PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Generation Episode #53: Skitty and Assist! Meadow of Numel

Light_Togetic
21st November 2003, 12:33 PM
Meh, one of my classes got cancelled; I'm so bored!!! So, I decided to get early on today's new preview for the next episode in Japan.

Advanced Generation Episode #53: Skitty and Assist! Meadow of Numel

Hmm... much debate has sparked about whether or not someone will catch Numel in this epsiode. Personally, I'd rather it be James than Ash. James needs another pokemon, and Numel would be an awesome pokemon for TR to have. What Ash needs for a fire pokemon is something kick-a**, not slow and dopey like Numel. I don't really know if a Torkoal would suit him, but certainly not a Numel. Just my feelings on the matter. As to the chances of someone catching Numel. Probably not.

The Preview:

It opens with the usual red screen with Groudon on it, and then jumps to a scene with Skitty holding onto a Numel's ear happily, and then letting go after it doesn't respond. Then we see a Numel standing on it's hind legs and leaning with its front paws on the tree to eat. A furret is in the background (OMG Johto pokemon!). Then it cuts to a scene with a giant Numel (obviously a TR machine) that has a few "grabbers" grabbing up a sleeping Numel. There must be a 'herd' of them, because the Numel has other Numel around it sleeping too. Then we get some really fast shots of some May getting chased by some Slugma (wow, Johto pokemon... again!), Ash ordering Pikachu to use an electric attack (which he does, in his usual Pikachu manner), a Numel blowing a bit of steam out of its hump (the first pic below except it hasn't blown yet), and a woman ordering Furret (apparently hers) to attack. It jumps to a screen with Skitty readying to attack with May standing behind her, and then it shows Skitty and Furret battling. Some Numel pound at a wall with their bodies; and Jessie orders an attack. Then it leaves us with a scene of May leaping in an attempt to catch Skitty (the second pic).

The Pictures:

"What do ya mean I need to go on the Atkins diet?!" (http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anima/images/anima_weekly.jpg)

I'll Save You Skitty!!! (http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_ag/2_yokoku/img/053.jpg)

The Talk:

Well, to me this episode preview shows nothing in the way of a connection between one of the trainers and the Numel. Without showing that, I think it's safe to say that no one will be catching a Numel anytime fast. That's a shame too, because Numel's so cool! (In my opinion). It seems as if this episode will have some May/Skitty focus, and some battling too! The only unfortunate thing is that it looks as if TR will just be doing their usual...... I'm SO tired of that!! Is it really that hard to come up with something new for them to do? It might be fun and different to have the writers surprise us with things like Ash not getting all the starter pokemon, or Pikachu learning Iron Tail; but it would be even better if they would surprise us with some new things for TR to do!

Chris 2.1
21st November 2003, 04:09 PM
anybody think Numel looks like tubby?

I think Ash will catch one; this scenario has popped up before, and I think if TR steal Numel in a Numel-Mecha, they won't be intent on keeping one for themselves. Ash, I can see maybe saving the Numel except one, that one joining him or something. Who knows, maybe it joins Brock? (i'd like that!)

SuperSonic
21st November 2003, 07:06 PM
Maybe I'm just missing some post, but everything I've read about peoples feelings towards this ep never mentions May's skitty learning Assist, which would be what I think would happen. Skitty learns it in the games. I wonder how they'd animate assist. Maybe they'll just have skitty playing outside with her fellow pokemon and she sees them using and attack and when its time to battle she uses assist and some sort of aura surrounds her, there's a flash of her remembering her friends attack, and she fires whatever attack it is. I hope I remembered what assist actually does, I've only seen it used against me.

Andrew
22nd November 2003, 04:14 AM
HA! Remember I said we'd have someone running away from Slugma Zak! *Gives classic Capture Pose* Told you so!
And there probably won't be a Numel capture. So no fire for Ash! Heh, looks like Ash won't be getting a fire type this series... any ideas for his next enslavement?

But yea, seems like a filler. Intro a new Pogey, save the Numel, get them excercising their lazy asses yada yada yada.

Gravy
22nd November 2003, 10:19 AM
Hmmm...is it just me, or are Torkoal and Numel pretty similar? *shrugs*

Meh...to be honest, I never really thought Ash would get a Numel anyways. But, I'm guessing a load of people are going to start suggesting he'll be capturing one of the G/S pokes such as Slugma..*groan*..will they ever learn that this is to showcase all the new pokémon.
Anyways, hopefully this won't be a filler and just build on character development with Haruka and Skitty.
I'm kinda confused as to how Skitty is any part of this episode. All it seems to do in the preveiw is chase around a Furret, and a few moments later Haruka dives for it as if she's saving it from something @_@

Mikachu Yukitatsu
24th November 2003, 12:40 AM
These topics must be posted, where would I present my work if they weren't there?

Skitty does play a role in this eppie. I got this out of it while translating this here text from www.tv-tokyo.co.jp (this is a JPEG I saved on my school's server):

http://www.edu.haapavesi.fi/~mitanska/11gatsu27nichi.jpg

From Japanese to English:

Eeneko And Cat's Hand! Donmeru's Meadow!

To head for Chimney Mountain, Satoshi and friends, having advanced to a cave called [Flame Loophole], and after leaving a group of Magumakku, have arrived in a meadow which spreads from a gently-sloping hill. There, Satoshi and others meet Yooko, who grows Donmeru, and they may stop in the house. Thereupon, Haruka starts speaking about how she wants to get Eneko real battle experience, and she and Yooko decide to have a battle. Haruka uses Eneko's new skill [Cat's Hand], but as the opponent is Yooko's Ootachi, which entered the battle, it becomes painful.

That night, someone sneaks in the meadow stealing Donmeru...

Cat's Hand=Assist
Donmeru=Numel
Magumakku=Slugma
Ootachi=Furret

Nikku-San
25th November 2003, 03:08 PM
Am I the only person who thinks Numel is kinda cute? I also think it suits James well. Perhaps one of the captured Numel will take a liking to him. And maybe Ash will catch the Slugma just for the sheer heck of it.

Light_Togetic
25th November 2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Personally, I'd rather it be James than Ash. James needs another pokemon, and Numel would be an awesome pokemon for TR to have.

:yes: *Is in complete agreement with Nikku-San*

Yeah, I think that Numel and Mudkip are probably the cutest Hoenn pokemon. I have a soft spot for them both, and I sincerely do think that Numel fits well with James.

Zak
25th November 2003, 09:40 PM
So finally, people are starting to take my prediction of James getting a Numel seriously... Heh.

And Mika, Ootachi = Furret, actually. I believe Furret also gets Assist in the game, so... this should be an interesting battle.

Plus, as I might mention... Ash is on his way to a FIRE Gym, so does he really need Numel? For one, he has Corphish, who can own them single-handedly. I doubt they're gonna do what they did with Wattson... but assuming she has a team of two, like in the game, Corphish and Pikachu are enough. If Flannery has a team of 3, however... MAYBE him getting Numel is a possibility.

But James needs a Pokemon. And I believe the only Fire type he's "had" was Growlie, his Growlithe. This would probably be a replacement for that, like Cacnea was for Victreebel.

~Zak

Mikachu Yukitatsu
25th November 2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Zak
And Mika, Ootachi = Furret, actually. I believe Furret also gets Assist in the game, so... this should be an interesting battle.

Thanks, I just edited it. And Otachi=Sentret. I have hard time learning Japanese Pokémon names because I have played Pokémon games in Japanese only a few times and never excactly watch these episodes...But double vowels I should pick up since Finnish is my mother tongue after all!

Anyways, it's always cool to see a Johto Pokémon in an AG episode.