PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Zap

Strider
17th November 2003, 09:57 PM
Seeing how there is a Vaporeon thread, hows about a Jolteon thread?

Anyways... Jolteon is an overall good pokemon, in my opinion. Its speed is exceptional, has a good amount of hit points, and a good special attack and special defense.

Now for the moveset... What I like to use is:

Jolteon @leftovers

-HP Ice
-Attract
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave

Something of a standard, if I'm not mistaken. Should be self-explanatory here, I would hope.

Or:

Jolt @leftovers

-Baton Pass
-Subtitute
-Zap Cannon
-Agility

Baton Passer, respectively. Zap Cannon, although risky, there to make up for the lack of T-bolt and T-Wave.

So any thoughts? Complaints? Discuss.

Sir Chris
18th November 2003, 12:20 PM
I disagree with you that zap cannon is worth the risk, I'd just take my nice PP with t-bolt and a nice assured 100% accuracy par move in t-wave over that

Anyway, I know of two good jolteon sets, both are evilly good

first off, we have a slight modifcation of your first set

jolteon@leftovers(female)
substitute
t-wave
attract
t-bolt

total.. evil.. t-wave, attract, substitute... then they have to get past paratract 5 or 6 times in a row to beat you, lol, good luck to them ;\. ineffective against grounds and a few others, but its coverage is excellent...

@miracleberry
hp ice
growth
t-bolt
t-wave/substitute

heeeeeeeeeeres growtheon! an evilly good set that can be a very dangerous sweeper if allowed to growth a couple of times, very dangerous, can cover most anything really.

andyizcool
18th November 2003, 12:41 PM
How do you get an Eevee with Growth because I think that could really help my Jolteon or Espeon (Learns Calm Mind now) but talking GSC terms how could I get it for battles?

~Andrew

Sir Chris
18th November 2003, 01:07 PM
Its GSbot only, well, you get it at the new york pokemon center, so its basically for the bots only, so go with the first jolteon set for your in-game use, its leet

Jay
18th November 2003, 01:41 PM
I don't terribly like Zap Cannon. I'd go for Thunderbolt moreover.

Growth is sucky if it's not on the bots. Too much trouble with getting it, so don't bother =[

Strider
18th November 2003, 08:41 PM
Zap Cannon is indeed a bit too risky, of course, but if it connects, then there's always the chance of PARing the opponent. And since I would have no T-Wave for backup...

Additionally, since the main focus of the second set is for BPing, I would only utilize ZC as a last resort if the situation becomes unfavorable on my part. If dilemma goes south, I'd take the gamble to damage and PAR the opponent in one attack, like mentioned.

Elekidkid
20th November 2003, 09:57 PM
The problem with Zap Cannon, though, is that if you get into that sticky situation you'll only have a 50% chance of even hitting it. With only 5 PP (I think) it's hardly worth the gamble, while if you have a move like Thunderbolt you get 15 PP (again, a guess) but at a slightly lower amount of damage. The thing that gives Thunderbolt the edge, though, is its ability to continue attacking. While Zap Cannon will hit hard when it connects, it will only connect two or three times while Thunderbolt will connect every time (unless there are some extraneous circumstances). That leads to Thunderbolt dealing more damage in the end than Zap Cannon would. As a side note, Thunderbolt can still paralyze, but it is a bit uncommon. I'm sure you knew this, however.

Woah... I just lost myself. Did I actually use the word extraneous in context outside of Physics?

Gligar_Man
21st November 2003, 05:23 PM
what, no thunderjolt, 8(

SupremeChampion
23rd November 2003, 03:52 PM
i'll have to agree, t-bolt is prolly the more effective move. you're looking at ZC like it wil hit atleast 3 times, maybe two. remember though, there is no guarentee that it will hit at all, since the odds are 50-50 (me thinks). and, while i think t-bolt is the safer move, if you feel lucky then go with ZC.

~The Italian Stallion