PDA

View Full Version : [GSC] Can anyone RMT?

dark_sol
26th November 2003, 04:08 PM
I'm trying to make an original team but I keep on running into problems.I heard this was a good place to get my pokemon rated, so here I am. Feel free to change pokemon and/or moves.

Forretress
Item:MiracleBerry

Curse
Explosion
Hidden Power(bug)
Spikes

Marowak
Item:ThickClub(obviously)

Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swagger
Return

Kingler
Item:ScopeLens

Crabhammer
Swords Dance
Return
Haze

Electabuzz

Psychic
Frustration
Screech
Thunderbolt

Ninetails

Confuse Ray
Roar
Flamethrower
Attract

Kabutops

Ancient Power
Surf
Swords Dance
Frustration

Any help would be appreciated.

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2003, 05:23 PM
Forretress-Go with Rapid Spin over Curse. HP Bug is good, Reflect is an option over it though. Attach Leftovers.

Marowak-Not bad, go with Body Slam over Return, for the chance of paralyzing. Instead of Swagger, go with something like Rest instead.

Kingler-Surf over Crabhammer. Body Slam over Return. Attach Leftovers.

Electabuzz

Thunderbolt
Fire Punch
Cross Chop
Ice Punch
@Leftovers.

Ninetales-Sunny Day or HP Grass over Attract. Atach Leftovers.

Kabutops' moveset is very good, just attach Leftovers.

Overall: Your team has a 3x Ground weakness, (Electabuzz, Ninetales, Kabutops.) and a 3x Grass weakness. (Marowak, Kingler, Kabutops.) The 3x Grass weakness is not so much of a problem, because Grass moves aren't too common, but the 3x Ground weakness is a bigger problem, just about every team has a Pokémon or 2 that knows Earthquake. Most of your movesets are ok, they just need a little reworking. Also, make sure to use more Leftovers, none of your Pokémon have Leftovers attached, and Leftovers are pretty helpful, they should help your team out a little bit.

dark_sol
26th November 2003, 05:52 PM
Do you think I should switch a pokemon to balance out the weaknesses?

Number1ChanseyFan
26th November 2003, 08:54 PM
Yeah, you probably should switch someone out... Replacing Kabutops will get rid of both the 3x Ground weakness and the 3x Grass weakness in your team... Let's see... a flying type wouldn't be a bad choice... How about a Dragonite?

Dragonite

Wing Attack
Thunder Wave
Ice Beam
Haze
@Leftovers.

Since you would have Haze on Dragonite, your could get rid of Kingler's Haze, and replace it with Rest. :)

Sir Chris
27th November 2003, 05:01 AM
I would just like to say replacing a kabutops on a team is a crime against humanity.

(can you tell its one of my favorites?)

I have a better idea. Replace the unstable kingler with a heracross, at this point you add a dimension to your team that ou just quite frankly didn't have before, an actually "fast" attacker. Also heracross' presence stablizes the rest of the team by adding resistance to both ground and the grass. A set ye should use for this team would be something like

sleep talk
rest
mega horn
earthquake

a nice stable set, you'll need heracross to survive to make this team work, so thats why I am suggesting sleep talk. Try out dragonite too if ya want, see which one works best for your style, I personally have a wee bit of a heracross bias myself.

Oh, and in my opinion, your forry set was just fine before n1cf tinkered with it, so I would leave it the same. I never saw much point in a pokemon that couldn't fend for itself really, and with rapid spin + reflect, the poor guy would be sitting out to dry or having to go boom on itself, also with curse it is a viable threat to several pokemon, as it can curse once or twice, go booom, and kill a lot of things in its path. Also, on a bit of a side note, I used to use hp fire on forry... andit actually worked... now, I am not suggesting that, but ehe, it was unexpected good times!

have a nice day lad

Draco06
27th November 2003, 07:41 PM
whats leftovers?

HedgeCat
27th November 2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Draco06
whats leftovers?
An item that recovers your HP ever turn.

Number1ChanseyFan
27th November 2003, 08:29 PM
whats leftovers?

Leftovers recover 1/16 of the maximum HP of the Pokémon that is holding them after every turn in battle. In the G/S/C game, you can find Leftovers in a trash can inside a restaurant in Celadon City. Also, the wild Snorlax that is by Vermillion City is holding Leftovers, so if you catch the Snorlax, then the Leftovers are also yours. In addition, if you trade a Snorlax from R/B/Y to G/S/C, it will be holding Leftovers. If you need any more Leftovers, you will have to duplicate them. This is done by a pretty simple process. Note that duplication usually only works on Gold and Silver. It usually doesn't work on Crystal, although a few people claim that it is possible. Anyways, here is the duplication process...

