PDA

View Full Version : A bit of unfortunate news...

Zak
27th November 2003, 04:40 PM
As some of you may heard, in AG53 which aired today, Ash does *NOT* get Numel. I told you so :P

However, neither does James... the only major thing that happens, at least as far as I know, is Skitty has her first battle, and learns Assist. Other than that, this would be a filler.... but at least it sounds like a good action packed filler, with Furret battling and all, and as usual a TR mecha Numel... I'll provide a synopsis soon.

~Zak

Fire_Convoy
27th November 2003, 05:23 PM
:mad: The writers are EVIL!!!!

No Bagon... No Numel... The only thing really left for Ash to use as a Fire-type is Slugma!

Andrew
27th November 2003, 05:40 PM
I knew he wouldn't catch Numel (y) Lol.

And he won't Catch Slugma. GSC and all.

But was there anything to say that Numel might follow them?

JazzJazz
27th November 2003, 08:00 PM
I'm glad that Ash didn't get his token fire pokemon for a change, though I would've been very happy to see James catch a numel.

Animelee
27th November 2003, 11:20 PM
Maybe they want him to get Torkoal, then?

Gaborn
28th November 2003, 02:10 AM
Torkoal are surprisingly short in the game (only a foot in size). It might be something Ash could grow to love if the anime doesn't make it larger.

Chris 2.1
28th November 2003, 01:13 PM
Whoa. Well, it doesn't matter really, does it? Why catch a fire Pokemon before a fire gym? IMHO, it's great we're not getting what we want, it shows the writers are being...original.

Animelee
28th November 2003, 01:19 PM
Good point.

If he didn't get Numel, which would've been too predictable, then that means they have something better in store for Ash.

Possibly Torkoal, or something else -- like a Pokemon that can learn Fire-type attacks, but isn't a Fire-type.

JazzJazz
28th November 2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
If he didn't get Numel, which would've been too predictable, then that means they have something better in store for Ash.

Given disappointments in the past... he might not be getting anything at all.

Nikku-San
28th November 2003, 05:34 PM
Guess Numel just wasn't meant for him. Well, I hope the writers come up with something good. As long as Ash doesn't inherit Torchic after May's unfortunate demise... >>;;

Mikey
28th November 2003, 06:45 PM
Hmm, Torkoal would have to be caught after Ash's battle with Flannery though. It would be dull to see "Torkoal vs Torkoal." Maybe Ash will be so impressed by it that he wants to catch one...

JazzJazz
28th November 2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Mikey
Hmm, Torkoal would have to be caught after Ash's battle with Flannery though. It would be dull to see "Torkoal vs Torkoal." Maybe Ash will be so impressed by it that he wants to catch one...

We've seen this situation before... haven't we? I can't remember exactly and no, I'm not thinking of Ash catching chikorita after seeing Casey's. I'm sure Ash has been impressed with a pokemon and gone on to seek his own.

Animelee
28th November 2003, 10:33 PM
Same with Cyndaquil and Totodile, too. I guess he has a thing for starter Pokemon.

I just watched the episode, and the Numel were at a ranch that belonged to a girl, so there's no chance of any of them following Ash. :(

JazzJazz
29th November 2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Animelee
Same with Cyndaquil and Totodile, too. I guess he has a thing for starter Pokemon.

I just watched the episode, and the Numel were at a ranch that belonged to a girl, so there's no chance of any of them following Ash. :(

Other characters have given pokemon the the main group in the past... just because the numel belonged to this ranch girl doesn't mean that Ash couldn't have obtained one.

Chris 2.1
29th November 2003, 06:40 PM
Let's not forget Ash fished a Corphish in the Carvanha episode.

He knew of the RBY starters prior to catching them

He met Chikorita before catching one, as well as Totodile. He also learned of Cyndaquil from Elm.

Misty met a Corsola before catching one.

etc. etc. etc.

You get where I'm coming from, although I doubt Ash will catch one. Besides, in the ep, from what ive seen May seems to bond with them better; she gets grabbed into the mecha with the Numel.

Kojiro
29th November 2003, 07:35 PM
Pokemon Any of the group have met in a prior episode then caught:
Treecko
Mudkip
Corphish
Beautifly
Snorlax
Phanphy
Charmander
Bulbasaur
Squirtle
Cyndaquil
Chikorita
Totdile
...and others too!

Salvester2
29th November 2003, 08:05 PM
You know, in the world where the writers and stuff were smart, Charizard would come back insted of catching stupid Fire-pokemon, or lack their of.

But that in only in the world of cool writers..*sigh*

I miss Charizard