PDA

View Full Version : My Current Team

ShockingAlberto
17th November 2003, 04:18 PM
Ok, I know this team isn't perfect, but I'm curious as to what my rating would be and how I can improve. I'm still working on this team, but as of right now, I'm out of ideas. I'd also be more than willing to look for replacement with my legendaries.

Blaziken@Charcoal
Return
Sky Uppercut
Slash
Flamethrower

Groudon@Soft Soil
Earthquake
Slash
Overheat
Solarbeam

Manectric@Magnet
Thunderwave
Thunder
Crunch
Take Down

Rayquaza@Choice Band
Dragon Claw
Surf
Outrage
Dragon Dance

Gyarados@Mystic Water
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Thrash
Return

Dusclops@Focus Band
Will-O-Wisp
Curse
Shadow Punch
Ice Beam

Any pointers?

-- ShockingAlberto

Sir Chris
17th November 2003, 04:48 PM
god many a pointer for ya :O

Blaziken- well, me and my friend agree that focus punch is good times on blaziken, so go with that for starters. secondly, sky uppercut isn't that good IMO so go with brick break over that for a good fighting move. Lastly, put earthquake in the spot over slash, slash isn't good at all and you should try to avoid it flamethrower is a keeper

groudon- I don't know if this is out of style or nto but I like the bulk up groudon

groudon@leftovers
bulk up
earthquake
brick break
rock tomb

whee, a total all out offensive groudon, this prolly isn't vfery good, but give it a whirl for me and tell me if it works out, I kind of like the idea personally, but this is just one of my evil schemes, so its not tested or anything, but atleast get brick break over slash, k?

Manectric - I would put thunderbolt over thunder for accuracy, I have also more or less been a fan of accuracy, and70% hit rate is a little low for me. Its attack can not support take down and take down wouldn't eve be the best move anyway, I'd personally go with toxic in the last spot, but thats just an opinion of mine or if you want to put hidden power grass/ice in the last spot, that would also be advisable

Gyarados- the best gyarados imo is a dragon dancing gyarados, I'd personally go with

dragon dance
hp flying
return
earthquake

an all out attacker and very dangerous with 1 or two dragon dances under its belt

dusclops - go with leftovers over focus band please. Also add shadow ball over shadow punch, its a better move 8(. I would put rest over curse since there i no need to kill yourself through a move like curse when they can simply switch out and laugh at you.

Rayquaza - choice band and dragon dance both need to go, choice band means you can only use one move, and dd is a stat raiser, so thats been, keep dragonc law though and get 3 other moves, calm mind if it learns it 8) I am not an expert on this pokemon though

ShockingAlberto
17th November 2003, 04:57 PM
Question.

I've heard HP Flying before. Exactly how can I learn that and what does it do?

-- ShockingAlberto

Sir Chris
17th November 2003, 05:07 PM
hidden power of the flying type

you need the correct DVs for it, but since thats a hassle, and I sometimes forget that, just put aerial ace instead, it works just as well

ShockingAlberto
17th November 2003, 06:40 PM
Last stupid question, I swear.

If I had already used aerial ace and forgot it, is there another way to get the TM?

-- ShockingAlberto

Iveechan
17th November 2003, 06:46 PM
Gyarados can't learn Aerial Ace. The only other way to get Aerial Ace is to make a male Taillow learn though level up, then it can breed it onto other flyers.

I think Groudon still makes a good special attacker, especially if it had a - defense + special attack nature (Rash i think). Groudon already has good defense and ground has no physical weaknesses anyway, plus it has bulk up.

Sir Chris
17th November 2003, 06:54 PM
lord... what move a I thinking of then... O_o;;

lord, I believe you are correct lets see, I need to give this damned gyarados a last move, lol

bah, I seriously can't think of anything, maybe taunt for skarmory so it can't roar you out, yeesh

sorry, I guess it slipped my mind how gyarados cant learn aerial ace, man, one set can be so damned hard O_o

Caz129
17th November 2003, 07:04 PM
Sir Chris, why two fighting moves on Blaziken? Would it not be wiser to breed Rockslide onto it, or Bulk Up via TM? I have always gone by the "No 2 moves of the same type (cep for stat increase)" rule... what's the logic behind your descision?
*doesn't question descision in fear of getting answered by something obvious that, in my n00bdom, totally passed over*

Also, Al, a good rule to remember is that those move increase items don't do much... They do some but not enough to take the place of an item like Leftovers or a good berry.

Sir Chris
17th November 2003, 07:11 PM
Well, focus punch adds a whole new level to the game imo, and it is a golden exception to that rule, but I don't think the answer is too obvious

I just like it on there if I need the extra damage and I can predict a switch, then I can use focus punch and get almost double the damage on the incoming pokemon instead of the weaker(although more reliable) brick break, so what you have now is a move that has good accuracy and does more damage, but requires prediction to make. the no same type move rule is an important one, but for r/s now it can be side stepped on a rare occasion for focus punch.

Caz129
17th November 2003, 08:14 PM
Ahhhhhh...... *Is enlightened* *runs and teaches Blaziken Focus Punch* *Deletes Focus Punch because he likes his own moveset better, but still respects Sir Chris' opinions*