PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Generation Episode #51: Plusle and Minun! The Cheering Path!

Light_Togetic
19th November 2003, 12:57 PM
Okay, since I enjoy doing these so much! (Gives me something to do besides study for school...) And I happen to like Plusle and Minun (heh, guess the real 'hated pokemon' topic should be about those two) I'll do the next upcoming one! ^^

Advanced Generation Episode #51: Plusle and Minun! The Cheering Path!

Obviously this episode is about Plusle and Minun, again. We already got one episode about these two, so hopefully this one will be more significant than the first (which, in case anyone forgot or didn't know, was about a lighthouse, a borther and sister with Plusle and Minun, Team Rocket stealing a rock thing, and Ash, yet again, being accused of being "the one".) At least this will be the supposed episode where the new Intro is aired, so they should make it a decent one. Or perhaps they just think everyone will watch because of the the new intro... Anyway, let's take a look at the preview.

The Preview:

It opens with the usual red screen with Groudon on it, and then we start by seeing someone's feet walking/running, and then it goes to a scene with Plusle and Minun walking side-by-side and stopping. The kid is revealed as Kazuchi, the boy from the previous Plusle and Minun episode. (Yay... guess that means no one catches a Plusle or Minun...). We cut to Jessie and James talking to this guy about something, and then cut to a scene with Plusle and Minun playing a game of what looks like Peekaboo with Pikachu (heh, Peekaboo, Pikachu, get it?!). Then Jessie is standing with Seviper down in front of her looking a bit electrified by some attack. A bunch of guys are banging drums, and everyone looks all dressed up for some kind of festival/ceremony thing. These two dancer people do some kind of cheering thing I guess you'd call it. (It's like TR style of formations almost). Then we see Max looking sneakily behind a wall. It them cuts to a scene that goes back and forth from Pikachu being caught up in Seviper's coils, to Ash with a bunch of smoke around him. Then it goes to Ash commanding an attack. And that's it everyone! ^^

The Pictures:

Plusle and Minun! Aren't they cuuutte!! (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anima/images/anima_weekly.jpg)

Pikachu's Pikaboo! (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/052.jpg)

The Talk:

Okay, so we get to see Kazuchi again.. um... yay with Plusle and Minun. I didn't see his sister anywhere, so I guess he's on his own. In conclusion, this looks like a really boring, and/or pointless episode. It kinda dissapointed me. I suppose there could be some good aspects about it, but other than it has two cute pokemon it it, I just don't see 'em. Hopefully they make it funny or something. Uh, yeah, so there's the preview for those who can't see it.

JazzJazz
19th November 2003, 03:07 PM
Did anyone else get the impression that pikachu will learn a new attack after watching the preview? When pikachu is being attacked by seviper, it seems that Ash is trying to get pikachu to do something it hasn't before... just my thoughts.

Entropy
19th November 2003, 04:05 PM
SPOILER (well, if you don't have access to Japanese episodes)

Pikachu learns Iron Tail.

JazzJazz
19th November 2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Entropy
SPOILER (well, if you don't have access to Japanese episodes)

Pikachu learns Iron Tail.

I'm well aware of this. I was talking about pikachu learning a new move in THIS episode...

Animelee
20th November 2003, 12:12 AM
You have a good point.

Pikachu has an especially concentrated look on his face, and it's different than usual.

I think it's Charge, since he's charging up his electricity when wrapped up, and then getting ready to strike when escaping, or something.

I guess we'll see in...3 hours and 48 minutes.

Edit: I just checked. Pichu and Pikachu can get Charge through breeding, and Plusle and Minun learn it while leveling up, so there's a good chance he'll learn it.

Chris 2.1
28th November 2003, 06:14 PM
So...what happened in this ep? Pika learn any moves? Anything interesting happen?

Kojiro
28th November 2003, 06:52 PM
OPokelord,ItsayshelearssomeUltra-Lightigattackorsomethig,thereisaclipofittoo.

Animelee
28th November 2003, 08:27 PM
What happened? Your space bar broke? :confused:

Anyways, Plusle and Minun charged Pikachu up with Helping Hand, and then he used Thunder, which was super-strong. It was like, man, the sky turned black, and all these clouds accumulated, and, BAM!, a super-charged up Thunder.

You know in the game when you use Calm Mind six times, and you're amazed at the power? Just like that.