PDA

View Full Version : Voice cast for your characters...

Iveechan
21st November 2003, 06:23 PM
Do you ever imagine someone in particular to voice your fic characters? I know that if Guilty were a cartoon, Aya would definately be voiced by Nancy Cartright... she does a ton of cartoon voices and would be cheap too ;) (among other things, she does bart simpson, babs bunny, dot from "animaniacs", and most female voices you hear on common cartoons). I don't have anyone in particular in mind for Champ... just some young guy, but not too youthful.

In my escape from jynx fics, I did mention that the Machoke sounded like Tom Kenny (the newer spyro the dragon, spongebob, mayor from "powerpuff girls, etc) in one of the chapters. As for everyone else... I dunno.

So, yes, anyone else have a mental voice list for your char's?

mr_pikachu
21st November 2003, 06:56 PM
Honestly, I never really remember the names of people who are in movies or TV ot anything else anyway. I do, however, have mental ideas of how I want them to sound, and I know other writers do too. (Sparky from classy_cat18's A Doolittle of Pokemon has a New Yorker voice. Go figure.) I suppose one voice that could be used for a lot of characters could by Ray Romano, since he has such a distinctive voice. Or that one really whiny guy whose name I can never remember. See? Now do you see my problem? ;)

EDIT: You know, you should really have a poll here, so we could get a better idea. After all, not everyone goes to the trouble to reply to these threads, but many writers at least answer the polls.

The Decapitated Mole
22nd November 2003, 04:09 PM
Well... I'm pretty sure that Hiro in TMAOH would be voiced by Jason Lee [If you've ever seen mallrats[brodie], dogma[azreal], chasing amy[banky], or jay and silent bob strike back[brodie and banky]] cuz hes awesome.

o_0
jimm

Lady Vulpix
22nd November 2003, 07:20 PM
O_O
I imagine their voices, but I don't compare them to anyone else's.