PDA

View Full Version : which one.........

SWAMPERT1
18th November 2003, 10:44 PM
well for my PC i was thinking of getting one of the two games, Haol: Combat Evolved or GTA 3/VC. now i need help determining which game to by. right ow im leaning towards Halo for its FREE online compatibility. any responce would be nice.

SageofLaughter
19th November 2003, 11:53 AM
if you mostly play offline, go for Vice City.
If you mostly play online, go for Halo.

Yoh Asakura
19th November 2003, 03:12 PM
Either way Halo wins it.

It's near enough a direct port from the Xbox BUT, the PC version has some extra weapons.

andyizcool
19th November 2003, 04:51 PM
I think Halo would easily win here because you can play online for free and it must be very good.

~Andrew

woz
19th November 2003, 05:10 PM
i own both and it would have been a tough choice to separate them. for me, halo edges it due to the free online services. gta:vc is a hell of a lot of fun too.

DarkTemplarZ
19th November 2003, 09:02 PM
Either way, u have to go with VC. I mean, Halo is a freakin first person shooter, boooooring. Might as well get Doom or Wolfenstein 3D or something. I played Halo for 3 minutes and got bored of it, although I don't play online much. VC you can play for hours non-stop, you can just sit and listen to the hilarious radio stations, ect.

SageofLaughter
20th November 2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by DarkTemplarZ
I mean, Halo is a freakin first person shooter, boooooring.

It's that baseless argument that invalidates any other opinion you expressed in your post.

Yoh Asakura
20th November 2003, 12:21 PM
Vice City is a pointless game for immature children who enjoy killing people because it get's them hard....

Halo is one of teh best if not the best fps game around at the moment on a microsoft system....Half life 2 will blow it away though...

SageofLaughter
20th November 2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by YAMI YUGI
Vice City is a pointless game for immature children who enjoy killing people because it get's them hard....

Immature name calling by someone who most likely prejudged the game before even playing it.

I play Vice City, and I love it. Why?
Because it's a deep game with one of the best engines I've ever seen. The environment is large and detailed, the characters are charismatic and witty, and the soundtrack is almost flawless.

Fine, there will always be stupid eight year old kids who play it just for the violence, but they're just that - stupid eight year old kids who are too immature to look past the bloody surface of the game.

DarkTemplarZ
20th November 2003, 06:21 PM

rofl. True, Vice City is pretty much pointless killing, but that doesn't prevent it from being very fun. There's something about shooting somebody point blank with a shotgun that's really great :) But whatever, VC has the best sound of any game ever made most likely. You can listen for hours on end to the cool 80's music, hilarious talk shows, and crazy commercials. The gameplay is simple and fun, the area is huge and a bit glitchy after a while, but who cares.

And anyway, I fail to see what makes Halo better than any other first person shooter out there, except for online play and maybe graphics.

Yoh Asakura
20th November 2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by SageofLaughter
Immature name calling by someone who most likely prejudged the game before even playing it.

I play Vice City, and I love it. Why?
Because it's a deep game with one of the best engines I've ever seen. The environment is large and detailed, the characters are charismatic and witty, and the soundtrack is almost flawless.

Fine, there will always be stupid eight year old kids who play it just for the violence, but they're just that - stupid eight year old kids who are too immature to look past the bloody surface of the game.

I purchased the game the day it was released on the Playstation 2. It's a pointless pathetic waste of money game.

The missions are sad and simple, the weapons are basic, the character animations are weak as are the graphics in general.
There's no replay value to the game, it gets boring FAST. after about 2/3 hours of play you're bored and want something else.

If you think the game is deep then you have no sense in depth perception. As for "one of the best engines you've ever seen" well the only thing I can say about that is go and play more games since there are many with a far superior engine then the one used for GTA:VC.

But think what you wish. I'm not going to try and change your opinion.

PNT510
20th November 2003, 06:51 PM
Please, Vice City has tons of replay value, just because you don't like the gameplay doesn't mean it has no replay value for most people.

Yoh Asakura
20th November 2003, 06:58 PM
What replay value is there?

You're calling going around beating people up, running them over or shooting people replay value?

I'd like to hear what you're idea of replay value is.

And please don't post anything about the missions, they are drab and boring and usually involve racing accross the city on a timer. If I wanted that I'd play Simpsons Hit and Run, Exact same type of game without the gore but with a lot more humour.

SageofLaughter
20th November 2003, 07:10 PM
the weapons are basic

I actually think that having various catergories of weapons, with numerous weapons for each, is a pretty complex system for something that is essentially a driving game.

he character animations are weak as are the graphics in general.

No argument from me there XD

If you think the game is deep then you have no sense in depth perception.

I count the sheer amount of stuff you have to do in the game as depth. Granted, it's a different type of depth than you'd find in masterpieces like Eternal Darkness, but it is still depth.

As for "one of the best engines you've ever seen" well the only thing I can say about that is go and play more games since there are many with a far superior engine then the one used for GTA:VC.

It would be more accurate to say that I find it to be the best engine for the genre, but I stand by my opinion. I'm also no stranger to fantastic game engines (Ratchet and Clank is a CD shaped god).

Yoh Asakura
21st November 2003, 12:46 PM
The graphics for most PS2 games are weak. Nearlly 90% of game characters suffer from a horrible disease that I like to call "Square Syndrome". GTA is a game that suffers from this ((Square hands!))

"I actually think that having various catergories of weapons, with numerous weapons for each, is a pretty complex system for something that is essentially a driving game"

I wouldn't say it's essentially a driving game, it's more of a Senseless Killing game =)

As for depth, there isn't much to do when you look at it closer.
You have your basic missions which are usually patheticly easy for an 18 rated game, side missions such as Taxi & Ambulance and then you have the 100 packages. That's all there is to the game really.

I do aggree with the Ratchet And Clank comment. The sequal looks just as impressive. Gaming at it's best.

andyizcool
21st November 2003, 01:20 PM
Halo is better than GTA VC on the PC but I like RPGs on the PS2 like Final Fantasy and I was also wondering if anyone knows any free online RPGs. There was going to be a Pokemon Online RPG with all the chipsets and stuff but they cancelled it I wonder if anyone else could make one.

~Andrew