PDA

View Full Version : Rate my 2V2 Team please...

andyizcool
19th November 2003, 01:43 PM
Cradily@Leftovers
Recover
Giga Drain
Toxic
Rock Slide

Alakazam@Lum Berry
Skill Swap
Calm Mind
Psychic
Fire Punch

The point of these two is Alakazam does the Skill Swap so he has Suction Cups so he can Calm Mind and be invincible the Fire Punch is there incase something resists Psychic. Cradily can also Toxic them so they could switch out a lot also Recover is there to help them both.

Zapdos@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Drill Peck
Whirlwind

Lanturn@Leftovers
Hydro Pump
Confuse Ray
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

The point of these two is Zapdos can use Thunderbolt on Lanturn when he's weak and cover his Grass weakness. Whirlwind is a sort of Hazing power to make them switch. Thunder Wave and Confuse Ray will work well together to annoy them. Lanturn can just really attack and get help with his moveset.

Metagross@Leftovers
Agility
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Light Screen

Quagsire@Chesto Berry
Toxic
Hydro Pump
Rest
Ice Beam

I know Earthquake will hit them both but Quagsire should have good defence to help it here and it can Chesto Rest. They can Toxic the enemy so they switch more and Metagross can build up its Agility. Having Light Screen on Metagross should help Quagsire being double weak to Grass as well.

Please can you rate this team and tell me what you think?

~Andrew

GupLoaf
19th November 2003, 03:25 PM
Earthquake could be a problem for Lanturn & not so much for Metagross/ Quagsire. If Earthquake hits both pokes it will only do half the damage. Lanturn's in trouble with an Earthquake because it doesn't split the damage with Zapdos while Quagsire is good to have with Metagross as it will take half the Earthquake damage.

Zam's skill swap here is good, but be careful of attacking duos & direct hazers. Also be careful of Houndoom w/ Flash Fire because Alakazam will have no way to attack back if Cradily gets taken down.

I'd suggest giving Zam trace & then skill swapping with Cradily so that way when Houndoom comes in Cradily will take it's Flash Fire ability & become immune to fire attacks.

Otherwise, looks pretty good.

andyizcool
19th November 2003, 03:38 PM
How will Earthquake be a problem for Lanturn if Lanturn is with Zapdos to help with Volt Absorb?

~Andrew

GupLoaf
19th November 2003, 05:11 PM
Just because of Lanturn's low defenses... might be hard to keep healing it & do nothing else with Zapdos, but it definitely is worth a try especially with Lanturn's high HP.

andyizcool
20th November 2003, 10:57 AM
Should I swap Quagsire to Swampert because I think Swampert with the same moveset would still be better here. What do you think anyone?

~Andrew

GupLoaf
20th November 2003, 01:12 PM
I personally prefer Quagsire especially with Water Absorb, but for this team & the fact that it's 2vs2... Swampert would be better here.

Caz129
20th November 2003, 02:18 PM
*yells from a distance away* Go with Quagsire! Be original!

andyizcool
20th November 2003, 02:20 PM
What are the base stats of Swampert and Quagsire so I can see which is better for my team?

~Andrew

GupLoaf
20th November 2003, 03:26 PM
Swampert

HP: 100
AT: 110
DF: 90
SP: 60
SA: 85
SD: 90

Quagsire

HP: 95
AT: 85
DF: 85
SP: 35
SA: 65
SD: 65

andyizcool
20th November 2003, 03:33 PM
As you can see Swampert is faster and has better defence for battling with Metagross in my 2v2 team. Thanks for the base stats they've helped me a lot more now. Can some other people please rate my team then I'll post an update of it? Is it worth swapping Alakazam for Espeon with HP Fire or Bite instead of Fire Punch on Alakazam?

~Andrew

Caz129
21st November 2003, 04:00 PM
Si amigo, me gusta Espeon. Be original.

andyizcool
21st November 2003, 04:03 PM
Which is overused more Alakazam or Espeon in a 386 battle?

~Andrew

GupLoaf
21st November 2003, 04:48 PM
Alakazam definitely.

andyizcool
21st November 2003, 05:27 PM
Cradily and Espeon

Cradily@Leftovers
Recover
Giga Drain
Toxic
Rock Slide

Espeon@Lum Berry
Skill Swap
Calm Mind
Psychic
Bite/Reflect/Hidden Power ???

Zapdos and Lanturn

Zapdos@Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Drill Peck
Whirlwind

Lanturn@Leftovers
Hydro Pump
Confuse Ray
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Metagross and Swampert

Metagross@Leftovers
Agility
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Shadow Ball

Swampert@Chesto Berry
Toxic
Hydro Pump/Waterfall (Depends what I like)
Rest
Ice Beam

~Andrew

GupLoaf
22nd November 2003, 04:56 PM
Go with Shadow Ball on Metagross... with Agility giving Metagross good sweeping status there's no need for Light Screen.
Also, Swampert won't benefit that much from it as its only weakness is grass.

Espeon: I'm not sure about the last move.

Good team.

P.S. - If you find that Hydro Pump just isn't as accurate as you had hoped you can use Waterfall... less power, but 100% accuracy.

andyizcool
23rd November 2003, 05:11 AM
If you look above now you'll see my team the only thing I need know is the last move for Espeon and where all the EVs need to go on them all to help them.

~Andrew