.
6. Same as Agent Elrond.
7. ˇAlto! Bah... Funny. :P

andyizcool
17th November 2003, 12:36 PM
1. I think birthdays are a happy time all I get is one game or two but I don't care because it's the thought that counts and RPGs take ages to complete.
2. Yeah I think I'm too mature for balloons and stuff I have a few friends round and we just play some video games.
3. I don't think there is a perfert age to be just don't be too old because you have nothing fun to do when you're too old.
4. What's LOTR
5. Birds freak me out except for great Pokemon birds like Skarmory one of the best Pokemon made.
6. I think I'm bad at drawing everytime I try and draw something it turns out really crap because I'm just crap.
7. That's funny...

Note: aragornbird, I was 16 years old like you were 17 years old on the 15th of November. I know I've just got back after 2 months off the Internet but why do you get a free plushie from hangman and a free gift from Dragon Tamers?

~Andrew

Lady Vulpix
17th November 2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by andyizcool
Note: aragornbird, I was 16 years old like you were 17 years old on the 15th of November. I know I've just got back after 2 months off the Internet but why do you get a free plushie from hangman and a free gift from Dragon Tamers?

~Andrew

Because he's good and we want to give him a birthday present.

andyizcool
17th November 2003, 12:41 PM
Guess I'll have to wait another year then ask very nicely if I can have a Birthday present if I'm still using TPM.

~Andrew

aragornbird
17th November 2003, 03:06 PM
Gabi: COOL! I can get one? Thanks!

Andy, I think you can still get your present, even if you're a little late, I mean, your birthday wasn't that long ago, it was only this Saturday.

4. What's LOTR

It's Lord of the Rings.

Jay
17th November 2003, 09:46 PM
It's common knowledge that when it's your birthday you can get something free from the reward center. I figured someone as of a high intellect like yourself would have known that.

Pichu
18th November 2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Jay
It's common knowledge that when it's your birthday you can get something free from the reward center. I figured someone as of a high intellect like yourself would have known that.

*cry* I didn't know that... >_<

I missed that last month... now I have to wait 11 more months.. *sigh* ='(

andyizcool
18th November 2003, 01:08 AM
I have so much about Pokemon on my mind I forget the simple things I might need to do so I'll see if I can get something.

~Andrew

AntiAsh Superstar
18th November 2003, 02:30 AM
1. Hmm, yeah, I'd say they're pretty happy, be this because they're just cool and everything goes right or because I have lots to drink, they're always fun. :) Last time I had Soo there as well and she got me a gothic pen holder... does that girl know my tastes well or what?
2. Mature? What is this? Hehe, that stuff's always been a bit too gaudy for me... or rather it's too much hassle to blow up balloons and me and hats just never mix.
3. Old enough to know better and young enough not to care. :D
4. Nah, not really, I'm sure Soo will try her bestest to change this opinion but it all seemed too long winded for my liking last time I tried to get into it.
5. Yeah, birds are cool, even though some are pretty noisy... :o
6. I'm not so bad, I can draw most pokémon and neopets to a reasonable degree of accuracy and that's good enough for my purposes. :)
7. @_@;;;

soggy_cardboard
18th November 2003, 03:39 AM
I guess, i dont get much out of them anymore, but i still get what i want.

yes.

hmmm, i dunno since i havent lived past 17.

I can sit through it. i dont hate it, but i dont love it

Yes, in every nearly every r/b/y/g/s/c game Pidgeot is my 1st or 2nd poke:D, and i think how birds just glide effortlessly is amazing:yes:

i like to think so.

7. BOO!
awww....dad, wat u doin on the internet?