PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Final!

Andrew
16th November 2003, 07:07 PM
Well it looks like its the Wallabies vs The Barmy Army in the showdown on Saturday.

For all of you that don't know, the world cup is like the... rugby union olympics, it comes around every 4 years and its pretty full on.

So who is everyone barracking for?

Also who do you think'll take 3rd place? My bet is on France and Nz to take 4th. It'll be a great match, but the Eurotrash will just edge them out.

So the grand final showdown, Australia vs England, my money is on Oz, cause if England's gameplay on Sunday was anything to go by, many fieldgoals a winner does not make.

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

woz
16th November 2003, 07:20 PM
what else were england supposed to do in those conditions? they were english conditions and i think they played the weather and controlled the french excellently. if you look at the scoreline, i think you'll find many penalties a winner does make. :wave: everyone thought france would dominate us, but they were wrong. france's only good spell in the game was the first 10 minutes. england won the game relatively easily after that.

as for the final, i doubt australia or england will want to give away many penalties in kickable positions, and i doubt either side will concede a try unless it's one of the best in the tournament. i think the game will either be an incredibly close one that will go all the way to the final whistle or one side will completely dominate and win by at least 20 points. i'll go with england in a close one though; 12-9 or 9-6.

edit: also, you can't have a tie. as for the 3rd place playoff, i'll go with the kiwis because i can't see france doing much if they play like they did against england. i also don't want them to win because they're french. :yes:

HedgeCat
16th November 2003, 08:31 PM
Meh, i dunno who. I just hope England wins. =D

Roarkiller
16th November 2003, 10:33 PM
Oh, THAT World Cup.

Sorry, on this side of the world, the only world cup aknowledged is one associated with ppl like Ronaldo, Beckham and Sukur. Rugby/football aint that big a sport in asia.

Dark-San
16th November 2003, 10:46 PM
Wrongo dood~ As for your information Singapore also hav a rugby team. We too also hav a rugby league. So ya there is still a number of ppl here in Singapore that watches the game~

I will go for the aussies. Lets hope the weather isn't that wet on the day of the final lolz...

Roarkiller
16th November 2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Darkyouth
Wrongo dood~ As for your information Singapore also hav a rugby team. We too also hav a rugby league. So ya there is still a number of ppl here in Singapore that watches the game~

I will go for the aussies. Lets hope the weather isn't that wet on the day of the final lolz...

We also got Golf masters, billiard pros, figure skaters, and a Polo team. U dont hear bout THEM much now do u?

Indecent Exposure
17th November 2003, 11:38 AM
I go for Australia, because England are boring to watch :)

Andrew
17th November 2003, 04:13 PM
Well when I was at a party a couple of weeks ago, someone had the World Cup on Telly and Stephanie came up, and goes "OMG is England playing?! I LOVE ENGLAND!" so we all drown her out and Tara asks her why, she goes "Cause they're all so good looking! I only watch the football when the Brits are playing" and with that she waltzed back outside.

So Indecent Exposure, if you're anything like Steph, that's why you'd barrack for them lOl.

SilverPersian
18th November 2003, 12:55 AM
Has anyone noticed how all Australian team sport players are ugly? Or is that just for me :(

I thought NZ was going to win, and I don't think Australia has the attacking prowess or consistent defences they had in 99 so I doubt they'll beat England. But I'll be cheering them on anyway ^_^

Indecent Exposure
18th November 2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by OzAndrew
Well when I was at a party a couple of weeks ago, someone had the World Cup on Telly and Stephanie came up, and goes "OMG is England playing?! I LOVE ENGLAND!" so we all drown her out and Tara asks her why, she goes "Cause they're all so good looking! I only watch the football when the Brits are playing" and with that she waltzed back outside.

So Indecent Exposure, if you're anything like Steph, that's why you'd barrack for them lOl.

Nothing to do with the fact that England rugby has been boring, or that I'm Welsh then? Fair enough.

Jay Umbreon
18th November 2003, 02:20 PM
As an Englishman it is only right that I firstly say Ozzy, we gonna kick yo aussie a$$es - best of all in your own country :P

And...Todd, as my greatest enemy and welshman....well, I think I just insulted you enough....we'll leave it there. *hug*

Johnny Wilkinson :) hooo yah.

~Jay

soggy_cardboard
18th November 2003, 03:20 PM
:no: noooo......:no:

The poor AllBlacks..................wat a crap game. bah.:mad:

.....sniff.......:(

"I support 2 teams, New Zealand, and anyone playing the Aussies..."

EDIT: You need a "The aussies got lucky" answer....

Silver Ledian
19th November 2003, 03:46 PM
I'm surprised the All-Blacks got put out, they're supposed to be the best in the world ^^;;;

Well, we (Ireland) were put out but at least we came second in our group I think it was. As for the final, I'm hoping Australia win...I honestly think they're a better team than England. A reason why I don't want England to win is because they'll probably go on about it for years to come...like they're still doing with the 1966 World Cup - it's kind of over now, in case anyone who does that still hasn't noticed --;;

Andrew
22nd November 2003, 05:32 AM
Ouch, what a heartbreaker.

Johnny Wilkenson won the World Cup for England. 20 - 17. 27 Seconds to the end of extra time.

Ah well, like Silver Ledian said, first time since 1966, enjoy it.

And Australia's World Cup winning streak is now over.

Enjoy England, you really were quite dominating in this game.

woz
22nd November 2003, 05:52 AM
http://www.xitahausberg.co.uk/General%20Info/GSD%20CLUB%20OF%20UK/England%20Flag.gif

great match to watch. england totally dominated the first half, but all credit to australia for coming back to level the score in the second half. england just had the edge though. 8)

cd
22nd November 2003, 05:56 AM
just watched it. great game. i was really hoping we could get up and win but in the end johhny wilkonson was just that good.

cd
22nd November 2003, 06:02 AM
not to say johnny wilkonson was the only reason england won, they're a very good unit i just think he is what seperated the two teams.

shazza
22nd November 2003, 06:06 AM
yes, i just watched it, a very good game, australia came back in the second half, but good work to england.

Jay Umbreon
22nd November 2003, 08:15 AM
we are the champions! maaah friend! :D

yeah, good game aussies. it was close. but hey, the best team won in the end...and won you guys at your own home too. :)

*slaps Eamon* in your face irishman.

~Jay

Dark Power
22nd November 2003, 09:48 AM
yeah, well played england (woooooooooooooo) especially jonny wilkinson, his penalty kicking was brilliant, also i think elton flatley of australia deserves credit putting the aussies back in it on two occations. All credit two both teams, but it was the better team that came out on top :D wooooo

dratinihaunter13
22nd November 2003, 01:54 PM
all my fellow fanfic mods are aussie, so this makes me ;_;.

soggy_cardboard
22nd November 2003, 06:00 PM
Now heres a strange fact to make ya feel not so bad about the ABs loosing[sp?]:

"The favourite has NEVER won the world cup."

strange but true.

upsets can happen under pressure:yes:

Silver Ledian
22nd November 2003, 07:11 PM
All I can say is no.......please God no.......

At least people in other countries around the world can avoid constant referrals to them winning the world cups, unfortunately, I must suffer. :(

woz
23rd November 2003, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Silver Ledian
All I can say is no.......please God no.......

At least people in other countries around the world can avoid constant referrals to them winning the world cups, unfortunately, I must suffer. :(

well ireland need to go and win a few world cups then. :wave:

Silver Ledian
23rd November 2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by woz
well ireland need to go and win a few world cups then. :wave:

True...still probably wouldn't stop the English supporters from going on about what happened eons ago =/