Figure out which Pokémon you want to duplicate.

If you want, attach an item to the Pokémon that you are going to duplicate, so you will also be duplicating the item in addition to the Pokémon.

Save your Game, then go to a computer at a PokéCenter, and access Bill's PC. Deposit the Pokémon that you want to duplicate, then switch to another box.

Now, when the screen says "saving.....do not turn off the power" turn off the Gameboy. Wait for the entire message to come up before you turn the Gameboy off.

Finally, when you turn your Gameboy back on, if you have done the trick correctly, you will now have two of the Pokémon that you wanted to duplicate, one in your lineup, and one in the PC box.

Like I said above, the duplicating trick only works on Gold and Silver, not Crystal. Nintendo made sure to get rid of it when Crystal was released. A few people claim that they are able to duplicate Pokémon on Crystal, but generally, outside of a few isolated cases, it doesn't work on the Crystal version.

Mr.E
28th November 2003, 01:23 AM
CRABHAMMER! CRABHAMMER! 8D

Amazingly, Crabhammer, like Hydro Pimp, has a higher average damage than Surf does. And it's so :cool: duder. 8)

Draco06
28th November 2003, 08:13 PM
here is the duplication process...

Is there a way you multiply items?

Number1ChanseyFan
28th November 2003, 09:30 PM
here is the duplication process...

Is there a way you multiply items?

Yeah, I listed the entire duplication process in my post in this topic, and titandude21 and myself also answered the duplication thread that you created too. ;)

Linux
28th November 2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Number1ChanseyFan

Like I said above, the duplicating trick only works on Gold and Silver, not Crystal. Nintendo made sure to get rid of it when Crystal was released. A few people claim that they are able to duplicate Pokémon on Crystal, but generally, outside of a few isolated cases, it doesn't work on the Crystal version.

actually the trick does work on crystal but if you do it too often then you're at a bigger risk of it ****ing up your game, but it does work lol

GoldDraconian
1st December 2003, 08:35 PM
Forretress: Your moveset is fine. Rest over Explosion is an option with Curse, but not ideal with your lack of a Beller. Get Leftovers on here.

Marowak: Return is almost entirely useless. Body Slam for paralysis or Fire Blast to deal with Skarmory is better. Swagger is rather weak, despite your team's overall high Defense. Swords Dance is a nice option over it. Or you can use Earthquake/Body Slam or Rock Slide/Sleep Talk/Rest.

Kingler: Haze and Swords Dance makes for a bad combination. Replace one of them with... um... blast it, Kingler has a horrible movepool... HP Ground? -_- And again, Leftovers.

Electabuzz: N1C's moveset is my favorite.

Ninetales: Body Slam over Attract or Roar on your moveset works. You can replace this entirely with Charizard (Belly Drum/Fire Blast/Earthquake/Rock Slide) or Magmar (Fire Blast/Thunderpunch/Cross Chop/Confuse Ray) for an overall stronger Fire type.

Kabutops: Leftovers.

Green_Pikachu
26th December 2003, 08:29 AM
Forretress
Curse
Explosion
Hidden Power(bug)
Spikes

this is perfect. very nice. attach leftovers though.

Marowak
Item:ThickClub(obviously)
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Swagger
Return

swagger/return? aw man. i know you're trying to be original, but marowak isn't exactly the pokemon that you want to try and be original with. marowak makes a great rest/sleep talker. or, throw swords dance on there, and make sure to lower his attack DVs down to 13.

Kingler
Item:ScopeLens
Crabhammer
Swords Dance
Return
Haze

yes...swords dance and haze. very nice. :( dump one or the other. preferably haze. for another attacking move. maybe even something like substitute.

Electabuzz
[list]
Psychic
Frustration
Screech
Thunderbolt

dump psychic. it's crap. get ice punch for grounds on the switch-in. screech is ok. it acts as a shuffling move i guess.

Ninetails
Confuse Ray
Roar
Flamethrower
Attract

sure, why not...i guess it works

Kabutops
Ancient Power
Surf
Swords Dance
Frustration

works i guess.

looks like a fun team. i dont know how well it will stand up to standards, but it can do pretty well in the fun/semi-uu category. miracleberry sucks compared to leftovers. it is much better. creative team. decent pokemon choice, an pretty good sets. not bad.